Public charter
Prescott, AZ

Posted February 01, 2012
As a parent of a student who is two year attendee for Kestrel High School by choice, I can also attest to the fact that this school is different in all the right ways. She is a gifted student who is artistically motivated and a free thinker. Although grades ahead in State testing since primary school she didn't thrive at PUHS. For the first time in a few years she WANTS to attend school every day and is happy every day at school, She's developed quality personal student-teacher relationships and speaks freely of the positive interactions she has. Everyone at the school remarks about her fine contributions in her classes and school events - she could not find at PUHS. Her grades are back to being outstanding, more imporantly she has finally changed her mind about going to College and is preparing for it. Lastly as a parent, I receive the respect, interaction with staff, and input that PUHS refused to offer. Thank you Kestral!

Posted June 03, 2009

Posted October 07, 2008
Kestrel is different in all the right ways. Personal attention is given to every student the staff will work with the kids. If we need help they will help us with whatever we are struggling with. The staff at Kestrel this year is amazing! The school has more kids! It is a warm welcoming enviroment! The Prinicipal is Amazing! She actually listens to the students a whole lot more than the last Prinicipal! If you need a school that is smaller than Kestrel would be a great choice! The staff is great! Kestrel is wonderful!!! It is a truly special place for the students and staff!

Posted June 02, 2008
As a former teacher for Kestrel High School, I can attest to the fact that this school is different in all the right ways. Personal attention is given to every student and teaching is differentiated based on ability. PUSD is a fine, high quality factory school; however, its student population falls into the factory thinking mode of learning and regurgitating, whereas Kestrel students learn by doing, thereby having the advantage of team-building, active learning and many other methods and disciplines that are required in today's ultra-competitive job market. It's also a great place to teach.

Posted August 15, 2005
- a former student
I was a student at kestrel for 3 years and I really feel the general atmosphere had prepared me for 'real life'. There were a number of experiances that I never would have received at PHS. The learning was more self directed and the relationship with teachers was full quality. It was an experiance I fully recommend to any parent.

Posted May 03, 2004
- a former student
I was a student at Kestrel my Junior year. I learned more about myself that year than I'd learned in 16 years. It's a wonderful environment for students of all types. Although there aren't any extracurricular activities, I strongly encourage allowing your children to attend this academic environment- especially if they're a 'hands on' learner.

Kestrel High School