Milestones Charter School

Charter | K-8

Living in Phoenix

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $98,700. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $800.

Posted September 7, 2007

I am extremely pleased with the way things have been going this year. My children are thriving in the small school community. I feel lucky to have found this school. Are there issues that still need to be addressed? Yes, but far less than at the public school that my children attended previously. And aren't there ongoing issues with any school?I say good luck and goodbye to the nay-sayers. I hope they find the perfection they are looking for. This is a new school that has grown tremendously. I have found the administration very easy to talk to. The teachers are, on a whole, fantastic!

Posted August 27, 2007

This school year has gotten off to a great start. While I know last year was a transition year, this year thus far seems filled with activities and fun educational days. My kids come home with great reviews of their days. They love their teachers, I would recommend this school to anyone that has a child that wants to learn and have fun doing it.

Posted August 18, 2007

Make sure you read ALL the review. Babysitting at best. Public school is a safer, better option. They are only out to make money here, education is LAST on the list

Posted August 17, 2007

I'm sure all of these possitive reviews are written by school personal. Read through all the reviews to find out the negative truth about this school. This year has shown us the lack of integrity the school possesses. As parents, coming to the administration with concerns has left us with a great disappointment. Totally unprofessional and uncaring. Would not recommend this school. Our children deserve better.

Posted August 16, 2007

This school is excellent! My children all have above average test scores and they enjoy going to school. The Administration know my children by name as well as their personality as well as what is going on in their life. It is the personal touches that make this school a great place to be.

Posted August 9, 2007

Below average at best. Administration is awful ! This school lacks in every way. Poor library no computer program, art , music and pe is nothing more then baby sitting. To much ego from the principal and vice principal.

Posted August 7, 2007

This school is deficient in several areas. Library resources are very limited, computer use is non-existent and their class curriculum lacks challenge for most students. It is evident this school offers nothing out of the ordinary. Be open minded that this school has lots of room for improvement.

Posted July 31, 2007

I love this school. My boys have been here from kindergarten, they are now in 10,5 & 3rd grade. I have seen a few problems but for the most part they are taken care of.If anyone thinks that there are not problems within a school, you are dreaming.Public schools are far worse.There are a few teachers that need to be reminded of their roles as educators and not buddies to the teenagers.I have only had problems with one teacher and one aide, other than that we are very happy. If I have a problem, the admin listens to my issues and we resolve it. Don't complain about something if you are not willing to help with the solution.Be a part of the shcool and the growing, not part of the problem by badmouthing the great people here.Take your concerns to the source & help find a solution. :)

Posted July 30, 2007

My child has went to this school for two years now. I have been very pleased with her teachers. I would recommend anyone interested in this school to check it out for yourself. I agree with some of the comments brought up in other posts about leadership, but the teachers are great and that is number one for me! I have never worried that my child was not in a safe, loving and nurturing environment.

Posted July 24, 2007

My son had a great teacher. I didn't have any problems with administration, but I know several parents who did. I would not recommend this school. The teacher turnover was significant last year. In music, my son came home many, many days and said they only played freeze dance. In PE, they ran around the gym. No computers at this school because they don't work, they were donated and are old. Unacceptable! Everyone school in the country should offer computer classes, and I haven't come across one yet, except Milestones.

Posted July 21, 2007

I feel so lucky to be a part of the Milestones community. Administration, teachers and staff have always had the best interest of the children at heart. My child has thrived at Milestones, and his test scores reflect excellent teaching that meets state standards. I absolutely love that the principal and administrators know all students, and many parents and siblings, by first name! I can always be sure that my child is well cared for and looked after while at Milestones. I have been sad to read that some families were not happy at Milestones, but like any school, Milestones could never be a perfect match for all students/families. It is definitely a school that is new and in the process of growing, and that should be kept in mind by potential parents. But is it awesome to be a part of that growth and exciting change!

Posted July 18, 2007

I am a teacher and proud parent of 2 Milestone's students. My children have had a wonderful school experience here. They excelled in their aims and terra nova scores and they have made wonderful friends. Milestones teaches to each child individually, and their number one concern is the education and safety of each and every child.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted July 16, 2007

I am sad to say I am pulling my kids out of this school. The leadership and 'truthful' parent communication was & is lacking.

Posted July 12, 2007

What was once a caring, wonderful teaching environment for our children has become a disorganized mess. The principal and vice principal are doing a poor job at trying to maintain order. Bullying has become the norm in the middle school. School work is minimal. Milestones is not the top notch school it once was. I would advise any parent to consider other schools in the area.

Posted July 12, 2007

I have been a teacher at Milestones for many years and I can honestly say that the 2006/07 school year has been the best year ever. Milestones has the best, most committed teachers that feel so supported in any way by administration. As teachers, we are lucky enough to know all the children regardless of their grade. The Milestones philosophy, that everyone is cared for and respected, is understood and carried out by everyone. Milestones is a wonderful school for students and their families. Teachers are given the flexibility to make learning fun and engaging; always meeting standards.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted July 3, 2007

I sent my children to this school last year because of the wonderful reports of their teaching techniques. I was impressed with their patients with the children, but found the school to be a bit disorganized. My children came from an advanced school system, and when I asked them if they learned anything this past year, they told me 'Mommy, I did not learn anything this year.' It is pretty bad when the children tell you that they learned nothing this year. Keep looking if you want your child to be chanllenged in school.

Posted June 29, 2007

While I am sure it's difficult to please everyone, when I drop my child off at school, I see happy children, pleased parents and a staff that has always been friendly and helpful. My advice is to check the school out for yourself and make a decision based on your feelings.

Posted June 27, 2007

I have been taking my son to milestones for 3 years. I am very happy with the teachers, and the way they educate my son. He comes home with something new every day through out the school year. I think the school is doing a great job.

Posted June 26, 2007

My son has been there for 4 years, since he was in preschool. I love it. I have never had a problem with administration and the teachers are wonderful. My son has had the best in education and love from all. What administrative change? The same people have been there from my start and I believe from the schools start.

Posted June 16, 2007

Math

The state average for Math was 69% in 2013.

27 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 75% in 2013.

27 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

32 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 77% in 2013.

32 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 79% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 56% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 79% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 85% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 52% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 58% in 2013.

n/a

Reading

The state average for Reading was 72% in 2013.

n/a

Source: Arizona Department of Education

• In 2010-2011, this school was designated "Performing Plus".
  • In 2009-2010, this school was designated "Highly Performing".
  • In 2008-2009, this school was designated "Highly Performing".

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 10% 3%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Female 51%N/A49%
Male 49%N/A51%

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Art teacher(s)
Assistant principal(s)
ELL/ESL Coordinator
Instructional aide(s)/coach(es)
PE instructor(s)
Special education coordinator
Speech and language therapist(s)
Teacher aid/assistant teacher
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by school community.

Special education / special needs

• Special education coordinator
  • Speech and language therapist(s)

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

Health & athletics

• Instructional aide(s)/coach(es)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Gym
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")
needs to be verified by school leaders.

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school

• Cafeteria
  • Computer lab
  • Gym
  • Library
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")
  • Music room