Posted April 09, 2015
The staff at this school is devoted to the students that they service. The new administration works hard to improve this school on a consistent basis. Kudos to them for always doing right by children

San Tan Heights Elementary School 4

Posted April 07, 2015
San Tan Heights Elementary is a hidden gem. This is not the San Tan Heights Elementary of years ago, this is a new and improved school. The Prinicipal; Mr. Moncibaez and assistant Principal; Mrs. Hall are working hard to change the image of this school and raise the bar in academics, teacher accountability, student/parent accountability, after school programs and more. You can't take the "ratings" of a school and run with it, there are so many things that go into a schools "ratings" that are not dependent on the teachers and/or staff. This is a public school that is required to welcome every student from every back ground, no matter what and help make them succeed. There are good teachers at bad rated" schools and there are bad teachers at good rated" schools. You won't find a perfect school out there, be proactive, be a part of your child's education and that doesn't mean sitting at your computer and name calling. I can say I have always volunteered at my children's school, there is not a better way to see the inner workings of a school or a better way to truly know and understand who is teaching your child.

Posted December 21, 2014
Most unprofessional people I have ever dealt with. There are more excuses than answers to problems. When there was a lockdown at the school, parents like me were waiting at the gate to get our kids and no one ever bothered to tell us there was a lockdown. Some parents got a phone call, others did not get anything or got a call HOURS after the fact. There was no explanation as to why we were all standing around waiting for our kids and they were not being brought out. There are cases of bullying that go unaddressed or if it is addressed, the child behaving poorly is rewarded in an effort to get them to behave. If you are looking for a free babysitter for your unruly child, this is definitely your school!
6 people found this helpful

Posted December 03, 2014
This used to be a good school until the current principal took over. I pulled my child out because he was being bullied and the principal would not do anything about it....even after I had a meeting with him. All I wanted was for him to tell the child who was harassing my son, to leave him alone. Not that much to ask for! So much for a zero tolerance policy!

San Tan Heights Elementary School 3

Posted December 01, 2014
Our child is in the 4th grade and just started there and she says that the school is wonderful. We have not had a chance to verify that yet but we do believe her.

Posted November 20, 2014
This school is not safe. I currently have my two children attending this school and I will be taking them out to attend another school. One of my children was being bullied on the bus by a much older kid. He was choked, his eyes were being poked, written on with marker, and his head being smashed against the window of the bus. When I found out about it I was not told by the principal or vice principal who was aware of the incident I found out from my child. The principal and vice principal failed to inform me that my child was bullied because they were "too busy" to call me and let me know what had happened. They have not even informed the other parents of the kid that was doing the bullying and it has been 4 days now. They know who this kid is because this is not the first incident. I have spoken to other parents and most of them have the same problem and nothing is ever done about it. Some parents I spoke to also had changed schools because they did nothing about their kid being bullied. So to all parents looking to enroll their children here be aware.
5 people found this helpful

Posted August 08, 2014
My child was treated horribly at this school. A few great teachers but vice principal Katie Hall is extremely unprofessional. They do not at all focus on the education the students deserve to receive. The parking lots and pick up areas are severely chaotic. Staff park in the closest available spots forcing parents to park further. Not a good school on any level.

Posted March 21, 2014
I am a parent that has two students that attend San Tan Heights Elementary and after reading the post "Most uncaring and unsafe" I was compelled to post what my experience is. I find San Tan Heights to be a very caring and very safe school. The staff and administration are hard working, approachable, and whenever I have had a concern it was handled in a quick, professional manner. So I'm suspect to believe that there must be something more to this posting, ie: disgruntled employee or a parent that just didn't get their way. From my experience over the past two years I have never witnessed this behavior nor have I heard from other parents, that have children that attend this school, that they have experienced these issues either. My experience has been very positive for both my children and my children aren't always angels either. :)
2 people found this helpful

Posted March 20, 2014
Most uncaring, unsafe, unprofessional school any of my children have ever attended. Principal refuses to deal with anything unpleasant, thus children with behavior issues, bullies, etc... are free to do as they please at the expense of other students rights to an education. District and administration seem to knowingly turn a blind eye, resulting in this district as well as this school itself being ranked among the lowest in the state of Az. If you are considering this school for your child, run, don't walk to another district.

Posted October 24, 2013
I have two grand children that go to this school. My grand son is on the honor roll. I am pleased with the staff, education they are getting and how friendly they are. Also I feel safe sending them there.

San Tan Heights Elementary School
2500 W. San Tan Heights Blvd., Queen Creek, AZ  85242
Last modified San Tan Heights Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
San Tan Heights Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 117 reviews. Top