Public charter
Prescott Valley, AZ
After care: No

Acorn Montessori Charter School 2

Posted July 30, 2015
My child attends this school. At the beginning of the year, her state testing had pegged her at the top tier of the state scores. By the end of the year, she had almost zero improvement, and in some subject areas her scores decreased. The teacher was not concerned because she was "still above state minimum requirements", regardless of her lack of improvement. I have recently become aware of the school's teacher-hiring practices and became more concerned. Upon speaking to other educators, community partners and local childcare providers, I was given negative feedback about Acorn's ethics and quality of education. I asked my child this morning about school. She said it was "ok, but I wish it was more fun. When some children are bad, everyone has to sit on the floor for a long time. I was good and 2 boys and 3 girls were good, but we had to sit on the floor a long time and it was boring." I guess classroom management includes depriving the entire classroom of education as punishment for the actions of a few kids. Also, I have personally witnessed the teacher yelling at a child in a manner that I feel is only acceptable for a child's parent. My heart hurts from my child's year of educational loss and I wish I had been able to put all these pieces together sooner for the sake of her education.

Posted January 15, 2015
There is no school in the entirety of the United States, that puts more emphasis on caring for the child than Acorn Montessori. They address all needs of the student, and somehow find teachers with uncommon passion for their work to bolster their teaching ranks. Offering everything from enrichment programs, to music, and even competitive sports. They have a teacher to student ratio that is never higher than 15 to 1, and they have a remarkable support staff for a wide ranging assortment of needs. This is THE school for child success.

Posted January 14, 2015
If your looking for a more one on one experience Acorn is the school of choice! They have at least 2 educators in a room and work in group settings. I have nothing but wonderful things to say about Acorn!

Posted January 14, 2015
I transferred my daughter to Acorn after attending another public school system. She's excelled academically and is happy to go to school again. Teachers take the time to get to know each student and make any accommodation that is necessary to assist the student. Love Acorn

Posted January 14, 2015
I have had my child in this school for the past three years and he loves coming to school and he loves his teacher so much he call me by her name.LOL This school has more then one teacher in each classroom which helps my child get the attention he needs and also all the other children are getting their needs met. I would suggest this school to everyone with children it is a smaller school but it is a great school of choice.

Posted January 14, 2015
My Grandson attends Acorn Montessori Charter School. He is a bright young man. He thrives on the rigorous curriculum. The multiple qualified educators in each classroom gives all students the opportunity to work and learn in small groups. The teachers we have experienced are sincere and demonstrate high standards. I feel communication is a key to Acorn's community. I am thankful we found a school for my gifted grandchild. He seems to be learning so much and making good friends and so are we.

Acorn Montessori Charter School 4

Posted January 14, 2015
We have two kids that have attended Acorn since preschool. They are now in 5th and 8th grade. They have both turned out to be smart and savvy. No school will be all things to all kids, however we made the right choice sending our kids here.

Posted June 22, 2014
I absolutely love this school and it's staff in everyway. All of my children have attended in every grade from K to 8th. The kindergarten teacher was the best, she taught my youngest and made it so welcoming and inviting to both of us, you rock Ms. Erin! Every year they do things to improve their school and the things that they offer. As everyone in life you learn new things everyday, if you are not welcoming to change then life will get very boring. The love for every child at this school is absolutely amazing, from the director all the way down to the amazing kitchen staff. They listen to your concerns and are quick to resolve them. Going to school should not be an UN pleasant experience for any child and Acorn goes up and beyond to provide both you and your children with the extended family you deserve. The love for children is seen from the moment you walk in the doors! Thank you Acorn for providing the safe and loving Home for my family!

Posted February 06, 2014
Acorn is an all around amazing school! I have never seen such dedicated teachers and staff at a school in a long time. I struggled with the concept of returning to work after I had my 2 boys. However, seeing the amazing staff in preschool, I knew I was making the right decision. My children have been attending Acorn ever since. There are always exciting events/activities to keep the children engaged in learning. This school is ahead of the game with their incorporation of Common Core Curriculum, differentiated instruction, and hands on learning. While on campus, I am often greeted by friendly staff or returning students. Any student is welcome and most find Acorn to be their home away from home. The teachers push their students to grow in character and intelligence, just the way they would their own. Like any school, there are hiccups now and again, but I have yet to find a school that comes close to Acorn s dedication to its students.

Posted February 06, 2014
I love this school! My daughter has been with Ms. Sheryl since she was 2 and now in pre=k she is well prepared for K and already doing K work...she push the children in a good way always helping them reach their potential. Lazy? I am not sure what or who you refer to but the pre-k team has done wonders. Ms. Sheryl to my knowledge is working on a Masters and is Montessori certified as well as being a highly qualified teacher which is not required but has been accomplished because she cares. If you have a problem I would speak with her rather than post here, she is always available. Love the school and teacher!

Acorn Montessori Charter School
8556 East Loos Drive, Prescott Valley, AZ  86314
Last modified Acorn Montessori Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades 2-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Acorn Montessori Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 48 reviews. Top