Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted January 09, 2016
Great school, wonderful educators. Most of these teachers could easily be found in expensive private schools. My kids have flourished at this school!!

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted September 11, 2015
Love love love the teachers! Amazing and some have even been teacher of the year!

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted September 11, 2015
My opinion is first graders shouldn't have hours and hours of homework. I am so happy with the structure and homework policy at lake valley.

Posted September 11, 2015
Great teachers and amazing school! Couldn't be more proud to go here!! The front office staff is friendly and truly cares. The teachers go out of their way to be genuinely good teachers with caring hearts. I love it here!

Lake Valley Elementary School 2

Posted March 22, 2014
I have a friend with a child at this school. They are a year behind in Math in the lower grades and are teaching third grade math in the fourth grade. The AIMS math test has questions on things they have not even been taught according to the teachers so how can they possibly pass this exam? They are also teaching a type of multiplication that they won't even use in later grades called lattice which confuses the kids. No wonder this school is rated lower than other schools. Other schools also use Spalding phonics which is more advanced for language arts.

Posted August 21, 2013
I have to say that my son LOVES this school! He actually WANTS to go to school! That fact alone says a lot about the school because academics are very difficult for him! Yet, he enjoys his teacher, the classroom activities and new friends. Overall, the staff is kind, welcoming, and nuturing! I could not be happier about our choice to send him to Lake Valley Elementary!

Posted August 02, 2013
Confessions of a teacher.... I will admit that I am a teacher at Lake Valley, but don't assume this information is entirely biased. I finished student teaching in December and applied for a job at Lake Valley in June. Lake Valley was my first choice of schools for several reasons. Everyone from the superintendent to the maintenance folks are there for one reason- to make sure these kids get the best we can give them. The principal is down to earth and REALLY cares about each individual student. No school is perfect, and we may not have as much funding as other schools, but we are a family and we work together to make Lake Valley a great school. Teachers (including myself) spend a lot of extra time at the school and we have professional development meetings every week. When someone has a great idea, it is shared with the whole staff, so that we can emulate that person and learn from them. WE DO CARE about our students and our parents. We do the best we can to communicate with every parent and we want children to do the best they can. We've been told many times at meetings (and we do agree) that our job is to help a child grow from whatever level they are at.

Posted August 02, 2013
I have worked for Lake Valley for over 2 years and it has been an extremely good experience. The principal is very caring with the staff and has high expectations for us. We are held to high standards and this is for the best interests of all the children who attend. All of the teachers go out of their way to make a safe, academically focused class for each child. We are always getting professional developments to become the best we can be. I cannot say enough positive about this school!

Lake Valley Elementary School 1

Posted August 17, 2011
Staff is rude and can't seem to work with me. They are not teaching her enough and setting her back in some ways.I have seen children walking alone in lines...where are their teachers? no extreme hair fashions?does this mean no mohawks? I don't believe it's any of their business.They have said my child needs to stand in a public hallway and wait for her teacher. She is standing there unattended!!! Shes only 5.The teacher wont release my child until she sees my face.....why should i release my child without seeing her face???

Lake Valley Elementary School 1

Posted May 19, 2010
This was my daughters second year at this school and I held on just for her this whole school year. In my opinion the staff is not that caring and some rude. Academics did not seem to be highly regarded here or did the children's attire or language.I do not feel parents were welcome anytime at school and I personally only had one parent teacher conference this year.Last year was a different story because of just one teacher but the staff still was not very welcoming.Very displeased with this school!

3900 N. Starlight Drive, Prescott Valley, AZ  86314
Last modified Lake Valley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.