Queen Creek, AZ

Posted January 25, 2015
My son has attended Harmon since Kindergarten. He's now in 2nd grade and absolutely loves it! Excellent teachers/staff whom are welcoming and helpful. If you want a GREAT school for your child, bring him/her to Harmon :)

Posted October 25, 2014
We love this school! The principal, Mr. Singley, is always out and involved in every aspect of this school. He emphasizes good character, morals, values, and of course academics. Both of my children have attended since kindergarten and have tested above the nations average in all areas consistently. The staff here is so friendly and they really make it a point to say hello to every student and parent. I support my school 100% and love the fact that it is in safe walking distance from our house. Get involved and support your local school!

Posted October 18, 2014
My son has attended this school for 4 yrs and every teacher he has had have been awesome and great at listening to any concerns and working with me to help my son! My daughter is now attending kinder and she loves it and has been learning a lot! I also volunteer regularly and I must say that all of Harmon's staff are respectful, courteous, and friendly! In my opinion this school is an excellent school with an excellent principal!

Posted October 17, 2014
My children have been at this school since the first day its' doors opened. We have seen many changes but are more than happy with the education they have received there. The staff goes above and beyond being employees, they truly care about each student. I have never seen a principal learn student's names as fast as Mr. Singley. I would definitely recommend this school to anyone I know.

Posted October 16, 2014
I have been very impressed with Harmon. I have 3 children that attend there and am grateful for such a strong and supportive staff. The principal has been amazing and is very attentive to his students and their needs. I have been extremely happy with my children's teachers. They always make sure my children are getting the extra push they need and desire as they are all high achievers. I would highly recommend choosing this school. Have been very happy with my children's education at this school.

Jack Harmon Elementary School 4

Posted February 17, 2014
Mr Singley is a great principal. The school gym/cafeteria is dirty. The breakfast and lunches are pitiful. The front office staff is amazing. The teachers are great. The curriculum that they are forced to teach is not the best, but there are charter schools in the area that you can choose from. If your child is not white, then don't consider the charter schools. They will feel more comfortable at Harmon or Ellsworth as a non-white child. Otherwise, I like Harmon. The parent pickup is nice. The extra curricular activities are better than Combs Traditional Academy, but the curriculum does not "push" your child to succeed. That is something you need to do at home regardless of where your child will go.

Jack Harmon Elementary School 3

Posted February 14, 2014
My child has an IEP. He is on the autism spectrum. The only reason he attends Harmon is because of the wonderful special needs classes, student ratio and integration into regular classes. He has never been bullied and is treated like everyone else. The program that is implemented is helpful at home and meetings are detailed and comprehensive. If you have a special needs child, these teachers and assistants truly care and help your child overcome. We have made so much progress that you can no longer tell he has speech/cognitive delays.

Jack Harmon Elementary School 1

Posted March 09, 2013
We've given this school a shot for almost 3 years. It's gotten so bad that we wont even finish the year. The principal is a micromanager with no children skills, the counselor is a buzzword spinning UOP graduate, and the teachers are so overwhelmed that I don't blame them for giving up and acting like spoiled teenage babysitters. The cafeteria food is an unhealthy, disgusting joke; art/PE/music are essentially nonexistent. If your child ever does anything wrong, you can guarantee that she will be BULLIED and called out for her entire time at the school, not only by fellow students at the teachers urging, but also by the teachers and staff themselves. Harmon's idea of education is to keep kids in their seats and hand out worksheet after worksheet or timed tests of rote memorization--sad, considering how absolutely DISMAL their test results are. Heaven forbid you have a child who is not a mindless drone. There is very little hands on that isn't a repetition of the activities the kids have done for years. The PTSO is a nice enough group of ladies, if clique-y, but they're putting lipstick on a pig, an abusive, unfriendly pig who is detrimental to the proper education of any child.

Posted July 25, 2012
I am excited to have 6th grade at the school this year. All four of our kids will be attending this year. I love the neighborhood feel! Just a few of the things that Harmon does well... Online grades, online behavior reports, AR (Accelerated Reader). individualized teaching/planning based on my children's needs, friendly teachers, fabulous band program. Totally happy there!

Posted July 31, 2011
We are looking forward to another great year at Harmon. Instruction here is based on the needs of the students. I love the enrichment program they offer for math and reading. All kids are taught lessons first in their home room based on state standards. The teachers then evaluate DAILY how the kids are grasping the required information. Those that need to review meet together to be retaught and practice. Those that have it meet together are are given more challenging material. It takes a lot of work on the part of the teachers and I appreciate the work they are doing. I don't appreciate negative reviews by people who spent 1 week at the school 5 years ago. I don't know why they would feel the need to come on 5 years later and trash the schools rating. I have 3 kids at the school and we love it!

Jack Harmon Elementary School
39315 N. Cortona Drive, Queen Creek, AZ  85240
Last modified Jack Harmon Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jack Harmon Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 50 reviews. Top