Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

My daughter has attended MOS for 2yrs now and she has absolutely blossomed, not just academically, but as a whole person. Every day she tells me about all the wonderful projects, plays, festivals, cooking, gardening, arts...the list just goes on and on. The academia is interwoven into these whole child projects. The older children lead as examples to the younger ones and spend time with them, the children have the same teacher from grade to grade, creating a strong lasting bond.

We love Mountain Oak Charter School! We have seen a vast improvement in our daughters learning ability. She grasps more because of the way the lessons are taught here. She never wants to miss a day and we are so happy. Mountain Oak School is a Waldor-inspired Charter School, so the techniques are so different but the children learn so much through their methods. I highly recommend this school. We are so lucky to have it in our town!

Our daughter looks forward to going to school everyday. Mountain Oak School is a dream come true for her. Our daughter's writing skills really shine here as she is not set up to fail or be in competition with anyone like she was at our last public school. All the children are happy and get along with their peers. And we feel like we are all family to all the other parents, the teachers and administrators. Mountain Oak School is a great school!

Mountain Oak is an excellent school. The grade that a school receives that is based on the standardized tests is not the ultimate measure of how great a school is. If students are happy, are successful after they graduate and move on to high school and college, and grow into well-rounded, responsible citizens is be far the best indicator.

This is a wonderful school that's goal is producing a whole person. They do handwork with yarn (knitting) and bees wax. They teach Spanish, lots of art, music & instrument all part of their core curriculum. The school handles student issues with respect for the child and bring in resources where necessary. The children all use/play with natural toys, objects and materials. They promote imagination with wonderful stories and lots of festivals throughout the year. Don't be discouraged by the building in which the school is located, all the classrooms are large, brightly colored and set up for amazing learning. The teachers are all Waldorf qualified, and are very passionate about there students and their teaching. We couldn't be happier with our child's school!

This is my son's second year at Mountain Oak and I am very happy with the school. His 2 teachers have been excellent, blending perfectly Waldorf concepts and traditional curriculum. I feel the teachers truly respect the whole child and let them be just that- their unique, playful, beautiful selves. When I observe the children at Mt. Oak they all seem comfortable, happy and confident. I don't seem to see withdrawn or typically "shy" children because the kids see school as a safe place where they can be themselves and get the support and encouragement to grow, learn and play. Learning is not stressful at Mt.Oak, it is positive and natural. I would highly recommend Mt. Oak to any child and parent looking for a small school with top notch teachers and curriculum.

I have a daughter in kindergarten and preschool at Mountain Oak School (MOS). I find the curriculum to be outstanding, and I love the fact that they are taught to deeply understand the subjects and not just stuffed with forgettable facts. They are nurtured as a whole person, body, mind and spirit, and are taught subjects as appropriate to their age and development. At MOS the children are allowed to be children and they learn as all children should, through play, and experience, and art, music, nature, gardening, woodworking, and handwork are considered just as valuable a part of the curriculum as the three Rs. I highly recommend this school. The teachers are dedicated and and very knowledgable about the Waldorf philosophies and principles. We are one big family at MOS.

Beauty, joy, friendship, family, integrity, wonder...These are all reasons why I chose Mountain Oak Charter School for my children. Starting with Kindergarten and continuing on to 6th and 4th grades where they are currently enrolled, I cherish the educational experience my children have enjoyed at this incredible school. From learning to knit, to seeing the harmony present in the different areas of arithmetic, from field trips to the Grand Canyon, to presenting a class play, my children have been supported, challenged and enriched in countless ways over the years. But more than all this, what brings me the greatest joy is seeing them look forward to school each day. Thank you Mountain Oak for this sublime gift.

After moving from Eugene, Oregon and being in the public school system there from Kindergarten to first grade, we were used to a well-rounded curriculum that involved academics, art and social interaction. We tried one of the local public schools for 2nd grade when we moved to Prescott, but were not impressed with the overly heavy attention to academics. Though Abia Judd was good at excelling with academia, the social interaction of the crowded classes was severely lacking. Mountain Oak has been a real blessing in treating the whole child and we have seen our son flourish with the strong Waldorf flavor of the school. The core academia is covered and he also gets to participate in festivals, learn music, handwork, cultural history from many faiths, and physical play in a social setting with his other classmates. He's much happier at Mountain Oak and his behavior at home is the proof in the pudding. We're also much happier with the involved parents who also like to do something better than the mainstream "pop" lifestyle. We're here to stay!

Mountain Oak Charter School has been the very best choice for my daughter, now in 6th grade. She started attending MOS in the second grade and we have never second guessed the decision to make this our school home. The teachers, administrators and parents work together to crate a beautiful and safe campus for our children. The Waldorf inspired education that my daughter receives is first rate! She is treated with dignity and respect,as an important part of the school community and she reciprocates with a fierce loyalty to her teacher, classmates, fellow students and her education. Mountain Oak school is a gem.

Last modified Mountain Oak Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.