Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Mercury Mine Elementary School
Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted December 06, 2015
Mercury Mine does an exceptional job in building the character of its students, especially during the primary years. Weekly bullying meetings, character lessons, and rewards for having exceptional character are all parts of Mercury Mine's emphasis on character building.

Mercury Mine Elementary School 4

Posted December 06, 2015
I was a student at Mercury Mine from first through sixth grade, and I had a magnificent time. The school has a gorgeous campus, with two large playgrounds and fields, as well as a desert trail. Almost all of my teachers were wonderful. My honors teacher in fourth and fifth grade and my fourth grade homeroom teacher are the exceptions. The honors teacher was very disorganized, and that was reflected in the results of her students. Also, she didn't seem to adapt well to different learning styles. However, she has left the school now. My fourth grade teacher was a rather cold person, and rather than trying to get to know her students better she made assumptions and judgements about them that carried with them for the whole school year. Otherwise, however, my teachers were incredible. My first grade teacher lured me, a very shy person, out of her shell, while doing her best to provide me with challenges to keep me engaged in the curriculum, while my second grade teacher kept building on what my first grade teacher had set up. My third grade teacher challenged me to push my limits and up my standards. With fourth grade, my worst year at Mercury Mine by a long shot, already covered, my fifth grade year was a highlight, challenging me while being fun and interactive. The fifth grade teachers were especially great, and offered interactive lessons to keep everyone interested in the curriculum. My sixth grade teachers were much like my fifth grade ones, and did an excellent job preparing me for middle school. All special area teachers were wonderful, particularly the technology teacher, who made a great effort to connect with every kid on a personal, friendly level. The principal is a hardworking, dedicated professional who many mistake as cold but who is really just a firm person, and incredibly good and caring at heart. I would recommend sending your child here, for sure. However, for a family with special needs children, I would choose a different school. MMES has a difficult time handling special needs students, in my experience. With the exception of that demographic, I would tell anyone else, by all means, send your child to Mercury Mine.

Posted March 02, 2015
I love Mercury Mine and would highly recommend this school. I went here K-6 many years ago and it is still a wonderful school. My daughter is in K here and she is thriving and doing so well!! I love MMES!! My daughter's teacher and principal has made this transition extremely easy on me. I feel at home.

Mercury Mine Elementary School 4

Posted September 19, 2014
Some fine teachers and mediocre administration. School administration acts as if parents are being granted a great privilege in their children being "allowed" to attend Mercury Mine. The attitude towards dissent is "go somewhere else". Classified staff frequently give parents orders in a peremptory manner without identifying themselves by name or position. The overall effect is one of arrogance and rudeness. The kids do like their teachers and seem to be progressing well.

Posted April 15, 2014
Mercury Mine is an excellent school. Teachers are great from Pre K to 6th grade! Office staff is extremely helpful. We just love the nurse! PTG has great events for students and family from Family Bingo Night to Spring Fling. Principal is tough but she has to be, this is serious business and I'm glad she takes her job seriously. Wouldn't want my kids to be anywhere else

Posted August 12, 2013
Its a very good school i have been so satisfied with there work. I cant wait to see what else they have up there sleve for this year!!! I<3 mercury mine!!!!!!!!

Posted August 12, 2013
Mercury Mine is a great school. The teachers are professional, creative and work as a team to meet each child's educational needs. Parents are very involved at the school and the community created makes this an excellent place for kids to learn...

Posted November 29, 2012
I chose this school from this site 4 years ago when my oldest was getting ready to go into K. I compared deer valley, Peoria and PV district schools and based on test scores I chose MMES. I am so glad I did! The programs for reading and math they offer my kids help them excel past standards through school! every teacher and staff member I have encountered have always been more than helpful and dedicated to my children. My sisters child goes there as well. I am confident my kids are receiving a quality education here. I am looking forward to joining the school for the many extra curricular activities they offer as well!

Posted May 18, 2012
Have 2 kids here and absolutely love it. It's a great school with great teachers and great staff.

Mercury Mine Elementary School 1

Posted February 28, 2012
HATED this school! ugh! alot of white rich white girls and boys that treat mexicans like dirt!

Mercury Mine Elementary School
9640 North 28th Street, Phoenix, AZ  85028
Last modified Mercury Mine Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mercury Mine Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 73 reviews. Top