Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

I normally wouldn't give a school five stars, but I feel passionate about the teachers and administration. I pulled my son out of a traditional academy because I felt that the amount of homework he was receiving was overwhelming. He was excelling, so it pained me to reluctantly pull him out and send him to our home school. I was worried that he would be ahead of all the children, and the curriculum wouldn't be rigorous enough. Fortunately, I was pleasantly surprised! He was challenged, and his teacher was warm and kind. I've never felt that there's a concern I can't voice. Instead, I've found intelligent, passionate teachers who care about the success of their students. He has now been at Cortina for two years, and I'm very happy with our choice.

Very good school my niece and nephew both went there now my daughter will keep up the tradition.

We are very pleased with this school. This is my son's 3 year at Cortina and he is excelling in every area. Communication with the teachers has been perfect and the leadership has been outstanding.

I think that Cortina Elementary is one if not the best schools around. I did plenty of research for public schools and I am so impressed. The staff from the front office all the way to lunchroom staff are great. My grandaughter just loves everyone there. GO TIGERS!

Worst school my kids attended. My 3rd grade son was being bullied by another student in the class and when we spoke to his teacher about it she refused to do anything because it wasn't INSIDE the classroom. My daughter was diagnosed with ADD and they resisted doing the 504 plan until I finally called the district. The worst though was at the end of the school year my daughter was inappropriately harrassed by another student and we didn't find out about it until 2 weeks after school ended when our daughter mentioned it! We called the school and v. principle denied being told even though my daughter told her and her homeroom teacher. We even called the district to complain and they ignored all our phone calls. This school is ridiculous, all they care about is their test scores and image.

My son attended Kindergarten here and it will be his last year. I was actually very relieved the year was over! Be prepared to not have much communication with your childs teacher because his teacher hardly ever made an effort. I feel for her though because she had 28 kids in her class! When we were told there wouldn't be more then 23! There were also times where she seemed too uptight with the kids and she is known for being "strict", it's kindergarten for goodness sake! Our son would get yellow lights on occasion (got in trouble) and her reasoning was because he was "being silly". It was very irritating because how do I dicipline a 5yr old for being silly!! Finally I had to tell her to be more specific! There is hardly any supervision during the morning hours before the bell rings and at lunch recess. Kids get away with entirely too much and it literally made me sick the type of behaviors I would see at such young ages..He will be in private school from now on where the curriculum is 10 times better, smaller class sizes and a place that has moral standards! It's really the best thing to do if you want higher standards for your kids. Could say allot more but they don't allow room

There must be a reason this school lost nearly 20 teachers from last school year. The best decision I made was removing my children from this school. They are constantly threatening to place children in an "alternative learning center" for getting poor grades rather than working to discover the problem. There are a few great teacher here, but many appear to be teaching for the wrong reasons. My children are doing much better academically, socially and behaviorally in there new school.

Higley, including Cortina, have outscored Gilbert and Chandler, and all other East Valley Districts this year on AIMS. Higley also had the highest Science scores in the East Valley. I'm sorry to the parents who took their children out too soon to see the benefits of hard work, patience and dedication. Higley's 3rd graders had the highest Reading and Math scores of all the East Valley, this trend will continue, Congrats Higley and Cortina! Cortina is an Excelling School, which means it is meeting the neeeds of EVERY student.

My son attended Cortina for kindergarten and first grade. His teachers both years were wonderful. His reading and math are at an advanced level and I know that his teachers are to thank for that. I am extremely happy with Cortina and I have extremly high expectations when it comes to my sons education.

The principal of this school has done some things that have made Cortina better, but a lot of things that have limited it's opportunity to be the best. For one he has pushed out quality staff that helped make this school what it is today. It's a shame that they are losing so many great teachers next year. After he moved all the teachers to grades he thought suited them best this year, he now will have a majority of new staff next year. The instability of this school is what holds it back. I will be moving my child to another district next year. Higley is just not up to par with other more established districts.

Last modified Cortina Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.