Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

I cannot begin to express how pleased I have been with Mercury Mine Elementary. Coming from a smaller close knit suburb of Chicago, I was nervous what sort of school options we would find in a larger urban area, fearing my children would be just another number to the schools. However, Mercury Mine has this incredible warmth of a close knit community. When I walk in the doors, I see familiar faces in the parents volunteering in the hallways, and the teachers passing by, greeting me as if I've been around forever. The teachers seem happy, and very much a team, and to me, happy teachers and faculty are crucial for a positive learning environment The teachers are invested in cultivating a future of happy, courteous, bright and well rounded individuals. I am continuously impressed with the PTG, and the goals they have set for school enhancements. The technology goals discussed at the most recent meeting blow me away. As a former Kindergarten teacher, I had a very specific criteria I was set on as I considered all of the school options (charter, private and the many public schools) and I am so happy with our choice. I cannot recommend Mercury Mine more highly!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

My daughter has grown so much this year, and she loves school. Of the teachers I have interacted with, I see dedicated teachers who are invested wholly in the development of their students.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

I only have Kindergarten to base this off of, but I 100% agree with the philosophy that children learn best through a combination of hands on activities, some paper work, technology resources, and authentic learning experiences rather than sitting down for 8 hours with papers to fill out. The Kindergarten teachers at Mercury Mine provide these enriching experiences and there is minimal need for homework at this level.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Mercury Mine does an exceptional job in building the character of its students, especially during the primary years. Weekly bullying meetings, character lessons, and rewards for having exceptional character are all parts of Mercury Mine's emphasis on character building.

I was a student at Mercury Mine from first through sixth grade, and I had a magnificent time. The school has a gorgeous campus, with two large playgrounds and fields, as well as a desert trail. Almost all of my teachers were wonderful. My honors teacher in fourth and fifth grade and my fourth grade homeroom teacher are the exceptions. The honors teacher was very disorganized, and that was reflected in the results of her students. Also, she didn't seem to adapt well to different learning styles. However, she has left the school now. My fourth grade teacher was a rather cold person, and rather than trying to get to know her students better she made assumptions and judgements about them that carried with them for the whole school year. Otherwise, however, my teachers were incredible. My first grade teacher lured me, a very shy person, out of her shell, while doing her best to provide me with challenges to keep me engaged in the curriculum, while my second grade teacher kept building on what my first grade teacher had set up. My third grade teacher challenged me to push my limits and up my standards. With fourth grade, my worst year at Mercury Mine by a long shot, already covered, my fifth grade year was a highlight, challenging me while being fun and interactive. The fifth grade teachers were especially great, and offered interactive lessons to keep everyone interested in the curriculum. My sixth grade teachers were much like my fifth grade ones, and did an excellent job preparing me for middle school. All special area teachers were wonderful, particularly the technology teacher, who made a great effort to connect with every kid on a personal, friendly level. The principal is a hardworking, dedicated professional who many mistake as cold but who is really just a firm person, and incredibly good and caring at heart. I would recommend sending your child here, for sure. However, for a family with special needs children, I would choose a different school. MMES has a difficult time handling special needs students, in my experience. With the exception of that demographic, I would tell anyone else, by all means, send your child to Mercury Mine.

I love Mercury Mine and would highly recommend this school. I went here K-6 many years ago and it is still a wonderful school. My daughter is in K here and she is thriving and doing so well!! I love MMES!! My daughter's teacher and principal has made this transition extremely easy on me. I feel at home.

Some fine teachers and mediocre administration. School administration acts as if parents are being granted a great privilege in their children being "allowed" to attend Mercury Mine. The attitude towards dissent is "go somewhere else". Classified staff frequently give parents orders in a peremptory manner without identifying themselves by name or position. The overall effect is one of arrogance and rudeness. The kids do like their teachers and seem to be progressing well.

Mercury Mine is an excellent school. Teachers are great from Pre K to 6th grade! Office staff is extremely helpful. We just love the nurse! PTG has great events for students and family from Family Bingo Night to Spring Fling. Principal is tough but she has to be, this is serious business and I'm glad she takes her job seriously. Wouldn't want my kids to be anywhere else

Its a very good school i have been so satisfied with there work. I cant wait to see what else they have up there sleve for this year!!! I<3 mercury mine!!!!!!!!

Mercury Mine is a great school. The teachers are professional, creative and work as a team to meet each child's educational needs. Parents are very involved at the school and the community created makes this an excellent place for kids to learn...

Last modified Mercury Mine Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.