Public charter
Prescott, AZ

Posted April 27, 2014
One of the best school in the Prescott Area, we have a small school, with small class sizes. The teachers really care about the students and we have a great arts program and drama program. My kids are very happy here and would not want to send them any where else. The school goes from kindergarten through the 8th grade and the teacher's cater their teaching to each individual child.

Willow Creek Charter School 4

Posted April 02, 2014
Willow Creek Charter has been a fantastic experience for my daughter, now in 6th grade, and son, in kindergarten. My daughter has been there since kindergarten and formed fantastic relationships with both her peers and teachers. It is great that they keep the same teacher for 2 years, and class size is small so they individual attention! I would love to see them bring back Spanish for all the students. Can't wait for my youngest to start!

Posted May 24, 2013
I attended Willow Creek Charter School between the years of 1999 and 2004. It was a small school where everyone gets to know each other very well and the teachers are completely invested in the students education and well-being. It also allows for the students to work at their own pace; I was able to advance rapidly ahead of my grade in mathematics while also staying with my peers socially (I didn t have to skip a grade). I have now graduated with a bachelors degree in engineering and am now pursuing a masters degree and as far as I am concerned this school was instrumental in setting me up for success.

Posted May 16, 2013
My kids went to Willow Creek Charter for most of their elementary and middle-school years. Loved the multi-age classrooms, which helped to drive them to be better students. They had no problem transitioning into a larger high school and have all been very successful in high school and college. They always felt safe, because of the bully-free environment and loved the extra attention they received in the small school.

Posted January 07, 2013
My daughter absolutely loves her new school and so do I. We recently moved here from another state and visited many schools. We chose Willow Creek Charter School because of the small class size, their teaching philosophy along with their fabulous teachers, and the overall environment. I feel my daughter is in a very safe and enriching school. She has made wonderful new friends and is really blossoming. She even wants to go on the weekends. We couldn't be more thrilled!!

Posted October 04, 2012
GREAT SCHOOL, GREAT TEACHERS! If you want you're child to receive a great education in a small school with small class sizes then this is the school for you. Great art, music, spanish, p.e., reading, and math programs.

Posted June 06, 2012
I visited the school and after meeting the teacher and principal decided not to enroll my son. The teacher had many small toys/figurines on the side of her desk (which the kids walk by everytime they enter and exit the classroom). The teacher seemed very irritated and upset that my son touched a plastic McDonald's toy. She could have put them on the other side of her desk so that it would not be so tempting for kids to touch. I am sure my son was not the first child to do so. The principal told my son (who has ADHD) that if he gets distracted in class he will be sent to her office so he can focus better (meanwhile missing his class instruction and work). The receptionist who I talked to prior to visiting the school told me there will be 2 certified teachers in the class. There was a teacher and and aid who was a parent of a student without a degree or experience teaching elementary grades (just Pre-K).

Posted May 20, 2012
This school has no regard for the well being of its students and parent concerns are completely ignored. My child will no longer be going to this school for these reasons among others. I do not recommend this school. The staff is completely unprofessional.

Posted February 28, 2011
I taught at this school for a number of years and was disappointed by the lack of strong leadership who could do what was right by students. The idea of discipline was threatening to call police. The idea of school reform was hiring barely out of high school students as "parapros" to teach arts programs and tutor struggling students. As a starting teacher in middle school I entered a classroom filled with beginner reading books. Compare test scores.

Posted March 23, 2010
My child was struggling in public school and attended this school for a while. He has had to return to public school and no longer struggles but excels. If this school is so out of date, under trained and just doesn t have it together, what does this say about the public school system. I think the school is great.

Willow Creek Charter School
2100 Willow Creek Rd, Prescott, AZ  86301
Last modified Willow Creek Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Willow Creek Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top