Public charter
Prescott Valley, AZ

Posted November 25, 2014
My daughter is in first grade at Franklin and I couldn't imagine putting or moving her to another school. They just started hot lunches which is a huge help and tops how amazing Franklin is. The after school programs are awesome she is actually learning twirling and will be in two parades.

Posted August 07, 2014
I have had 3 children graduate from this school into high school and now have my last 2 children currently in the 8th grade. I love this school. the student teacher ratio is great and my children have all learned a lot. The arts programs are also excellent, all my children participated in band, choir and drama. I would recommend this school to any parent.

Franklin Phonetic Primary School 4

Posted April 20, 2014
I am a staff child at this school and I have learned a few things about the school that most students don't know. We got a grant from the government a few weeks ago to start up another school in Phoenix. Now for the good things, we do have a small school, But on the other hand we get responsible supervision. There are many non-core classes that you can take. Like Woodshop, the shop teacher is an amazing guy. Some bad things about the school are we dont have a salad bar or anything like that, but we do serve PB&J's on Mondays. We have Culver's on Tuesday, pizza on Wednesdays, and chili bowls on thursdays. We have half days on Fridays and we have an amazing adminstator!

Posted February 13, 2011
I love Franklin. For me, my son being able to attend this school is the only thing I like about living in Prescott Valley. My family relocated from Mesa three and a half years ago. My son attended two other schools before I found Franklin. What a relief. He is able to be involved with band and sports. The music program and their dedicated teachers are amazing. With such small class sizes the kids are monitored well. I have always had great communication with the teachers, staff, and principals. I am disappointed with the negative comments I have read. Get up and make your children lunch. It is no big deal that their are no hot lunches served. Occasionally there will be pizza and hot dog days to break the monotony, which is a lot of fun for the kids. Don't let the small space fool you. There is more heart and dedication here then anywhere else in PV. There are so many after school activities to choose from that are FREE! I would highly recommend taking a tour and getting to know Franklin. Best school in the Tri City area.

Posted February 10, 2011
Based on the dates of the negative comments left from dissatisfied parents, I could tell you who each and every one of them is; and further tell you that their criticism is absolutely invalid. The only reason kids have difficulty at Franklin is because of their parents: you will not find a more dedicated and harder-working staff anywhere in the Prescott area. What you will find, however, are parents bringing their kids to school without bothering to teach them anything about respect or proper behavior, then being disrespectful and/or abusive to staff who try to enforce simple, fair rules designed to preserve the learning environment. Every one of those comments were left by parents who failed to parent, and had nothing to do with the teachers or staff at Franklin. Excellent school, Excellent arts, Excellent teachers, Excellent Learning environment, Excellent Special Education Services. I have a child who goes there, and they love it. Highly recommended :)

Franklin Phonetic Primary School 3

Posted October 08, 2010
Four of my grandkids attended this school; two didVERY well, because they were "model" robot students. The other two had issues which most of the school's employees WOULD not deal or empathize with, causing the children to be unnecessarily punished because they were not robotic. Too much favoritism shown to the exceptional students.

Posted May 26, 2010
I had a 5th grader attend Franklin... This school does NOT have much to offer. The teachers are overly strict, and like another person mentioned here, your child has to be a robot to be considered well behaved. Heaven forbid your child have a fun personality! Not to mention there is no grass areas for playing at recess, and NO hot lunches prepared daily. Way too much homework, it rules your life with this school! My child repeatedly asked to change to a different school, and the staff is not fair in disciplining the kids, they don't get the whole story. And sports? HA! What a joke.

Posted May 06, 2010
This is the best school my child has ever gone to. The teachers are so helpful and willing to do whatever it takes to help the students succeed. They offer so many different programs for the students to get involved in. While other schools are doing away with art and music this school keeps growing and improving their programs. They have artist in residences who come in to work with the kids on different projects. They have several different levels of band and choirs. Their theater program is amazing! They just put on this great grammar play created by one of the staff members that was hilarious. They even have sports teams that apparently have gotten trophies. On top of this their afterschool program is helpful and fun for the students. I love this school and would recommend it to any parent out there.

Posted April 30, 2010
While we had a great experience with our child in Kindergarten at this school, we have had some problems with our child in the 1st grade. We have found the teacher and school to be unresponsive in dealing with our concerns with our child's learning environment. We have had problems with excessive punishments for petty behavior problems. When we approached the teacher and principal, we were dismissed as overly sensitive and lax in our own behavior modification. Unfortunately, this conduct by the school and the defensive, standoffish way that they have responded to our concerns has caused us to consider placing our children in a different school. Our children deserve an environment that challenges them academically while nurturing emotional growth. We don't allow our children to misbehave at home, and we don't expect the school to tolerate inappropriate behavior in the classroom, but humiliation and degradation is not an effective tool.

Posted April 30, 2010
Selling candy (daily) to children in the lunch room to raise money? Shame on them.

Franklin Phonetic Primary School
6116 E. Highway 69, Prescott Valley, AZ  86314
Last modified Franklin Phonetic Primary School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Franklin Phonetic Primary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top