Prescott Valley, AZ

Posted December 11, 2013
I have had three children at this school. One child especially needed help with reading. I had suspected that she had some type of learning disability regarding reading. I had approached this school several times asking for help. Unfortunately this school let this child fall through cracks, wouldn't address issues and basically didn't address issues. The entire first half of school year this child's teacher was more focused on training her student teacher as opposed to focusing on the child. The child was given reading material 3+ years ahead of academic school year and was expected to test on material. I am extremely disappointed with this school. If your child is on honor roll, excellent! However, if a child needs extra help... do not trust this school!

Liberty Traditional School 4

Posted July 24, 2013
My children have attended Liberty since Kindergarten, and this year my oldest child will be in 7th grade. The school consistently focuses on high academic achievement and striving to improve. While some individual experiences have been negative, the overall experience in our 7 years with this school have been wonderful! My one frustration: class sizes have been continually raising, making the service of individual student needs challenging. Last year my 5th grader had a class of 32, and my 3rd grader a class of 30 with no full time aide to assist the teacher.

Posted April 22, 2013
After just one year of my child being at liberty in 1st grade I am very dissapointed the teacher spends very little time helping the studdents understand the consepts she is basicly there to hand out papers and collect them. Believe me there are plenty to hand out as nothing is hands on learning just paper work. My son spends at least 2 hours doing home work every night but they do not get any credit for doing it in fact they dont get credit for doing alot of there work just what the teacher choses to grade. The teacher has been telling him sense winter break that he is going to be held back. The teacher has made him believe that he can not succeed. My son has come out crying many times from being bullied and beat up by another student and when I confronted the teacher she told me that the students know to run the other dirrection when they see him. After a few more times I took him into the office when he came out crying because this other student had kicked him. The lady automaticly knew who the other studdent was because of previous problems with the studdent bullieing other students, yet nothing has happened they just keep making excuses for the other student .

Posted November 18, 2012
All three of my children have been at Liberty for 5+ years and we wouldn't want them anywhere else. They all have completely different learning styles and Liberty's teachers have been exceptional. The teachers communicate well with each other and we are very pleased with the high academic standards.

Liberty Traditional School 2

Posted July 31, 2012
I was extremely disappointed in this school for many reasons. The Principal was very ineffective. He never responded to calls I left for him regarding situations with my daughter. The teachers seemed to care little about educating, rarely grading assignments or helping when there were things that she did not grasp. They even sent home information sheets for assignments or field trips that were filled with typos and grammatical errors. The emphasis seemed not to be on providing a good education but more so on handing out BIP's (behavioral improvement papers) or referrals. Most of these were regarding dress code infractions. It was so extreme that she got a referral because her jacket was not the exact shade of red required by their standards. When I objected to this I was told that it had to be Crayola Red. So, I then carried a crayon when shopping for school clothes! Electives are not electives when they are assigned without choice. The electives offered are also ridiculous...Science Enrichment, Note Taking, Math Enhancement and absolutely no Arts or creative electives. Also, PE is not a requirement. The School was a former prison and that is how it looks and feels. Do not go here

Posted May 17, 2012
Our family loves Liberty. It is a great school with great leadership. My children look forward to going to school and have developed great friendships. Liberty's principal is stable and sets high standards for the students of the school. This is a school that also encourages family involvement.

Posted January 17, 2012
I would STRONGLY caution parents new to the area from sending their children to this school. We recently moved and after less than 3 weeks class time, I received a notice in the mail that my son is in danger of being held back without ever receiving outreach from the school via a phone call or a meeting request that doesn't become part of his perm record! This is after a stressful move and right in the middle of the holidays. Hes been out of school due to breaks and holidays more than hes been in class.Very insensitive in my opinion and he is 13...already feeling out of place. I'm all about grades, but when teachers fail to pick up a phone and start slipping pieces of paper into children's permanent records after 3 weeks when they are brand new and at the awkward teenage stage, after a move and during the holidays... WE are failing! There is no compassion at this school, you are up to par or you're not and you don't get a chance to explain. He got nothing less than a C at his last school, I read the reviews and went with LTS. BIG mistake, there are many schools to choose from in the area. I'll be considering these options while I await the meeting - which isnt until next week.

Posted November 06, 2011
LTS has a challenging academic curriculum and offers choir and sports among other options. The faculty truly care about each students' success and provide individual attention as needed. LTS is an excellent school.

Liberty Traditional School 4

Posted November 02, 2011
My kids currently go to school at Liberty. The curriculm seems to be right on and they are focused on education and strive for students to accept more than average. I don't like the very strict uniform policy. I understand the concept but it is over the top if a kid has a tiny emplem on their shirt (i.e. a Nike swoosh, osh kosh, etc.) My son accidently wore jean shorts one day and they made him change them immediatly into a school owned pair of khaki shorts. I understand not having pockets all over pants in reagrds to school safety, but a pair of carpenter pants are not allowed. The grading scale is different than most, you can't receive an "A" unless you earn a 94% or higher, "B" is an 86% or higher, etc. Kids are not allowed to enter the classroom with a jacket that isn't solid red, white, or blue. It's a little too conservative, but they also keep structure so pick your poison I suppose. Some teachers are amazing (Ms. Corradi) and some (Ms. Crisp) have zero patience for kindergatners who are still trying to adjust to structure and disciplines. She is better suited for high school and will not be patient with kids perhaps slower learning things. Needs more arts and sports there.

Posted April 19, 2011
A great school. I tutor students from many schools but always enjoy kids from this school which seems more concerned with a good education than most other typical schools. The last poster seems a bit too concerned about their child being "stressed out" over grades and discipline. It used to be in our generation that we were all stressed out by that but we learned something in school. This attitude, all too common these days, is one of the reasons for a high (30% in some places) high school dropout rate and why states have had to lower academic standards. The idea of recognizing kids for trying but not for success is very poor preparation for adult jobs. Companies are now getting stuck with younger employees (as opposed to the older generations) who expect rewards, raises and promotions whether or not they perform well on the job. Result: many are disciplined at work or just terminated.

Liberty Traditional School
3300 Lake Valley Drive, Prescott Valley, AZ  86314
Last modified Liberty Traditional School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Liberty Traditional School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 40 reviews. Top