Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Posted April 22, 2016
My son has blossomed over this school year. He is about to Graduate K! So grateful to have found THIS school. Our Director Pat Freeman is so kind, compassionate, accomidating and firm when needed. Our teacher Ms Dawn is unbelievable, my boy loves her so much and has proposed marriage when he's 18! Our secretary for lack of a better title Ms Heidi is so sweet. He loves to go to the office to visit and apparently a bit too much since he told me he can only go in there before or after school not during the time he is supposed to do HIS WORKS, unless he needs his medication. The fact that everyone is close is such a wonderful thing, we are all on the same page. My boy is so proud of his accomplishments and is thriving. There is nothing negative to say. I know there are many schools to choose from and am so happy that with some research about charter schools that I stumbled across Montessori Day School! If your child comes to this school and you are involved there is no way to have a negative outcome. Should we move he will remain a student here. This week he was able to meet his 1st grade teacher. All the children do before moving on, that's amazing. I believe that when he starts 1st he will be more than ready and comfortable knowing what to expect. He even knows who his "buddy" is for next year and is excited not stressed. I hope that this short comment will help with choosing the right school, too. It's so much better than others have, talking to my family and friends. I talk to Ms Dawn almost daily if not in person via Email. I'm so proud we made this OUR school. Thanks

Posted April 22, 2016
My son has attended this school for 3 years and he loves it! I love it too! They keep the parents very involved and I feel my son is learning a great deal of book education as well as practical life! I would Definitely recommend sending your child to this school!

Posted May 05, 2014
My daughter has attended Montessori Day School - Mountainside for 5 years. We love this school! The schools co-founders, Peg & Ed Huffman, have enacted their vision of a harmonious and industrious educational experience. The school director, Pat Freeman, is fabulous. She has her finger on the pulse of the school and works tirelessly for the welfare of her students. When we considered other schools, we could barely get any time with their teaching staff let alone their director. Pat's ability as a director and her openness as a human being were key in our decision. The teachers are uniformly committed to providing their students with the best education. And they and the administrative staff do so with great heart. You may find schools that have more resources (with the active extra-curricular program here, we've never had an issue). But you will never find a school that achieves so much academically with so much heart, soul, and warmth for the children. Visit the campus and you'll feel it immediately for yourself. Terrific school, great vision, a genuine sense of mission and purpose, highly-qualified and committed staff, and a director and co-founders who have realized a dream.

Posted April 04, 2014
We picked Montessori Day School for our children precisely because it is first and foremost focused on meeting the educational needs of children, and it provides an extraordinary value in education and social interaction. The mission of the school is reflected in every facet and feature of its programs, and is evidenced by direct observation of its daily operation. This means that the needs of the children come first, as determined by partnership between experienced and dedicated educators and the children themselves who understand those needs. The children in the school benefit from learning a framework to build their own self discipline. This school uses the Responsible Thinking Process to provide a framework for children to discipline themselves, not only in learning but also in behavior. The parents are an integral part of the school. Sending children to this school provides an opportunity to participate in school programs, events, and even operations. We are proud to be associated with this school, the realization of the vision of many talented and committed professional educators and others who wanted the best for their children.

Posted November 25, 2013
My 5 yr old daughter is thriving at Montessori Day School and I couldn't be happier with the experience. Just meet the director Pat Freeman and she will tell you the history of how this school came about and the direction it is going. It is truly a unique school and such a blessing to be of charter as well. My daughters teachers, Ms. Romana and Ms. Tomasa know how to teach by letting the children "think for themselves" all the while creating a safe and respectful learning environment where children can feel safe and happy to be in the classroom together. I believe this is why my daughter is learning so much in the short time she has been there. She has just begun kindergarten and has already learned things that are not typically taught Until 8th grade! The learning environment and parent involvement are what I like best about this school. I plan on sending all three of my children through this school. Currently I drive almost 2hrs back and forth to school, but I am not the only parent doing so. I know of two other families who have done the same.

Posted October 24, 2013
Great school awesome office staff, teachers and maintence. A family frendly environment.Its a must see.

Posted October 24, 2013
This is an excellent school. With very involved parents and teachers it makes my child's learning experience wonderful.

Posted October 08, 2013
I love the Montessori approach to education and my daughter absolutely loves going to school here.

Posted September 23, 2013
Montessori Day has been graded "A" by the Arizona Department of Education for the past two years because of the high progress of its students and the school's attention to meeting all requirements. What great teams to work with, at both campuses! Parents included!

Posted September 23, 2013
Both my children attended this school. It is a great school with wonderful, and caring teachers who take the time to communicate with parents, and address the students needs. Administration is kind and understanding and on top of any issues that may arise. The education my children received from Montessori is priceless.

Montessori Day Public Schools Chartered - Mountain
9215 North 14th St, Phoenix, AZ  85020
Last modified Montessori Day Public Schools Chartered - Mountain is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.