Queen Creek, AZ

Posted April 12, 2015
If you read through some older posts here, please understand that Simonton is under new leadership now. Many posts are older and speak to concerns about things that happened years ago when other principals were there. Many changes have been made in the last year. Simonton has hard-working teachers, an amazing principal who cares about the students, and there are many opportunities for parent involvement. It is a safe school, and I know my child is getting challenged each day. Students learn about the 7 Habits and are respected. We love the community and feel fortunate to have such a great school in the area.

Posted April 07, 2015
A fantastic school with amazing teachers and wonderful leadership. Very proud to have my children attending.

Posted April 07, 2015
Sincerely love being part of the school. A positive and encouraging learning environment. So many active parents and kind motivated teachers!

Posted April 07, 2015
The best work environment I have ever had. An amazing school with wonderful families and a supportive administrative team.

Posted April 06, 2015
Simonton Elementary School is dedicated to providing a quality educational experience to the whole child. We offer rigorous academic work, character education, and civics lessons. Our students learn about the 7 Habits of Highly Effective People and our student leaders recite the Pledge of Allegiance, our Student Character Pledge, and the Declaration of Independence daily.

Posted November 24, 2014
I love this school and I have 2 kids that have attended this school and one is still there. They have a new principal and he seems very engaged and very interested in making this school the best it can be

Kathryn Sue Simonton Elementary School 2

Posted May 18, 2013
A good school for children in lower grades, but bullying issues with administration doing nothing about the issue in the upper grades. Very disappointed this year in this school on attention to major problems.

Posted August 14, 2012
Very happy with the school so far. Very nice facilities, plenty of room for the students and a staff that has experience. They are a "B" rated school but only missed an "A" rating by a couple of points. The teachers seem to focus on positive reinforcement rather than negative as many young teachers do.

Kathryn Sue Simonton Elementary School 1

Posted May 09, 2012
I was not impressed in the least. The teachers we good for the most part but the district as a whole needs a LOT of improvement. Ending up pulling my kids (not because of the teachers) because of the poor practices of the district.

Posted March 21, 2011
I have lived very close in proximity to this schools for over 6 years now. Prior to this year, I didn't have any children old enough to attend. I must admit that the reason I purchased my house in the location that it resides was partly due to the closeness to the school. Now that my child attends Kindergarten here, I am quite impressed. Before enrolling my child, I was concerned as there are many children that live in the neighborhood that go to the newer charter type schools that have opened up recently. This made me question whether or not Simonton was the right school for us. After a referral to my child's teacher, I was elated with the outcome of this school year. I think that you should consider all of the negatives you are hearing and research them for yourself. I haven't had any issues with the school and my child's teacher is very warm, caring and provides a great learning environment. Also, the parent involvement is outstanding. I think you can send your child to the "worst or best" school out there, but yout child's education really comes down to how much you are willing to put in to him/her.

Kathryn Sue Simonton Elementary School
40300 N. Simonton Blvd, Queen Creek, AZ  85240
Last modified Kathryn Sue Simonton Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kathryn Sue Simonton Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 49 reviews. Top