Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Fantastic School! ! My kids love Willow Creek. Small class sizes and great teachers makes this one of the best schools in the area. If you're looking for a great school look no further this is the perfect school! !

My daughter started at Willow Creek Charter in the 6th grade. She had done public schools her whole life and had fallen through the cracks. Going into 6th she was approaching the standard on the AIMS in both math and writing. She was not held accountable and simply allowed to fail at her pervious school. Willow Creek changed all that. At the end of the year she met standards on the AIMS in all areas. Now she is in 8th grade and is actually dreaming of college. As for the atmosphere I couldn't ask for better teachers and staff that help create a bully free environment. Should something occur they handle it harshly and quickly but also use mediation techniques and education to prevent bullying. My daughter has never had so many friends or felt so wanted at a school. It truly is a small family like environment. I could never send her back to a public school where she would just be an ID number. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this school to anyone! Thank you Willow Creek for making a difference!

Develops character: Strongly agree

I feel this school does develop honesty and integrity as well as fairness. In the parent letter it says fair is not everyone getting the same thing but instead getting what they need to succeed. This told me my daughter was an individual to them. Also they have character education and use mediation for disputes. Students are held accountable and taught to take responsibility for their choices (good and bad) but in a nurturing way.

A big thank you to this school for the great education and social skills my boys acquired at Willow Creek Charter. They attended K – 8th grade there and loved all aspects of this school. Being a part of such a wonderful and safe school community helped them to build their confidence and get good grades. Going to a large public high school can be intimidating these days for most kids, but their experience at WCC helped them to succeed as A students, while involved in several sports and music programs. I sincerely believe my children are more well-adjusted and successful because of the foundation provided by Willow Creek.

Willow Creek Charter has been a fantastic experience for my daughter, now in 6th grade, and son, in kindergarten. My daughter has been there since kindergarten and formed fantastic relationships with both her peers and teachers. It is great that they keep the same teacher for 2 years, and class size is small so they individual attention! I would love to see them bring back Spanish for all the students. Can't wait for my youngest to start!

I attended Willow Creek Charter School between the years of 1999 and 2004. It was a small school where everyone gets to know each other very well and the teachers are completely invested in the students education and well-being. It also allows for the students to work at their own pace; I was able to advance rapidly ahead of my grade in mathematics while also staying with my peers socially (I didn t have to skip a grade). I have now graduated with a bachelors degree in engineering and am now pursuing a masters degree and as far as I am concerned this school was instrumental in setting me up for success.

My kids went to Willow Creek Charter for most of their elementary and middle-school years. Loved the multi-age classrooms, which helped to drive them to be better students. They had no problem transitioning into a larger high school and have all been very successful in high school and college. They always felt safe, because of the bully-free environment and loved the extra attention they received in the small school.

My daughter absolutely loves her new school and so do I. We recently moved here from another state and visited many schools. We chose Willow Creek Charter School because of the small class size, their teaching philosophy along with their fabulous teachers, and the overall environment. I feel my daughter is in a very safe and enriching school. She has made wonderful new friends and is really blossoming. She even wants to go on the weekends. We couldn't be more thrilled!!

GREAT SCHOOL, GREAT TEACHERS! If you want you're child to receive a great education in a small school with small class sizes then this is the school for you. Great art, music, spanish, p.e., reading, and math programs.

I visited the school and after meeting the teacher and principal decided not to enroll my son. The teacher had many small toys/figurines on the side of her desk (which the kids walk by everytime they enter and exit the classroom). The teacher seemed very irritated and upset that my son touched a plastic McDonald's toy. She could have put them on the other side of her desk so that it would not be so tempting for kids to touch. I am sure my son was not the first child to do so. The principal told my son (who has ADHD) that if he gets distracted in class he will be sent to her office so he can focus better (meanwhile missing his class instruction and work). The receptionist who I talked to prior to visiting the school told me there will be 2 certified teachers in the class. There was a teacher and and aid who was a parent of a student without a degree or experience teaching elementary grades (just Pre-K).

Last modified Willow Creek Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.