Phoenix, AZ

Mercury Mine Elementary School 4

Posted September 19, 2014
Some fine teachers and mediocre administration. School administration acts as if parents are being granted a great privilege in their children being "allowed" to attend Mercury Mine. The attitude towards dissent is "go somewhere else". Classified staff frequently give parents orders in a peremptory manner without identifying themselves by name or position. The overall effect is one of arrogance and rudeness. The kids do like their teachers and seem to be progressing well.

Posted April 15, 2014
Mercury Mine is an excellent school. Teachers are great from Pre K to 6th grade! Office staff is extremely helpful. We just love the nurse! PTG has great events for students and family from Family Bingo Night to Spring Fling. Principal is tough but she has to be, this is serious business and I'm glad she takes her job seriously. Wouldn't want my kids to be anywhere else

Posted August 12, 2013
Its a very good school i have been so satisfied with there work. I cant wait to see what else they have up there sleve for this year!!! I<3 mercury mine!!!!!!!!

Posted August 12, 2013
Mercury Mine is a great school. The teachers are professional, creative and work as a team to meet each child's educational needs. Parents are very involved at the school and the community created makes this an excellent place for kids to learn...

Posted November 29, 2012
I chose this school from this site 4 years ago when my oldest was getting ready to go into K. I compared deer valley, Peoria and PV district schools and based on test scores I chose MMES. I am so glad I did! The programs for reading and math they offer my kids help them excel past standards through school! every teacher and staff member I have encountered have always been more than helpful and dedicated to my children. My sisters child goes there as well. I am confident my kids are receiving a quality education here. I am looking forward to joining the school for the many extra curricular activities they offer as well!

Posted May 18, 2012
Have 2 kids here and absolutely love it. It's a great school with great teachers and great staff.

Mercury Mine Elementary School 1

Posted February 28, 2012
HATED this school! ugh! alot of white rich white girls and boys that treat mexicans like dirt!

Posted December 14, 2011
I am the mother of a son who attended Mercury Mine from 3rd through 6th grade. My only regret is that he didn't get to be there for K, 1st, & 2nd. We went to two elementary schools before finding this treasure of a school. Mrs. Alley is the most tireless professional you could ever hope for in a principal. I never attended one extracurricular event that she was not present for. The teachers are the same...dedicated professionals who love what they do. Our experience in every grade was that the students were given clear instructions as to expectations. Communication is great. Activities are plentiful. Just not enough superlatives for this school. Many thanks for all you do. A grateful parent.

Posted May 03, 2011
As you can clearly see from previous reviews Mercury Mine is excellent. From the principal Donna Alley to the kindergarden teachers, they care. There is a very active PTG that keeps it all going. The student council is very active in daily activities as well. I have two boys attending here, one in 6th, and the other in the multi age classes. Both have gotten exceptional educations. My oldest is in honors and is very challenged, while my youngest gets extra attention in reading where he is struggling. Both received personalized educations. Are the teachers that good.....yep. I also live adjacent to the school and the grounds are well maintained. Often you see teachers here to 7 pm working on lesson plans special activites, etc. The school has many extra programs provided by teachers who stay late and care. Honors is exceptional as is band. Mrs. Haugel is a great musician who inspires kids. Mr. Collins leads a special program of kids working in conjunction with ASU for MSIP - Mars Space Imaging Program. Additionally GENYES allows kids to explore advanced technologies in a club. If your student is an achiever they will excel here!

Posted April 30, 2011
In response to the previous post..... I attended 3 events just last week at MMES. Mrs. Alley was beaming at the Third Grade Poetry Night, the Chorus Concert, and the Talent Show. She was beaming like these hundreds of children were HER OWN. The pride showed on her face. She is very involved and cares very much. And yes..... the teachers are tired, from planning, teaching, guiding, nurturing, loving and all the other things that go into a great school year. We are also ready to do it all again next year, because that's what we do and we LOVE it!

Mercury Mine Elementary School
9640 North 28th Street, Phoenix, AZ  85028
Last modified Mercury Mine Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mercury Mine Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 60 reviews. Top