Montebello School 2

Posted September 28, 2014
The teachers here are all highly-qualified, but discipline is a huge issue. Students are openly defieant and refuse to focus on the learning, and parental support is weak. Parents say they will discipline their kids but don't. Racism is a huge issue among kids, which is sad because these kids will one day inherit the earth and need to make it a better place. Administration offers few ressources to get defiant kids to cooperate, and instead focuses on forcing teachers to attend massive numbers of meetings. Teachers need way more support from admin and parents in order to make things work. I'm all for positiv reinforcement, but when students remain defiant & rude, and we are expected to smile and offer positive solutions, the kids treat teachers liek a joke. It's hard for learning to get done in an environment where everything is about the teast, the teachers can't get stuff done in their rooms because they're always at some kind of meeting, and the students are not disciplined enough.

Posted October 31, 2011
I love Montebello it is one of the best schools! All four of my kids have attended this school. The teachers are caring, sensitive and responsible with the students....I've been with this school for ten years and all I can say that I'm very happy with all its staff Including the front office ladies. Thank you for all the hard work you do for our students!!!

Posted April 18, 2010
I love this school. The teachers do so much to help my child and often work extra hours to get the job done. My children love the teachers and staff. They look forward to going to school each week. I am very thankful for all the staff at Montebello School!

Montebello School 1

Posted February 25, 2010
Recently I noticed that My three nephews are now attending This school . They absolutley detest it and I agree with them. I understand that for many kids are not happy with school but this school Is BAD. The teachers seem ignorant and uncaring they do not seem to be interested in their students and do n ot make the effort to push them forward. It is a K-8 School and Most of the kids there grew up together But once a neew kid shows up they do not make the effort to show them how the school functions. I suggest they step up their game and listen to what the students have to say.

Posted January 17, 2008
I have been with Montebello School for 11 years and I am proud to serve with such a dedicated staff. Many are here early, stay late, and are even here on weekends. The standards are set high by our administration for both our staff, and our student body. We have a beautiful school that both staff and students take pride in. We are on the cutting edge of technology, and instructional practices. We offer our students tutoring, sport programs band, arts, parent classes, and numerous clubs. We are truly the center of our community. Our love for our community reveals itself further if there is a need such as displaced families, fires, tragedy, or serious illness. Our staff has responded by providing needed food and clothing, staged car washes, and provided a safe alternative at Halloween to name a few. I highly recommend Montebello School if you seek these qualities.

Posted January 14, 2008
My son has attended this school since kindergarten and the experience has just gotten better as we move on. He has had excellent teachers every year, and the communication between teacher, parent and staff has been nothing but excellent. The school has been so great, my son is currently in the sixth grade, and I have a kindergartner there as well! I have no intentions on switching schools, and my hopes are that all three of my children will have the opportunity to graduate from this school. I believe it is building a great foundation for their future.

Posted January 09, 2008
My experience at Montebello has been amazing! My two boys have been at Montebello for 3 years now. I have never met such dedicated teachers and staff. They have always gone out of their way to make sure that we get all the help we need. Montebello staff goes above and beyond. My goal as a parent is to have my two boys graduate from Montebello School. Thank you for being their for my family.

Montebello School 4

Posted October 18, 2007
I was a student a couple of years ago and I really liked the way they helped me. The school counselors are nice.

Montebello School 2

Posted May 06, 2006
Under the new principal I have noticed that the teachers are less involved and caring. The gang activity and daily theats that my child receives at school have made it so we are looking to move to a new school district. The teachers are motivated and caring in the lower grades. By the sixth grade it is hard to find a teacher that will work with parents, especially if your child is smarter than average or has ADD. They are ill equipt to handle anything outside of mid-level. Communication between the teacher, principal and parents is pitiful. The school relies on the student to communicate with the parent instead of notifing them directly. I am exstemely dissapointed with this school.

Montebello School 3

Posted August 07, 2005

Montebello School
5725 N 27th Avenue, Phoenix, AZ  85017
(602) 336-2000
Last modified Montebello School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Montebello School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top