Queen Creek, AZ

Posted May 22, 2015
The Harmon experience is not just great but awesome. They family atmosphere is comforting and I feel the students are put first. The staff, students and parents are a great second family.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted May 22, 2015
The teachers at the JO Combs School District are continually taking time out from their regular teaching day to learn and use the most up to date teaching methods. They not only give assessments but read the data and act upon it accordingly. It was very informative during conferences to know where my child was testing at and what the teachers plan was to move him to the next level.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted May 22, 2015
Harmon Elementary participates in the "character counts" program. There is a student of the month based on the 7 pillars of character. Each campus in the JO Combs District sends a student to the monthly board meetings to be recognized as student of the month based on the character counts program. This helps the students not only learn about character but encourages them to practice as well as reward them for the their efforts.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted May 22, 2015
My children have all attended Harmon Elementary from Kindergarten on up. I am pleased that my children are safe, happy, and educated at Harmon Elementary. Principal Beauchene in a welcome addition to the already awesome staff. I am excited to know that there was minimal turnover within the staff so the awesome teachers are coming back for the 2015-2016 turnover. The school is "family" centered from the staff, students and parents. The ladies in the front office are always inviting and welcoming so make sure you check it out...

Posted January 25, 2015
My son has attended Harmon since Kindergarten. He's now in 2nd grade and absolutely loves it! Excellent teachers/staff whom are welcoming and helpful. If you want a GREAT school for your child, bring him/her to Harmon :)

Posted October 25, 2014
We love this school! The principal, Mr. Singley, is always out and involved in every aspect of this school. He emphasizes good character, morals, values, and of course academics. Both of my children have attended since kindergarten and have tested above the nations average in all areas consistently. The staff here is so friendly and they really make it a point to say hello to every student and parent. I support my school 100% and love the fact that it is in safe walking distance from our house. Get involved and support your local school!

Posted October 18, 2014
My son has attended this school for 4 yrs and every teacher he has had have been awesome and great at listening to any concerns and working with me to help my son! My daughter is now attending kinder and she loves it and has been learning a lot! I also volunteer regularly and I must say that all of Harmon's staff are respectful, courteous, and friendly! In my opinion this school is an excellent school with an excellent principal!

Posted October 17, 2014
My children have been at this school since the first day its' doors opened. We have seen many changes but are more than happy with the education they have received there. The staff goes above and beyond being employees, they truly care about each student. I have never seen a principal learn student's names as fast as Mr. Singley. I would definitely recommend this school to anyone I know.

Posted October 16, 2014
I have been very impressed with Harmon. I have 3 children that attend there and am grateful for such a strong and supportive staff. The principal has been amazing and is very attentive to his students and their needs. I have been extremely happy with my children's teachers. They always make sure my children are getting the extra push they need and desire as they are all high achievers. I would highly recommend choosing this school. Have been very happy with my children's education at this school.

Jack Harmon Elementary School 4

Posted February 17, 2014
Mr Singley is a great principal. The school gym/cafeteria is dirty. The breakfast and lunches are pitiful. The front office staff is amazing. The teachers are great. The curriculum that they are forced to teach is not the best, but there are charter schools in the area that you can choose from. If your child is not white, then don't consider the charter schools. They will feel more comfortable at Harmon or Ellsworth as a non-white child. Otherwise, I like Harmon. The parent pickup is nice. The extra curricular activities are better than Combs Traditional Academy, but the curriculum does not "push" your child to succeed. That is something you need to do at home regardless of where your child will go.

39315 N. Cortona Drive, Queen Creek, AZ  85240
Last modified Jack Harmon Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jack Harmon Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 41 reviews. Top