Bradshaw Mountain High School

Public | 9-12 | 1704 students

Sweep tile

Posted August 14, 2013

This school is the worst of schools they suspend there kids for no reason the teachers try to make there students do every liltel non school related things and there dress code dosent make sence u can't wear Arizona stuff when were in Az and won't let u wear tanktops for any reason they have some disrespectful staff and they have a school resource officer that will try to take u to jail for every lil thing and he thinks he's a tough guy because he's a cop

Posted May 31, 2012

We moved here from a VERY small school in Michigan. It was difficult for my kids at first. However, the other kids quickly befriended them and made them feel welcome. The band is TOP NOTCH! The drama club is AWESOME! This school does not focus on athletes like many schools do. They have so many more opportunities! My one gripe would be with the amount of drinking and drugs so readily available on the school campus. Students showing up drunk and high on a daily basis.

Posted September 22, 2011

I have two boys who go to Bradshaw Mountain. They love the school and the atmosphere. They always speak highly of their teachers and administration. They actually talk about the school spirit and how they feel safe at school

Posted September 13, 2011

Bradshaw Mountain offers so many things to the students of our community, while keeping that small town relationship among the staff and students. While no school is perfect, I would say that they make a great effort to provide excellent choices in education, firm student behavior and great school spirit!

Posted February 8, 2011

I am a parent of a tenth grader transferring to Bradshaw Mountain High School from a school back east (New Jersey) . While I have read mixed reviews on this school, most of them written over 6 years ago, I must say that everyone of the personnel I have spoken with on the phone to gather information for our transfer have been more than kind and most helpful. My daughter has searched the schools web sight and promo video and is very excited about her new school. As with most educational experiences ...you only get out of it ..what your willing to put into it. I am looking forward to our daughters experience at Bradshaw Mountain High.

Posted March 20, 2008

I'm a 10th grader at Bradshaw and even know I've a lot of bad thing in the past about my Beautiful school a lot has changed.We offer a lot more activities, such as sports, plays, and extra credit activities.We have awesome teachers with challenging cource(ap classes). Most people are friendly and the staff cares for the students.Counselors are always there helping students plan our future.The only downfall in the school is that we don't get a lot of support from the school Board.Other then that one down fall we really do have a great school,We even have MTV's Made at our school 'making' one of our students.So overall Bradshaw Mountain High School is a great School with many Opportunities.

Posted December 19, 2006

Bradshaw Mountain High School is in my opinion the best school in the area, it has had some rough years but this year has shown a great improvement. The academic programs have grown, and it now offers in school free college classes, which give transferrable college credits. The school band is by far the best in the state and was rating superior. The councelours are understanding a polite, and help each student as much as possible on getting a head start on life. Bradshaw Mountain High School is improving and look forward to the great improvements

Posted June 19, 2006

East campus Freshman only. Small population of only 445 students, yet students not under control. Students missed out on experiences with older students and activites on the main campus. Our experience with this school was not pleasant for our child who is a good student.

Posted May 7, 2006

What about something like this in light of student community involvement? 'A California high school that's participating in the ARRL Education and Technology Program (ETP--also known as 'The Big Project') will offer a year-long elective course, 'Radio Amateurs and Disaster Operations' (RADIO), starting this fall. Moorpark High School math and meteorology teacher Tom Baker, NC6B, says the course is the first of its kind anywhere in the US. The class curriculum was created in conjunction with the ARRL, the American Red Cross and various County agencies. 'We are very excited about this program,' said Baker of the RADIO course. He has offered to help other schools in the US to establish RADIO curricula. Contact Baker (805-378-6305) for more information or visit the RADIO page on the school's Department of Meteorology Web site http://www.mhsweather.org/pages/10/index.htm'.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted January 28, 2006

the academic programs here are good, but there is a problem with discrimination, not only by students, but also by teachers. activities are only given to the elite and other children are outcasted. parent's involvement in the school is limited to disciplinary action, unless, of course, they are overachieving parents living through their children.

Posted October 22, 2005

I attended this school from 9-12th grade. The atmosphere is nice, teachers ok, extracurricular activities ok, but not much support from the School Board. Also, this is a small town.. everyone knows your business. Since there is not very much to do, most teenagers party and those who you least expect do drugs and drink alcohol. You just have to be very cautious of your child and know what is going on at all times.

Posted March 30, 2005

This school is a good school it is still young and has alot to offer. The music and sports at this school are the best I have seen and there is alot of parent involvent.

Posted August 11, 2004

I'm a student not a parent, but I love my school. The football coaches are awsome, and I've heard the others are good, too. Thanks to all my teachers and friends.

Posted June 10, 2004

This school when I once attended, was in bad shape. There was alot of disrimination, and teachers were not as kind to others as only to some. Kids ended up dropping out and the principle didnt really seem to care.

Posted June 10, 2004

This school was a small town school with not to be expected. The academic level was low. They had some e.c. activities. Kids didnt get the attention they really needed.

Posted May 18, 2004

I am highly disappointed in the administrators in this school...when my son was in jeopordy of not graduating, not one of the so called personel would help. Nor could I get my questions answered. They are good at placing blame but not stepping up to the plate on their own procrastination and mistakes. I'm glad that I have the mouth that I have otherwise my son would have been another student not to receive his dipolma from Bradshaw Mountain High School! But I would like to thank everyone of you teachers who are there to ensure each child in your class succeeds! Tammy Horne

Posted April 18, 2004

I'm not a parent, I'm a student, but I must say that I love Bradshaw and I wouldn't switch schools if I had to. Although it does have some downfalls, most of the teachers are passionate and willing to help. There are clubs to help you cultivate all of your intrets, including a juggling team, and a mock trial team among others. The Drama program is amazing, and although I am not a member of any sports, I hear the coaching is excellent. In short, I have learned so much about life along with scholastics in this school, and even with its rough edges, it is an amazing school.

Posted April 8, 2004

Good school, caring teachers...many more opportunities than nearby Prescott. Beautiful campus.

Posted April 29, 2003

I am extremely disappointed in this school. The class sizes are unacceptable, the teachers are apathetic and the administration is unchallenging and underqualified. The district is is the red, thus our students, those most important, suffer. The athletics are a joke, these kids are lucky they do not get hurt! We have been in this district for 5 years and we have decided in order for our children to be safe and receive a good education, we must place our home up for sale and leave. Don't send your children to school here, you will regret it!

Posted March 31, 2003

Bradshaw Mountain High School is perhaps the best school ever!

Math

The state average for Math was 62% in 2013.

414 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 83% in 2013.

417 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 70% in 2013.

406 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % meets or exceeds

Source: Arizona Department of Education

• In 2010-2011, this school was designated "Highly Performing".
  • In 2009-2010, this school was designated "Highly Performing".
  • In 2008-2009, this school was designated "Performing Plus".

Source: Arizona Department of Education

Asian 1% 3%
Source: NCES, 2010-2011

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 47%N/A46%
Source: NCES, 2010-2011

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

6000 Longlook Rd.