Public charter
Prescott Valley, AZ
After care: No

Pace Preparatory Academy 1

Posted May 29, 2014
I would like to comment on the post that asks what the Camp Verde side is doing with AIMS that the Prescott Valley side is not. There is a math tutor on the Camp Verde side that has actual AIMS tutoring classes to help the students practice the concepts they will be tested on and the Prescott Valley side does not. The math teacher does not take the necessary time with the PV students to help them.

Pace Preparatory Academy 4

Posted April 27, 2014
PACE is the only school in the area that gave my daughter a chance to graduate. Most of the teachers are positive and patient. I am thankful for the school and their willingness to help struggling kids.

Posted September 30, 2013
PACE Academy offers students a unique educational environment that individualizes their learning based on interest, academic level and motivation to graduate. All teachers are certified--many are certified in more than one area--and students can work with those teachers one-on-one for additional help and instruction. PACE Academy offers an accredited, Common Core aligned curriculum that prepares students for all post-secondary opportunities. If you haven't checked out PACE lately, it would be well worth your time!

Posted September 30, 2013
Upon joining the PACE Academy team I've become inspired to become a better listener. So many times we get busy and pick out only what we want to hear. Kids are smart, they pick up on your sincerity, or lack thereof, and lose respect for you as a "role model". I hope to be able to help any of these young people with what I've learned from my own life experiences. I am definitely happy to be here at Pace and look forward to being of service.

Posted September 30, 2013
With full accreditation, a 4-day school week and working at your own pace with 1 on 1 help available when you need it, I do not think you can find a better option than Pace Academy.

Posted September 27, 2013
This school is one of the best schools where teachers care about the students in a safe, nurturing environment. Students are held accountable for their learning, and teachers guide them and make sure they stay on task and are learn the necessary information. The administration is awesome!!

Posted September 22, 2013
For anyone who is interested in knowing the facts, PACE Academy has identified, through Student/Teacher Course Connection which teachers are effective and which are not. All of the teachers currently on staff are officially certified Highly Qualified Teachers in their individual specialties. There is definitely a Special Education teacher on staff. We have expanded our 123 course curriculum to now include Art, Drama, Dance and Film. Achieving NCA Accreditation is no small feat. We invite anyone to stop by to meet any of our staff members, witness the effective instructional environment that is provided to our student population and decide for themselves. Enrollment has grown by 10% so far this semester, and in order to maintain a low student to teacher ratio, we of course are always looking to add talented invidivuals to join our team.

Pace Preparatory Academy 4

Posted July 29, 2013
I would like to comment on the student who said the teacher was rude. I went to summer school and finished a credit and a half because I worked rather than played around. If someone really wants to know how great this school is they should actually go into the classroom and watch these teachers work with their students to get the real story. The summer school teacher as well as the new Special Education teacher were great with me and showed me they cared what I wanted for my future. I am glad my mom found this school and will be returning when the new year starts.

Pace Preparatory Academy 1

Posted July 08, 2013
My Grandson went to this school for the Special Education services. He will not go back because the Special Education teacher is gone. I have just found out that Special Educations money has been cut back 20 percent for next year. Not happy!

Posted June 16, 2013
I would also like to comment on the entry about students walking before finishing their course work. My daughter was one of those students who walked and then finished her course work in summer school to receive her diploma. She worked her butt off during the school year and due to some unforseen family issues my daughter fell behind and instead of penalizing her the school staff let her walk with her classmates. My daughter was given a blank piece of paper as a placeholder for her diploma until she completed her course work. It was made clear to us that had she not completed the work during summer school she was to return the next school year to complete it otherwise she would not receive a diploma. This is a great practice in my mind because things happen that no one plans for and the children should not be penalized for things that were out of their control. I commend this school for caring enough about their students to know and help those students and families that are striving to make it in an educational world where what matters most is how many butts are in the seats rather than the quality of their teachers and the success or failure of their students.

Pace Preparatory Academy
6711 East 2nd Street, Prescott Valley, AZ  86314
Last modified Pace Preparatory Academy is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12
Pace Preparatory Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top