Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Very bad bullying at this school! Especially since staff have children attending this school, those students of the staff members do not get punished! One particular child goes around assaulting other students, has even hospitalized another student and only received a half day of suspension! Absolutely sickening!

My daughter has gone here since the second grade, she will be entering the fourth grade next year, and we could not be happier with the staff. the teachers she has had are amazing, and she has thrived. She is consistently challenged and the teachers make sure she reaches her full potential.

The best k-8 school I have ever seen. Not only do they have a wonderful core learning system but the music and arts programs are one of the best in the area. This year the school band has been invited to perform at Disney a invitation that has only been given to high school's in the past.

Yikes. Huge majority of kids insulted with draconian discipline techniques. Most teachers don't take the time to care. We are not talking inner city difficult job....but most of the jr high teachers need to find new careers perhaps in fields away from adolescents. K-5 not bad. 6-8run as fast as you can to another option.

My daughter is in first grade at Franklin and I couldn't imagine putting or moving her to another school. They just started hot lunches which is a huge help and tops how amazing Franklin is. The after school programs are awesome she is actually learning twirling and will be in two parades.

I have had 3 children graduate from this school into high school and now have my last 2 children currently in the 8th grade. I love this school. the student teacher ratio is great and my children have all learned a lot. The arts programs are also excellent, all my children participated in band, choir and drama. I would recommend this school to any parent.

I am a staff child at this school and I have learned a few things about the school that most students don't know. We got a grant from the government a few weeks ago to start up another school in Phoenix. Now for the good things, we do have a small school, But on the other hand we get responsible supervision. There are many non-core classes that you can take. Like Woodshop, the shop teacher is an amazing guy. Some bad things about the school are we dont have a salad bar or anything like that, but we do serve PB&J's on Mondays. We have Culver's on Tuesday, pizza on Wednesdays, and chili bowls on thursdays. We have half days on Fridays and we have an amazing adminstator!

Handled threat of school shooting poorly. Sent flyers home on day of look down, when they could have told some parents at midday pickup, giving parents the chance to take older children home. Seemed they just wanted to sweep a possible shooting under the rug.

I love Franklin. For me, my son being able to attend this school is the only thing I like about living in Prescott Valley. My family relocated from Mesa three and a half years ago. My son attended two other schools before I found Franklin. What a relief. He is able to be involved with band and sports. The music program and their dedicated teachers are amazing. With such small class sizes the kids are monitored well. I have always had great communication with the teachers, staff, and principals. I am disappointed with the negative comments I have read. Get up and make your children lunch. It is no big deal that their are no hot lunches served. Occasionally there will be pizza and hot dog days to break the monotony, which is a lot of fun for the kids. Don't let the small space fool you. There is more heart and dedication here then anywhere else in PV. There are so many after school activities to choose from that are FREE! I would highly recommend taking a tour and getting to know Franklin. Best school in the Tri City area.

Based on the dates of the negative comments left from dissatisfied parents, I could tell you who each and every one of them is; and further tell you that their criticism is absolutely invalid. The only reason kids have difficulty at Franklin is because of their parents: you will not find a more dedicated and harder-working staff anywhere in the Prescott area. What you will find, however, are parents bringing their kids to school without bothering to teach them anything about respect or proper behavior, then being disrespectful and/or abusive to staff who try to enforce simple, fair rules designed to preserve the learning environment. Every one of those comments were left by parents who failed to parent, and had nothing to do with the teachers or staff at Franklin. Excellent school, Excellent arts, Excellent teachers, Excellent Learning environment, Excellent Special Education Services. I have a child who goes there, and they love it. Highly recommended :)

Last modified Franklin Phonetic Primary School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.