Eduprize School - Queen Creek Campus

Charter | K-8 | 1700 students

Live Learning Labs

Living in Queen Creek

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $138,200. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,080.

Posted April 2, 2011

To the parent who commented that they've never been to a site where so many teachers have rated their school, well I bet you've never been to a school where so many teachers care!

Posted April 1, 2011

This is hands down the best school in all of San Tan Valley . After trying several public schools and being shocked at the way the children act and no discipline and being afraid to send your children there i felt blessed to find eduprize where you can tell parents that put their children in the school really care. My children love it we feel safe and the school has many wonderful programs. Mrs. Fatka is a wonderful teacher my daughter has had her for 3rd and 4th grade and she is her favorite teacher ever!! we also have a son that went to kindergarten and 1st grade. i would absolutely recommend this school!! And I am a very picky parent...

Posted March 4, 2011

Drop-off and uncaring feeling are concerns. 1. 3 double drop-off lanes of car traffic for kids to cross...with minimal safety aides. Kids are only feet away from cars. 2. No safety barrier between cars and school sidewalk - mostly un-attended drop-offs. 3. Use of child door locks are NOT "encouraged" for drop-off. Aides are instructed by management to only initially help kindergarten kids out of cars in the beginning of the school year...parents are instructed not to get out of their car. 4. Aide interaction is about moving the car more than helping your child. More of an issue with younger children leaving their parents. 5. Single lane access to school so driving off-road to get around very long lines of cars is common. 6. Been mistakenly called 2 times this year asking why our child is not in school...after dropping them off at school ourselves! Reason for writing this is after 2 years of repeated safety complaints or disconnected aide/management interactions...nothing changes. Only a lawsuit will eventually get their attention. When you run a school for children yet parents are shown their child is not the priority...something is wrong.

Posted March 4, 2011

Im amazed to hear such negative comments! I moved to Arizona 3 years ago, for the sole purpose of my son going to this unbelievable school. I heard about this school, came and visited and then moved my family to Arizona when he was offered a spot at this school. I can say that the aides do an amazing job of moving cars through carpool safely with the help of the teachers. Everyone is always very professional and friendly. I feel sad for those that have had a negative experience at this school. I can't even comprehend the schools that they must be accustomed to, if Eduprize isnt a 5 star school. My son has 22 students in his class right now; much different from what I have heard of the neighborhood public schools. Nothing is going to please everyone; but as for me, I could not ask for anything more. My son is safe, he is being challenged, his AIMS scores were amazing last year, the school has wonderful teachers that love their job, and Eduprize hasnt laid off 1 teacher since it opened. That gives me peace of mind in an economy where many schools are laying teachers off and splitting their classes up in the middle of the school year

Posted March 1, 2011

I'm bucking the trend here & not gush re: Eduprize. When you have a situation where a child has been called a name by a teacher in front of students, it is clear whose camp the admin. is in. I ask parents to consider that if the staff are blindly defending the teacher, who is advocating for your child? I was told that even though many kids witnessed the insult, none would be asked b/c it wouldn't be "appropriate" & that "teachers are only human." I contend that not interviewing them is inappropriate..it puts all power in the hands of the teachers & zero in the students'. It puts in question that if indeed their policy is not to ask others to get to the truth, who does that empower in cases of assault, abuse, and neglect? This "defend the teacher at all costs" is a dangerous game to play & puts our children at risk for abuse at the hands of the "we don't investigate" policy. And while name-calling of a 5 year is a minor infraction, it doesn't feel that way when it's your child whom is scared of one of the very people whose job it is to protect her. What (in)action would be taken if something serious were to occur? Fair warning: They're on the teacher's side, not your child's.

Posted January 14, 2011

This school is fabulous! My daughter has been going there for 2 yrs and she has excelled in so many ways. She has scored higher on her AIMS tests since starting this school. She is now in the top 10 in her class. The parent involvement is great! I love getting all the positive feedback from her teacher and helping them out. This school is above and beyond levels of other schools around. Teachers are held to a higher standard, which is great! The students are also held to a higher standard which makes them into great adults. So very happy with this school, my children will never go to another elem. jr high school.!

Posted June 6, 2010

I've had 3 kids in Eduprize, One since it opened, a first grader, and Kinder. We love the school. There are alot of other choices out there, and we did try other schools before Eduprize opened.. NOTHING COMPARES! The teachers are great! They are held to very high standards, and truly care about the kids! The administration has proved to really be on top of things, at all times, and as a parent, I have never been so happy with a school! We've even moved, and I choose to drive alot further than I need to, just so that my kids can continue to go to school there. It's worth every minute of my time!

Posted May 25, 2010

My son has been attending this school since it opened in 2007 and he is doing excellent compared to the public schools and other charter school he attended prior to Eduprize. I love the fact that they offer different schedules for the students. The T.O.P.S. program makes it easier for working parents. I am and continue to be impressed by this school. Way to go Eduprize!

Posted April 22, 2010

My kindergartner is already doing first grade work. There curriculum and staff are awesome! Parents are very involved and this is what helps the school and children succeed!

Posted April 22, 2010

My daughters kindergarten year has been fantastic. The 80 hour volunteer committment changes the tenor of school since parents are more like co-teachers and their opinions matter. In an economy where budgets are cut, I feel Eduprize does an above average job utilizing the resources they have. They don't waste on school buses, or lunch programs. It is a noticeable difference between performance of my children and those in another area school. Mainly because Eduprize sets the learning metrics above other schools and state standards. Moreover, they actually teach your child based on their current performance which continually challenges and pushes them to excel. I would happily continue sending my child here and would recommend it way above others in the immediate area.

Posted February 23, 2010

I wonder about a school where the majority of the comments are from the teachers that are employeed there. Was there a staff meeting that it was decided to put comments on GreatSchools?

Posted November 4, 2009

Communication is great. Attendance is real strict.

Posted October 26, 2009

This school is excellent. The work atmosphere is wonderful. Everyone is willing to help. There is constant professional development available to become better at the profession. In addition, there are an abundant amount of resources at teacher's disposal.

Posted October 21, 2009

I am a new teacher at the Queen Creek Campus this year. I recently moved from a wonderful school district in Illinois and I have to say I am so utterly amazed at the wonderful things going on at our school. The administration is the best I have ever worked for in all of my career. The teachers are professional and supportive. I hope to stay here until I retire!

Posted October 19, 2009

My children have been attending EDUPRIZE for 3 years now. The Education is wonderful, the teachers are awesome they love the kids. Some of the staff is rather snooty and treat people bad infront of others. The ladies at the front desk are awesome, most of your aides are great with the exception of no leadership. The new copy lady is so rude to the parents, which makes me never want to volunteer. The specialist are wonderful. The education though is what it is about.

Posted October 14, 2009

My family and I love Eduprize! This is our second year at the school, and I'm amazed at what they have done in the short amount of time they've been open. My kids are challenged at their level and are able to experience hands-on activities through theme based cottages. The teachers are always in communication with me and I know that my kids are in good hands. Overall, my husband and I are very pleased with the experience we've had thus far. We'll continue to be part of the Eduprize community and all that it has to offer!

Posted October 12, 2009

When I first moved out to Queen Creek I looked at the School Districts out here and thought to myself, the housing market better rebound before my little one starts attending school. Once Eduprize was built, everything changed. I can't stress the fact that this school is light years ahead of the public schools in the area. From the curriculum, to the staff, this school bleeds excellence. The teachers at Eduprize are the best of the best, and seem to all come from an experienced background. My only problem with Eduprize is that they only go from k-8, so I have no clue what I'm going to do when my little one has to start high school. I'm worried that the structure, and education that my little one is gaining from Eduprize will be lost in the FUSD system. I guess we'll cross that road when we get there.

Posted October 3, 2009

I have been teaching five years now. This is my third year here at Eduprize. I feel proud to say I work for this school! I love my career and and it's because of my wonderful students and their terrific families, fabulous co-workers, and superb leadership. The support from the administration is unmatched. They give you the tools you need to help you be successful. I am very proud to be a part of this amazing school!

Posted October 2, 2009

I am a parent and teacher at EDUPRIZE. I love the support we recieve for students, parents, and teachers. I have never worked for a better school. The administration is phenomenal. Joyce Fox a such a caring, wonderful principal who cares about everyone and wants to help in any way she can. I have never had a better principal for my daughter or as a teacher. The curriculum is fantastic. My daughter comes home happy every day and can tell me many new things she has learned in all academic areas. All the teachers are wonderful and highly qualified. I couldn't be more thrilled to have the honor of working at such a fine school.

Posted October 1, 2009

I am a teacher at Eduprize and am proud to say I am also a parent of Eduprize. I feel so fortunate to have my sons attend such an outstanding school with administration and staff that TRULY CARE about my children's academics and well being. I, like other parents get the pleasure of volunteering in my 3 kids classrooms and I realize what a valuable resource and tool I am for their teachers. As a teacher, I feel so blessed to have a wonderful group of supportive parents who want to help their kiddos become successful in their education. They understand the importance of giving time to the classroom and to their child at home. Regarding the Life Fund, I too pay it and without hesitation. I see how that money is utilized and know that it is to help my children experience above average fieldtrips and presentations.

Math

The state average for Math was 69% in 2013.

251 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 75% in 2013.

251 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

210 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 77% in 2013.

211 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 79% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 56% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 79% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 85% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 52% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 58% in 2013.

73 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 72% in 2013.

73 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Source: Arizona Department of Education

• In 2010-2011, this school was designated "Highly Performing".
  • In 2009-2010, this school was designated "Highly Performing".
  • In 2008-2009, this school was designated "Excelling".

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 2% 3%

Male 251%N/A51%
Source: 1 NCES, 2010-2011
Source: 2 NCES, 2011-2012

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Teacher aid/assistant teacher
Speech and language therapist(s)
Special education coordinator
Instructional aide(s)/coach(es)
Gifted specialist(s)
Computer specialist(s)
Assistant principal(s)
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Awards

Academic awards received in the past 3 years
  • A+ (2013)

Special education / special needs

Level of special education programming offered
  • Special education coordinator
  • Speech and language therapist(s)

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Gym

Gifted & talented

• Gifted specialist(s)
  • National Honor Society

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school
  • After school
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
  • Coed
Is there an application process?
Fax number
  • (480) 888-1655

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• STEM

• PE instructor(s)
  • Reading specialist(s)
  • Robotics/Technology specialist(s)
  • School psychologist
  • School social worker/counselors(s)
  • Special education coordinator

Performing arts
  • Drama
Media arts

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Art club

School culture

Dress Code
  • Dress code
Bullying policy
  • This school has a bullying and/or cyber bullying policy in place.
  • Attend parent nights
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Coach sports teams or extracurricular activities
  • Join PTO/PTA
  • Organize cultural events
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Present special topics during curricular units
  • Serve on school improvement team or governance council
  • Tutor