Public charter
Phoenix, AZ

Posted May 05, 2014
My daughter has attended Montessori Day School - Mountainside for 5 years. We love this school! The schools co-founders, Peg & Ed Huffman, have enacted their vision of a harmonious and industrious educational experience. The school director, Pat Freeman, is fabulous. She has her finger on the pulse of the school and works tirelessly for the welfare of her students. When we considered other schools, we could barely get any time with their teaching staff let alone their director. Pat's ability as a director and her openness as a human being were key in our decision. The teachers are uniformly committed to providing their students with the best education. And they and the administrative staff do so with great heart. You may find schools that have more resources (with the active extra-curricular program here, we've never had an issue). But you will never find a school that achieves so much academically with so much heart, soul, and warmth for the children. Visit the campus and you'll feel it immediately for yourself. Terrific school, great vision, a genuine sense of mission and purpose, highly-qualified and committed staff, and a director and co-founders who have realized a dream.

Posted April 04, 2014
We picked Montessori Day School for our children precisely because it is first and foremost focused on meeting the educational needs of children, and it provides an extraordinary value in education and social interaction. The mission of the school is reflected in every facet and feature of its programs, and is evidenced by direct observation of its daily operation. This means that the needs of the children come first, as determined by partnership between experienced and dedicated educators and the children themselves who understand those needs. The children in the school benefit from learning a framework to build their own self discipline. This school uses the Responsible Thinking Process to provide a framework for children to discipline themselves, not only in learning but also in behavior. The parents are an integral part of the school. Sending children to this school provides an opportunity to participate in school programs, events, and even operations. We are proud to be associated with this school, the realization of the vision of many talented and committed professional educators and others who wanted the best for their children.

Posted November 25, 2013
My 5 yr old daughter is thriving at Montessori Day School and I couldn't be happier with the experience. Just meet the director Pat Freeman and she will tell you the history of how this school came about and the direction it is going. It is truly a unique school and such a blessing to be of charter as well. My daughters teachers, Ms. Romana and Ms. Tomasa know how to teach by letting the children "think for themselves" all the while creating a safe and respectful learning environment where children can feel safe and happy to be in the classroom together. I believe this is why my daughter is learning so much in the short time she has been there. She has just begun kindergarten and has already learned things that are not typically taught Until 8th grade! The learning environment and parent involvement are what I like best about this school. I plan on sending all three of my children through this school. Currently I drive almost 2hrs back and forth to school, but I am not the only parent doing so. I know of two other families who have done the same.

Posted October 24, 2013
Great school awesome office staff, teachers and maintence. A family frendly environment.Its a must see.

Posted October 24, 2013
This is an excellent school. With very involved parents and teachers it makes my child's learning experience wonderful.

Posted October 08, 2013
I love the Montessori approach to education and my daughter absolutely loves going to school here.

Posted September 23, 2013
Montessori Day has been graded "A" by the Arizona Department of Education for the past two years because of the high progress of its students and the school's attention to meeting all requirements. What great teams to work with, at both campuses! Parents included!

Posted September 23, 2013
Both my children attended this school. It is a great school with wonderful, and caring teachers who take the time to communicate with parents, and address the students needs. Administration is kind and understanding and on top of any issues that may arise. The education my children received from Montessori is priceless.

Posted September 17, 2013
The school is dedicated to the students' success and the teachers are phenomenal and friendly. The Montessori approach is fantastic!!

Posted September 17, 2013
My daughter has been going to school here for four years and my son has just started Kindergarten. We have had experience before in a great public school close by, but I prefer Mountainside because it is a small school which allows for personal interaction and a great community atmosphere. I have read some of the other negative reviews, and I have to admit that there are definitely children who would not thrive in a Montessori environment. But overall, I think that it offers an individualized program and freedom for a child to go at their own pace, which my gifted daughter has benefited from greatly. Also, having worked as a teacher in public education I know that there will always be some conflicts between parents and school staff, and because of its small size any problem at MDS may proportionally seem large. All of my own dealings with the administration at Mountainside has been positive, and they have addressed any issues I had in an open and proactive manner. Every teacher I have worked with has also been very dedicated. Each school has pros and cons, but I would greatly recommend MDS for an education that will prepare a child for the real world.

Montessori Day Public Schools Chartered - Mountain
9215 N. 14th Street, Phoenix, AZ  85020
Last modified Montessori Day Public Schools Chartered - Mountain is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Montessori Day Public Schools Chartered - Mountain Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 62 reviews. Top