Bad
Good

Posted February 18, 2015
I am a mother of a Maya graduate and a senior at Maya this year, my children have been at Maya for 3 years and I have had nothing but a great experiences.I am 100% involved in the school. I support them in every way and I feel that if my children hadnt went to Maya then I wouldnt have a daughter in college at this time and one on her way to a University. They had their education in mind at all times and coached them and helped them exceed their expectations of themself. My senior this year is in student council and has over come so many fears and hurdles at Maya she has blossomed so much and i THANK Maya that they reach out to every student and meet them on so many levels she is on her way to doing big things with what she has learned and been pushed to see in herself. My childern have NO disiplanary issues and are good kids they could go to any school and I wouldnt choose any other school ever. I cant say how much Maya has done for my family and I cant wait for my other kids to become MAYA STRONG!!! Mayas motto is ALL IN..ANY CHALLENGE.. NO EXCUSES and thats a household motto too!

Posted January 22, 2015
Maya High School is an alternative charter high school where students are allowed to make up their missing credits or achieve their credits faster. Maya is about instructing the whole student to prepare him or her for who they want to be in life. Maya meets the student where they are on their life path to help them reach for their goals. I have had the honor of working for Maya for about five years and each year I see the school getting better. This year we have a Success Advisor to work with students on their transition plans. We have formed a partnership with WestMec in order for students to receive vocational training while in school. It takes a caring and compassionate individual with a heart for the students to work here. We believe in building relationships with students so that they can become the person they are meant to be in life. Are you ready to be MAYA STRONG?

Maya High School 1

Posted January 19, 2015
I am a former teacher of Maya High School. If you are looking for a teaching teaching position--LOOK THE OTHER WAY!!! They have a high turn-over rate of teachers. There is a reason for that: the school is a mess. The administration is in denial of the fact that the students need direction and discipline. They condone behavior from students that a real school would not tolerate. The students have gotten accustom to behaving badly because they know administration will do NOTHING. They can't keep teachers. They quit for the reasons I've just told you. The school has a horrible reputation due to administration turning a blind eye. And, they do not know how to KEEP good teachers when they finally have one. If you have an interview there--do NOT be fooled by what fairy tale the administration is going to tell you. If you know what's good for you, you'd not apply and keep searching elsewhere. I wish someone had warned me before I wasted my time and energy there. The school is a joke.

Posted January 28, 2014
I have to say this school, is Awesome! I give it a 5 star. My child who does not like school, goes to school everyday at Maya High, and enjoys her day there. This is good for us, school has always been hard for her. Maya is a terrific high school, the teachers and staff are awesome always available to answer any questions or concerns. I would recommend this school for my family members and friends. I truly believe in their motto "Maya Strong" Because they teach their students to be strong minded and continue that outside of the school in their future endeavors. I am happy and pleased I chose Maya High School for my child. I will continue to support Maya after my child graduates.

Posted August 22, 2013
Maya High School is extraordinary in that its staff and faculty have great compassion and caring for each student. Class schedules are flexible so that each student may attend at convenient times. Staff and teachers are trying hard to improve test scores and help students achieve success.

Posted September 14, 2012
I have three grand children at maya high school, and they are more interested in their work than at any other school they have been in. Iappreciate maya staff and teachers they are very involved in the success of these children.We attended the first open house at maya this year and i was so impressed with the principal of the school, he is very hands on and approachable always available, i love maya high school so far,and looking to be a volunteer at maya.

Posted October 30, 2006
This school is very good for people that want to continue school or just graduate much faster then any regular school. This school has a football team, basketball team, and volleyball team as well a cheerleader and other extra curricular activities like student council and year book. My point is that this school if fun as well as academic. We have moved far from maya and my daughter doesn't want to change schools. It takes us 45 min. To get to school but she wouldn't change school for the world. This school is fun. Like i said before, but it also has staff and teachers that help you graduate with a much better gpa. This school is right for anyone. I really do recommend it.

Posted April 13, 2005
I am very pleased with Maya High School. My daughter is very happy attending this school, and she is receiving top grades.

Posted January 13, 2005
Really good teachers who are genuinly concerned for the kids education and social needs.

Maya High School