Prescott, AZ

Posted December 01, 2014
Miller Valley Elementary has the 21st century Grant that provides all students with free before and after school tutoring as well as free enrichment classes after the PM tutoring classes. They also have a special grant that provides non English-speaking students with a specially trained teacher to help them learn English as quickly as possible so they get the most out of their education. Miller Valley has a very diverse student population allowing students to grow together and learn from each other and their cultures and traditions.

Posted November 03, 2014
My school has community pride, we at Miller Valley love kids, our school and our community.

Posted August 31, 2014
My children have been attending Miller Valley school for several years. Their staff and teachers are dedicated hard-working and go above and beyond to protect and ensure that my children and all of the other children get what they need to be successful. When I read some of the other reviews it concerns me that one person's negative experience would taint the possibility of other people attending wonderful school. This is a school that is underfunded and understaffed because of the state we live in. Miller Valley teachers and staff are always working after hours, weekends and at home to make sure the children have everything they need to be successful even though the teachers are sadly underpaid, are working with very few resources and little parent involvement. This school is diverse with many cultures and walks of life, but that's life, isn't it? We live in a world if diversity. I want my kids at Miller Valley. Thank you, Miller Valley!

Posted September 17, 2013
This is an 'under budget' school. Set in an extremely low income neighborhood and students that come from 'little Mexico'. Parent involvement is lacking. The office staff has zero effort when it comes to doing their job, lack information, don't keep track of students, don't supervise the children on the playgrounds. My daughter only attended for under two months THANK GOD and was finally transferred to a much better establishment. Principal, Mr. Layne, did not receive criticism well regarding their lack of supervision on the playgrounds when children ran into the STREET to retrieve a soccer ball. Her teacher was a diamond in the rough, the only good thing I can say about MV. My advice to future parents, go elsewhere! Get on waiting lists and open enrollment for any other school in Prescott! That is, unless you don't mind having your child bullied, spoken to in Spanish and running into traffic... Good luck!

Posted June 06, 2010
Thank you Miller valley for having the strenght and guts to stand up to rascism. (The school decided to keep te mural the way it is!)

Posted June 05, 2010
I heard that your school was planning to lighten the skin tones of some of your students depicted in a mural. It seems that you are planning to change the now accurately depicted complexions of the darker-skinned students to more Caucasian skin tones. I think that's disgusting and is sending the young people who attend your school the wrong message.

Posted December 07, 2009

Posted October 29, 2009
My son has been attending Miller Valley since kindergarten. He is an honor student, actively involved in the student committee, and loves school. His teachers are caring, friendly and professional. I have enjoyed being a parent helper in all of his classes and everyone at the school has greeted me with open arms. I am really impressed with the Yavapai College student partnership they have created.

Posted August 09, 2008

Posted May 03, 2007
Not exactly overjoyed with this school, the teachers are wonderful and caring. However, the Principal does not handle difficult situations very well. Also, the office staff does not seem to be very worried about the well being of the children.

Miller Valley School
900 Iron Springs Road, Prescott, AZ  86305
Last modified Miller Valley School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Miller Valley School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top