Liberty Traditional School

Public | PK-8

Posted January 26, 2014

Liberty does have programs to help with reading and speech delay but that is where the help stops. The school wants every child to learn the same way and does not like to test or help with any other learning or attention issues. My son was lucky enough to get a wonderful teacher this year who has been helping as much as possible and pushing for him to be tested so they can help him. Unfortunately it seems to be a battle to get the school to agree to test him. We are still waiting.

Posted December 11, 2013

I have had three children at this school. One child especially needed help with reading. I had suspected that she had some type of learning disability regarding reading. I had approached this school several times asking for help. Unfortunately this school let this child fall through cracks, wouldn't address issues and basically didn't address issues. The entire first half of school year this child's teacher was more focused on training her student teacher as opposed to focusing on the child. The child was given reading material 3+ years ahead of academic school year and was expected to test on material. I am extremely disappointed with this school. If your child is on honor roll, excellent! However, if a child needs extra help... do not trust this school!

Posted July 24, 2013

My children have attended Liberty since Kindergarten, and this year my oldest child will be in 7th grade. The school consistently focuses on high academic achievement and striving to improve. While some individual experiences have been negative, the overall experience in our 7 years with this school have been wonderful! My one frustration: class sizes have been continually raising, making the service of individual student needs challenging. Last year my 5th grader had a class of 32, and my 3rd grader a class of 30 with no full time aide to assist the teacher.

Posted April 22, 2013

After just one year of my child being at liberty in 1st grade I am very dissapointed the teacher spends very little time helping the studdents understand the consepts she is basicly there to hand out papers and collect them. Believe me there are plenty to hand out as nothing is hands on learning just paper work. My son spends at least 2 hours doing home work every night but they do not get any credit for doing it in fact they dont get credit for doing alot of there work just what the teacher choses to grade. The teacher has been telling him sense winter break that he is going to be held back. The teacher has made him believe that he can not succeed. My son has come out crying many times from being bullied and beat up by another student and when I confronted the teacher she told me that the students know to run the other dirrection when they see him. After a few more times I took him into the office when he came out crying because this other student had kicked him. The lady automaticly knew who the other studdent was because of previous problems with the studdent bullieing other students, yet nothing has happened they just keep making excuses for the other student .

Posted November 18, 2012

All three of my children have been at Liberty for 5+ years and we wouldn't want them anywhere else. They all have completely different learning styles and Liberty's teachers have been exceptional. The teachers communicate well with each other and we are very pleased with the high academic standards.

Posted July 31, 2012

I was extremely disappointed in this school for many reasons. The Principal was very ineffective. He never responded to calls I left for him regarding situations with my daughter. The teachers seemed to care little about educating, rarely grading assignments or helping when there were things that she did not grasp. They even sent home information sheets for assignments or field trips that were filled with typos and grammatical errors. The emphasis seemed not to be on providing a good education but more so on handing out BIP's (behavioral improvement papers) or referrals. Most of these were regarding dress code infractions. It was so extreme that she got a referral because her jacket was not the exact shade of red required by their standards. When I objected to this I was told that it had to be Crayola Red. So, I then carried a crayon when shopping for school clothes! Electives are not electives when they are assigned without choice. The electives offered are also ridiculous...Science Enrichment, Note Taking, Math Enhancement and absolutely no Arts or creative electives. Also, PE is not a requirement. The School was a former prison and that is how it looks and feels. Do not go here

Posted May 17, 2012

Our family loves Liberty. It is a great school with great leadership. My children look forward to going to school and have developed great friendships. Liberty's principal is stable and sets high standards for the students of the school. This is a school that also encourages family involvement.

Posted January 17, 2012

I would STRONGLY caution parents new to the area from sending their children to this school. We recently moved and after less than 3 weeks class time, I received a notice in the mail that my son is in danger of being held back without ever receiving outreach from the school via a phone call or a meeting request that doesn't become part of his perm record! This is after a stressful move and right in the middle of the holidays. Hes been out of school due to breaks and holidays more than hes been in class.Very insensitive in my opinion and he is 13...already feeling out of place. I'm all about grades, but when teachers fail to pick up a phone and start slipping pieces of paper into children's permanent records after 3 weeks when they are brand new and at the awkward teenage stage, after a move and during the holidays... WE are failing! There is no compassion at this school, you are up to par or you're not and you don't get a chance to explain. He got nothing less than a C at his last school, I read the reviews and went with LTS. BIG mistake, there are many schools to choose from in the area. I'll be considering these options while I await the meeting - which isnt until next week.

Posted November 6, 2011

LTS has a challenging academic curriculum and offers choir and sports among other options. The faculty truly care about each students' success and provide individual attention as needed. LTS is an excellent school.

Posted November 2, 2011

My kids currently go to school at Liberty. The curriculm seems to be right on and they are focused on education and strive for students to accept more than average. I don't like the very strict uniform policy. I understand the concept but it is over the top if a kid has a tiny emplem on their shirt (i.e. a Nike swoosh, osh kosh, etc.) My son accidently wore jean shorts one day and they made him change them immediatly into a school owned pair of khaki shorts. I understand not having pockets all over pants in reagrds to school safety, but a pair of carpenter pants are not allowed. The grading scale is different than most, you can't receive an "A" unless you earn a 94% or higher, "B" is an 86% or higher, etc. Kids are not allowed to enter the classroom with a jacket that isn't solid red, white, or blue. It's a little too conservative, but they also keep structure so pick your poison I suppose. Some teachers are amazing (Ms. Corradi) and some (Ms. Crisp) have zero patience for kindergatners who are still trying to adjust to structure and disciplines. She is better suited for high school and will not be patient with kids perhaps slower learning things. Needs more arts and sports there.

Posted April 19, 2011

A great school. I tutor students from many schools but always enjoy kids from this school which seems more concerned with a good education than most other typical schools. The last poster seems a bit too concerned about their child being "stressed out" over grades and discipline. It used to be in our generation that we were all stressed out by that but we learned something in school. This attitude, all too common these days, is one of the reasons for a high (30% in some places) high school dropout rate and why states have had to lower academic standards. The idea of recognizing kids for trying but not for success is very poor preparation for adult jobs. Companies are now getting stuck with younger employees (as opposed to the older generations) who expect rewards, raises and promotions whether or not they perform well on the job. Result: many are disciplined at work or just terminated.

Posted July 19, 2010

After two years at Liberty we are choosing to leave. It does have a great program, but my son was a little more stressed out over grades and trying to stay out of trouble than a good natured, 6-year-old should. We felt like praise was given more for getting 100% on tests, than just trying your best and striving for self-improvement. We also felt that giving out weighted grades was a bit intense and intimidating for an elementary student. It is a good school, just not for us.

Posted November 18, 2009

My children have attended Liberty for four years. Over that time the campus has gon through many changes, however the excellent education has not changed. With growth this campus has evolved into a well rounded and beautiful experience for my daughters. I have both a high learner and a lower learner and both have grown in this school with teachers who truely care, on a campus small enough where they did not get lost. Thank you Liberty!

Posted September 3, 2009

I went to this school 6-8th grade, and im not saying I dont like just cause, the teachers are good, but the dress code is so strict, you accidently have your shirt hanging out even a bit and they write you what they call a bip, I am now a sophmore in high school, and if you want your child dissiplined than ok, but if not do not go here
—Submitted by a student

Posted July 28, 2009

I feel that Liberty Traditional School is a great school. My son enjoy going and has learned so much. I have recommended to all my family.

Posted January 10, 2008

My daughter is now in second grade and I am extremely happy with the school. The levels of academic integrity and parental involvement are outstanding!

Posted July 5, 2007

Liberty has been an excellent school for my children. The staff is caring and professional. The dress code is fair and modest. Academic standards are exceptional. Parents are supported and encouraged to be involved. I won't have them at any other school in the district.

Posted May 30, 2007

My child has gone to Liberty since Kindergarten, and has just now completed the 7th grade. I believe Liberty is an excellent school. In an era where academics and achievement often take a back seat to movies, field trips and assemblies, Liberty protects the academic time of the child to optimize learning at the critical young ages. That is not to say that other important skills are not emphasized. Music and band are well taught, a fine computer lab is utilized by all students, and art is also part of the curriculum. The middle school is little known, but of high quality, with various well rounded electives available. Parents are always welcomed and encouraged to participate at all levels, including a very active PTO/site council, and communication is stressed between parent and teacher. All of this is pulled together by a dedicated staff led by a caring and professional principal.

Posted May 22, 2007

Our daughter began kindergarten this year and it has been a wonderful start to her school years. She loves LTS as do we. The Principal, Teachers & Staff are Wonderful...We couldn't be happier. We like the uniforms as they are quick, easy & all kids are egual. We love the 'Six Pillars of Character' something more people should follow. I volunteer and really enjoy doing so. LTS is Great and we are have been very happy this year.

Posted March 24, 2007

Liberty is an incredible school. My children have only been in private schools until this year and I have been impressed time after time. Academics are high, moral and ethical standards are excellent and the care and concern my children receive from their teachers and other staff is exceptional. I would highly recommend Liberty to any parent who not only wants a solid education for their child but also looks for opportunities to be involved in their child's life. Liberty supports the entire family unit and in this day and age families need all the encouragement they can get.

Math

The state average for Math was 69% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 75% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

79 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 77% in 2013.

79 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 79% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 56% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2013.

74 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 79% in 2013.

74 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2013.

73 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 85% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 52% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 58% in 2013.

54 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 72% in 2013.

54 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Source: Arizona Department of Education

• In 2010-2011, this school was designated "Highly Performing".
  • In 2009-2010, this school was designated "Highly Performing".
  • In 2008-2009, this school was designated "Highly Performing".

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 1% 3%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 53%N/A47%

Fax number
  • (928) 759-4520

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Targeted Assistance program (TAS)

Apply now