Posted August 20, 2015
My daughter started at Willow Creek Charter in the 6th grade. She had done public schools her whole life and had fallen through the cracks. Going into 6th she was approaching the standard on the AIMS in both math and writing. She was not held accountable and simply allowed to fail at her pervious school. Willow Creek changed all that. At the end of the year she met standards on the AIMS in all areas. Now she is in 8th grade and is actually dreaming of college. As for the atmosphere I couldn't ask for better teachers and staff that help create a bully free environment. Should something occur they handle it harshly and quickly but also use mediation techniques and education to prevent bullying. My daughter has never had so many friends or felt so wanted at a school. It truly is a small family like environment. I could never send her back to a public school where she would just be an ID number. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this school to anyone! Thank you Willow Creek for making a difference!

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted August 20, 2015
Absolutely! My daughter struggles in math but they won't let her give up! She went from hating school to wanting to go to college.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted August 20, 2015
Through character education in the classrooms the students are taught respect. I see a difference in my daughter with manners and how she speaks to people.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted August 20, 2015
They foster a family like environment. Every teacher knows who the child is, they use a buddy system for walking field trips pairing the younger students with older ones, and use the older kids as role models to inspire the younger kids to achieve their best and make good choices. They have character education courses and participate in community service. They all come together when someone needs help. A parent passed away that had 4 students at the school and the children helped raise money to support the family. Another parent that had 5 kids at the school had a medical emergency around Christmas so the school got together to make sure those kids had a good Christmas. They have a pot luck thanksgiving every year where parents are invited and students bring in the food. It's wonderful. They do pledge once a week where the classes share their successes with the school and celebrate birthdays. Even around thanksgiving they do a food drive.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted August 20, 2015
I feel this school does develop honesty and integrity as well as fairness. In the parent letter it says fair is not everyone getting the same thing but instead getting what they need to succeed. This told me my daughter was an individual to them. Also they have character education and use mediation for disputes. Students are held accountable and taught to take responsibility for their choices (good and bad) but in a nurturing way.

Posted August 19, 2015
A big thank you to this school for the great education and social skills my boys acquired at Willow Creek Charter. They attended K – 8th grade there and loved all aspects of this school. Being a part of such a wonderful and safe school community helped them to build their confidence and get good grades. Going to a large public high school can be intimidating these days for most kids, but their experience at WCC helped them to succeed as A students, while involved in several sports and music programs. I sincerely believe my children are more well-adjusted and successful because of the foundation provided by Willow Creek.

Posted April 27, 2014
One of the best school in the Prescott Area, we have a small school, with small class sizes. The teachers really care about the students and we have a great arts program and drama program. My kids are very happy here and would not want to send them any where else. The school goes from kindergarten through the 8th grade and the teacher's cater their teaching to each individual child.

Willow Creek Charter School 4

Posted April 02, 2014
Willow Creek Charter has been a fantastic experience for my daughter, now in 6th grade, and son, in kindergarten. My daughter has been there since kindergarten and formed fantastic relationships with both her peers and teachers. It is great that they keep the same teacher for 2 years, and class size is small so they individual attention! I would love to see them bring back Spanish for all the students. Can't wait for my youngest to start!

Posted May 24, 2013
I attended Willow Creek Charter School between the years of 1999 and 2004. It was a small school where everyone gets to know each other very well and the teachers are completely invested in the students education and well-being. It also allows for the students to work at their own pace; I was able to advance rapidly ahead of my grade in mathematics while also staying with my peers socially (I didn t have to skip a grade). I have now graduated with a bachelors degree in engineering and am now pursuing a masters degree and as far as I am concerned this school was instrumental in setting me up for success.

Posted May 16, 2013
My kids went to Willow Creek Charter for most of their elementary and middle-school years. Loved the multi-age classrooms, which helped to drive them to be better students. They had no problem transitioning into a larger high school and have all been very successful in high school and college. They always felt safe, because of the bully-free environment and loved the extra attention they received in the small school.

2100 Willow Creek Rd, Prescott, AZ  86301
Last modified Willow Creek Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Willow Creek Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top