Prescott, AZ

Posted November 20, 2013
My school has 3 computer labs for students to practice skills, create documents and presentations, research and learn. We have innovative learning and traditional values.

Posted July 05, 2011
So far 5 of my 7 children have attended WTS. The principal, teachers and office staff are friendly and have high expectations. Unlike my children's former schools, WTS taught my children to read and write in kindergarten! This school encourages good citizenship, learning and parent involvement. If you're an involved parent and want your child to learn and be treated as an intelligent person, I highly recommend Washington Traditional School.

Washington Traditional School 1

Posted September 15, 2009
My sons teacher doesn't give him any attention, no one on one, and if he asks a question and a different student has the answer she send the student to go and teach for her.

Posted December 03, 2008
My kids are in the lower grades, and we all love it. The teachers are very capable and caring and intelligent. This school really encourages all parents to come in and help out. There are wonderful experiences and activities, such as lots of field trips to performances at Yavapai college, making gingerbread houses for the Prescott Resort gingerbread display, etc. We've recently moved, and have only been at this school a few months, but my kids were welcomed by the students and teachers and are really enjoying it. This school focuses on values, which I appreciate. I also like that they do computer lab everyday. The teachers are a little more strict, but I feel it's good for my kids. They know what is expected of them and they are thriving in this environment.

Washington Traditional School 3

Posted August 02, 2006
I think this school needs to evaluate their teachers more effectively. Some of them are very strict and penalize the students for any little thing.

Washington Traditional School 3

Posted July 13, 2006

Posted June 02, 2006
- a former student
It has good academic programs. They encourage the kids a whole lot to learn. The teachers love to teach there classes. It is a very loving enviroment. Where a lot of kids suceed. it has great Music, Art and P.E. classes. The Staff There is Really wonderful.. They treat everyone with respect.

Posted November 17, 2005
WTS is a wonderful school. I really appreciate the teachers and staff and how friendly and open they are. My sons love this school. We recently have moved and both of my sons are at the top of their new classes in all areas including reading, writing and math. I know their success is a direct result of the teachers at WTS having high expectations for them and believing that they can acheive great things academically. There is a great balance of school work, fun and responsiblity. I was involved in the classroom weekly and enjoyed working with each teacher and the office staff. I truely appreciate the emphasis on values, morals and striving to be your best. Go visit the school and you will find a wonderful place for your children to learn and grow!

Posted May 04, 2005
I really like this school a lot. My son's teacher is fabulous; she has taught him so much in the short time he has attended. Great programs, plays, field trips, science fair. I love this school!

Posted July 19, 2004
WTS is overall a great school! Parents and educators work together to make sure the children are well schooled in the really important areas, such as reading, math, spelling, science, etc... I especially appreciate the strict enforcement of a dress code and that parents are held accountable for their children's actions. The biggest lack is that they have no gifted program. But, considering that the schools here that do have one only have it one hour per week, I can live with it.

Washington Traditional School
300 East Gurley Street, Prescott, AZ  86301
Last modified Washington Traditional School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Washington Traditional School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top