Bad
Good

I didn't learn more than a handful of things in my two years at this school. Great music program, but all the other classes taught me was how to sleep with my eyes open. The staff were not very willing to go out of there way for special cases (I was looking to take high school courses while at the school).

Granite Mountain Middle School was an excellent choice for my daughter. We moved here from Oklahoma and I was nervous about her going to a different school after being in the same one her whole life. GMMS made the transition a smooth and memorable experience for us. Their teachers are VERY involved with the children and genuinely care about them.

GMMS is the greatest school this student has ever been to! This campus-setting and the fun i have at granite mountain is the reason why i always am excited to go to school here! The teachers are so friendly and there are lots of school programs and sports to participate in. The education is challenging and i even have fun in sciece when we do lab activities! I love the news program and gmms changed me from a boring guy to someone who has friends and has a lot of fun! Thanks GMMS staff, teachers, and most importantly, the students for making this the best school I've ever been to!

As a student I absolutely loved this school. Most of my favorite memories are at this school and not just with my friends but also with the teachers caz their so nice and friendly. And yet I learned so much here! I was surrounded by the best teachers ever that make the school feel comfortable and family like rather than just going to a place to learn and go home. It was my second home. Even now that I've moved on to PHS I still go to visit Granite offten to see all of the amazing teachers, staff and campus. Thank you Granite Mountain MIddle School family for making my middle school yrs the best i could hope for!

I love granite Mountain Middle School because it is a school that is always striving to be better. We make it our number one goal to provide students with the best education and set high expectations. it is a school that is inviting to all students, parents and staff. The relationships between the staff and students create a family environment outside the ones at home. We all communicate with each other and always go out of our way to see one another everyday.

Granite Mountain is a great school! My kids felt like it was more a family than a distant school. Teachers participate in the Students' lives by attending their events outside of the classroom, and celebrate their successes. Parents are supportive of the teachers, and students come back to the school to visit former teachers. This school is definitely an A+school!

I love Granite Mountain Middle School because the GMMS 'famly' (parents, staff, educators) are always striving to make the school the best it can be. Even after becoming an A+ school a few years ago, they still are giving 100% in what seems to be every area. The principal and assistant principal return calls right away; the teachers respect the students which fosters students' respect. When there is a problem brought to the administration, it is dealt with immediately in a firm but fair way. I always LOVE the campus setting which is nestled in huge boudlers and pine trees. As you can tell, my family and I as proud supporters of GMMS and think it is the greatest middle school.

GMMS just received the coveted A+ Award! Thank you to all of the wonder students, teachers, administrators, staff, and parents for making this happen! Our school is a wonderful community of people, young and 'older' coming together to create an amazing learning environment!

I'm both a parent and former part-time teacher at GMMS, and my husband and I are both very impressed with this school. There's a new principal (Stephanie Hillig...yay, a female!) and vice-principal, Paul Manz. Stephanie is very innovative at keeping the school current and maintaining its awesome reputation in academics. Paul is wonderful as a V.P too... he's funny and down-to-earth (and for some, their former band teacher!). They also have David Hunt as a counselor and math teacher, and he's a blessing to this school. The nurse and the secretaries are also very kind and professional. No school is perfect in everything, but I'd highly recommend this school to any parent. My daughter has had problems with her homework, and the teachers at GMMS bend over backwards to help us. GMMS has incredible test scores, and I like how strict they are on dress code, rules, etc.

We moved from San Diego County Schools to Prescott schools to find a vast difference for the better. My kids are challenged academically here - I'm glad we made the change. Both my kids are involved in extra-curricular activities (choir, band, and NJHS), and are finally in classes where they don't sit bored all day long. I'm very pleased, as are my kids. I only had a problem with one teacher. Other than that, I found consistent interesting teaching with office staff, administration, and teachers who care!

Last modified Granite Mountain Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.