Posted October 08, 2011
I love Jack Barnes as well- but echo the negative comments about the music teacher. While she does teach the kids their songs well, and they always do a good job performing, she is unkind to the students to the point that my kids, who LOVE school and LOVE every single one of their teachers- despise her. I studied music in college and have taught my children well, they have performed solos in front of large audiences and have perfect pitch and know every single word of the songs they are taught...and yet...they come home with "meets standards" in music. I finally asked my son's teacher, "does she EVER give E's?" She said she has seen 1-2 in the entire time she has been teaching there. That's just wrong. My kids think of music in the same way that they think of work- instead of looking forward with joy to something that should be a pleasure! When my oldest was in 1st grade she actually made him cry- and he NEVER crys. His teacher found him crying in the corner of the music room when she went to pick up his class. The music teacher didn't even care. I love Jack Barnes but I wish Mrs. Payne would work a little harder to make music something the children enjoy.

Posted June 11, 2011
My kids have been at Jb for many yrs now and we LOVE it there. I disagree with the person that made a comment about our Music teacher. She is WONDERFUL at teaching the kids and think she is very fair (kids MUST be good singers to get the parts) however she does try to get them all involed is some way. Just so you know other schools I have talked to know of her, and wish they had her at their schools. They all strive to be like her!!! She really gets them perpared for middle school!

Jack Barnes Elementary School 3

Posted May 25, 2011
so glad this year is over and so sick of all the politics. this should not be happening in an elementary school. glad they have new blood in the PTO but doubt that things will change. Most of the teachers are fair and equal but I wish the few that cater to certain kids would realize how hurt the other kids feel being left out. Please take a look around and reward the ones that you never notice.

Jack Barnes Elementary School 4

Posted June 27, 2010
I think Jack Barnes is a great school and just about every teacher I have had contact with are very dedicated in their careers. I thnk the only place I would make a change is in the cafeteria-a couple of the teachers they have supervising the kids during kinder lunch should not be in there. They have no patience and most of the kids seem terrified-not a good way for them to "enjoy" their lunchtime. The only other complaint I have is the amount of "fundraising"they are constanting doing. We dont make a lot of money and it seems like every other week my kids are coming home with something to sell-it gets old fast. I would just rather send in a flat amount at the beginning of the year and be done with it. I thnk the staff needs to take into consideration the economy we are in,

Jack Barnes Elementary School 3

Posted May 31, 2010
I have 2 kids at Jack Barnes and I just love every teacher they have had except for Music. I cant stand when a teacher has her "favorites". My daughter constantly complains how she tries and tries so hard but its always the same ones in the class that get the extra treat. Since Music is not a major subject we just talk it through and dont worry about it. All the other teachers are fantastic! Some of the ladies at the front desk are not always friendly-seems like they have a lot of "bad days"

Posted May 10, 2010
Love this school!! The staff is amazing. The Parents are amazing and the activities are so much fun. I feel comfortable sending my son here everyday.

Posted April 21, 2010
Jack barnes has awesom teachers students and a wonderful pto. Children love it and learn a ton of stuff.They have great rewards and treats for kids.Everyone should love it!!! its great.I wish that other people think so too! i love that school

Posted April 12, 2010
I love this school. We debated over the charter school up the road or Jack Barnes. The teachers are great front desk staff is super. It is all around an awesome school.

Jack Barnes Elementary School 0

Posted December 21, 2009
I think this school is fantastic! The teachers are so dedicated and create such a warm and nurchuring environment for the students to learn in. My son and daughter have attended Jack Barnes for a few years and still love to go to school everyday. The only negative is the PTO that seems to have their favorite parents that they cater to and leave the rest out so it doesnt create that sense of belonging but thats a small part of the whole picture.

Jack Barnes Elementary School 0

Posted December 14, 2009
This school doesnt mess around!!! They are quicker than any school I have ever seen getting testing completed for speech or 504's. The staff is always NICE!!! Great job!

Jack Barnes Elementary School
20750 S. 214th Street, Queen Creek, AZ  85242
Last modified Jack Barnes Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jack Barnes Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 31 reviews.