Frances Brandon-Pickett Elementary School

Public | K-4 | 504 students

Sweep tile

Posted September 11, 2013

My grandkids are realtively new to FBP Elementary. Last Friday (Sept.7) they had Grandparents Day at the school. It was awesome! Not perfect but pretty close, especially when you consider you were working with that many K-4th graders who all wanted to show off who they are to their grandparents.

Posted May 30, 2010

We moved to Queen Creek in '09 and we're nervous about putting our son in a new School. The staff made us feel so welcome and the transition very easy! In the 14+ years of having both our sons in public Schools, FBPE has been hands down the best School! Our son has made tremendous progress, we finally have him in a School that understands and cares about his needs and takes the time to listen. They have the greatest p/up and drop off system.. No traffic or screaming parents... the staff and volunteers are outside in the rain or 120* heat every school day directing cars and making sure our students are safe. Loads of thanks and appreciation to the wonderful staff , awesome volunteers and excellent Teachers!! As our son would say "you rock!"

Posted March 7, 2010

Excellent school. Positive approach that rewards student effort and behavior. Two thumbs up.

Posted August 10, 2009

This school is so wonderful, I was very nervous putting my son into Kindergarten this year as he is my first to go to school. Pickett Elementary has made all my worries disappear the staff is amazing and my son absolutely loves to go to school everyday! I couldn't be happier with this school it is absolutely amazing!! The district we live in has a horrible reputation so I feel very blessed to have gotten my son into Pickett!! Keep up the good work Pickett!

Posted August 7, 2008

My daughter just finished her 5th Grade year, she had Mr Collins, he was an excellent teacher. My daughter excelled and is now in Honors Classes in Middle School I think Mr Collins is a big part of that! Great School was said to her my daughter have to leave.

Posted May 27, 2008

end of year update for our first grader (see november 27,2007 post). now that all is said and done, we love pickett. our daughter's new teacher was great, good activities, good staff. we need more pto involvement and fundraisers. other schools in the district do really well with pto fundraising. pick up the slack and pickett will be even better.

Posted November 27, 2007

first year for our first grader who went to private school last year. with so many new students this year we were worried because we got a new teacher. but so far so good and she really loves it there. but she's always telling us about the 'bad' kids and wild kids so we question the ability of staff to discipline and help promote good learning vs. teaching around distractions.

Posted July 21, 2007

In the short time this school has been open, the administration has established a positive and learning-promoting culture. They are fantastic. Two thumbs up.

Posted April 1, 2007

We recently moved to Queen Creek (1/07) and I was worried about my daughter starting in the middle of the school year. The staff and children made her feel right at home! She LOVES waking up and going to school every morning! This is a GREAT school! :)

Posted March 29, 2007

I have been very please with the care of each student. I have a 4rd grader in Mr. Keasler classroom and he is wounderful I don't thing I have seen so much individual attention on the students, like they have in F.B.P.E.S.

Posted February 26, 2007

Frances Brandon Pickett is the best Elementary School in the Queen Creek District. Mrs. Carr is involved and cares for her students. The Teachers & Staff do a good job. I would like to see more parents getting involved in their child's education. It's great having a school 'in the neighborhood' but I can't tell you how many times I have walked in the building and have not been recognized or acknowledged. I would like to see more precautions for the safety of my children. The school puts out a nice newsletter, The Pickett Post, but it's not consistent. The school's website is not updated. Parents are not always informed of what is going on.

Posted December 18, 2006

I am so impressed with Brandon pickett elementary. My child has been excelling beyond expectations. The Principal is involved and truly cares about the well being of the children and his or her learning process.

Posted October 21, 2006

My son really loves this school! The classrooms have cool technology, such as 'Smart Boards'. The principal, Mrs. Carr, does Principal Challenges through out the school year. They are not easy and are age appropriate. The teachers there are great and very caring. When they know the student is capable of performing harder tasks, they know when to give them that little push for them to shine.

Math

The state average for Math was 69% in 2013.

117 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 75% in 2013.

117 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % meets or exceeds

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

104 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 77% in 2013.

104 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % meets or exceeds

Source: Arizona Department of Education

• In 2010-2011, this school was designated "Excelling".
  • In 2009-2010, this school was designated "Excelling".
  • In 2008-2009, this school was designated "Excelling".

Asian 1% 3%
Source: NCES, 2010-2011

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 39%N/A46%
Source: NCES, 2010-2011

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Targeted Assistance program (TAS)

Apply now