Public charter
Prescott Valley, AZ
After care: No

Pace Preparatory Academy 2

Posted April 20, 2015
First of all, I want to say that I wrote a review on this school and it is no longer on this site. Second, I want to say that they had a great school in Camp Verde, until they decided to make changes with the school at the end of the year. My child was doing quite well until they let a certain teacher go. That teacher was someone who held the school together. So many students were disappointed in this decision of the couple who run this school, they decided not to return, thus the school was forced to close. This teacher knew how to get the students going and learning. I do hope the school in Prescott is doing well, as I wish no ill feelings towards the students, of course. But their decision to let this teacher go has affected many students, though they have found another school that has gained the insight and intelligence of this same teacher.

Pace Preparatory Academy 1

Posted September 09, 2014
Wow. This "school?" rates 3 out of 10? With no Special Education Teacher required by Arizona State Law? The campus in Camp Verde had better academic results but got shut down, for Goodness sake. There is a very high turn-over rate in staff in the passed year. My niece has been removed from this school and I have to hear about her friends who are stuck there. Thank Goodness it is not my problem now.

Pace Preparatory Academy 1

Posted May 29, 2014
I would like to comment on the post that asks what the Camp Verde side is doing with AIMS that the Prescott Valley side is not. There is a math tutor on the Camp Verde side that has actual AIMS tutoring classes to help the students practice the concepts they will be tested on and the Prescott Valley side does not. The math teacher does not take the necessary time with the PV students to help them.

Pace Preparatory Academy 4

Posted April 27, 2014
PACE is the only school in the area that gave my daughter a chance to graduate. Most of the teachers are positive and patient. I am thankful for the school and their willingness to help struggling kids.

Posted September 30, 2013
PACE Academy offers students a unique educational environment that individualizes their learning based on interest, academic level and motivation to graduate. All teachers are certified--many are certified in more than one area--and students can work with those teachers one-on-one for additional help and instruction. PACE Academy offers an accredited, Common Core aligned curriculum that prepares students for all post-secondary opportunities. If you haven't checked out PACE lately, it would be well worth your time!

Posted September 30, 2013
Upon joining the PACE Academy team I've become inspired to become a better listener. So many times we get busy and pick out only what we want to hear. Kids are smart, they pick up on your sincerity, or lack thereof, and lose respect for you as a "role model". I hope to be able to help any of these young people with what I've learned from my own life experiences. I am definitely happy to be here at Pace and look forward to being of service.

Posted September 30, 2013
With full accreditation, a 4-day school week and working at your own pace with 1 on 1 help available when you need it, I do not think you can find a better option than Pace Academy.

Posted September 27, 2013
This school is one of the best schools where teachers care about the students in a safe, nurturing environment. Students are held accountable for their learning, and teachers guide them and make sure they stay on task and are learn the necessary information. The administration is awesome!!

Posted September 22, 2013
For anyone who is interested in knowing the facts, PACE Academy has identified, through Student/Teacher Course Connection which teachers are effective and which are not. All of the teachers currently on staff are officially certified Highly Qualified Teachers in their individual specialties. There is definitely a Special Education teacher on staff. We have expanded our 123 course curriculum to now include Art, Drama, Dance and Film. Achieving NCA Accreditation is no small feat. We invite anyone to stop by to meet any of our staff members, witness the effective instructional environment that is provided to our student population and decide for themselves. Enrollment has grown by 10% so far this semester, and in order to maintain a low student to teacher ratio, we of course are always looking to add talented invidivuals to join our team.

Pace Preparatory Academy 4

Posted July 29, 2013
I would like to comment on the student who said the teacher was rude. I went to summer school and finished a credit and a half because I worked rather than played around. If someone really wants to know how great this school is they should actually go into the classroom and watch these teachers work with their students to get the real story. The summer school teacher as well as the new Special Education teacher were great with me and showed me they cared what I wanted for my future. I am glad my mom found this school and will be returning when the new year starts.

Pace Preparatory Academy
6711 East 2nd Street, Prescott Valley, AZ  86314
Last modified Pace Preparatory Academy is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12
Pace Preparatory Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top