Eduprize School

now at your
fingertips »

Sweep tile

Posted April 16, 2013

I can't say enough about EDUPRIZE. When I came to tour the Queen Creek Campus before my daughter started Kindergarten, I walked the halls with tears in my eyes. I knew then and there that she would be given a private school education for free! EDUPRIZE has not disapointed at all. She is now finishing 3rd grade and I am astouded at all that she is learning daily. I am now working at the school and have seen all sides, the teachers care, the curriculum is fabulous and children are taught to the ability and level. I love the science based curriculum and the differentiated learning that takes place everywhere. I do believe that EDUPRIZE is the only choice for a school in the San Tan Valley!

Posted February 1, 2013

I heard about Eduprize from several mothers before making the time to check out the school. Knowing what I know now, I think I wasted a year of my daughter's life at our neighborhood school. She was not pushed everyday because their was not a system for daily volunteers and the security was just horrible...and I let them know it. But nothing changed and I found that Eduprize builds their schools secure (by design) then staffs them correctly. The staff are able to memorize names & faces to the point that 5 staff members could say Hi to my children by name within the first 3 weeks. The school has had NO issues that I can name and I am in the school everyday looking for them! The main things that is different from all other schools is the volunteers. Imagine what you could do with an extra 4 hours of help a day. This not a dream at Eduprize, this is the contract a parent signs ensuring they will help in some way- any way they can work it into their schedule. This changed everything...because now the parents are experiencing the classroom and learning about the students and the assignments. They now relearn it and GET IT! So you have 22 kids in a class, 1 teacher and 30+ volunteers!

Posted May 27, 2012

I have been at this school since it opened in 2007 and I think it is the best school around! Even though there are over 1800 students it still feels like a private school. The students are exposed to so much less then what students are exposed to at a regular public school. The school has high morals and ethics and instill it in the students. When there are incidents they are handled very quickly and effectively. Is this school perfect of course not. No school is, but is it the best school in Pinal county you bet it is!!

Posted May 10, 2012

Every student and their situation is unique and handled on an individual basis. If any parent needs clarification regarding their child's progress and ability to advance to the next grade level, please contact the teachers directly.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted May 9, 2012

I don't understand how a student can graduate if they have failed most of their 8th grade......Grades were terrible and not turning in assignments....Please explain.. Thank you...

Posted March 22, 2012

We were hesitant to move our 2nd and 3rd graders, mid-year from a great school in our old neighborhood but we received positive feedback on this school, and it was right-on! Great teachers that really care about the kids; apporopriate amount of homework; excellent school-to-home communication; accountability for kids; respectful atmosphere; lots of opportunitites to be involved at the school and participate in school-based activities.

Posted March 19, 2012

So far I 'm pleased with this school. I've already received much more communication in our 1st week than any other school my children have attended. Another parent complained about homework, but coming from schools with none I welcome it. I know what my children are learning, and I am able to help tutor them in areas they may struggle in. I love the early release TOPS program, our days seemed to go by so fast with a 2:45 release time; we had no time for anything at night. The drop off/pick up is smooth flowing. I am not sure how I feel about the school as a whole as of yet, but I will say that my first impression is very good. My son's teacher offered to meet with me during her spring break, and seemed to really care about what I had to say. I also think it is great that they offer morning and afternoon programs as to allow more children the opportunity to attend a great school, as we were able to enroll very quickly and painlessly. The ladies at the front are very sweet, and other parents seem really caring as well. I am very happy to see I have options other than the very low rating school in our neighborhood. As for wanting $, alls schools have fundraisers. Nothing new!

Posted January 19, 2012

My son attends EDUPRIZE and is very excited about the technology that is implemented in the daily classes. He enjoys the Life Learning Labs like Dinosaur Dig, Botanical Garden, the different Labs and the diversity in teaching methods. We are fortunate to have EDUPRIZE..

Posted January 18, 2012

Greatest School Ever!!! There were not a lot of good options for our children in this area until EDUPRIZE came to us. We were lucky enough to get in and have continued to be amazed every year since. Our kids not only excel in academics and enjoy the creative science focused curriculum, but they have had great music and physical education teachers. Our kids got to participate in competitive after school sports and the girl's tract team took first in the state. Our boy's football team won his division and had a great experience. This school teaches kids how to care for others and how to become leaders. Our special needs child has been blessed to have the most amazing special ed program ever. If our school only gets 9 points out of ten it is because the school does not practice selective enrollment and is about helping all children. Thank you Eduprize for all you have given our kids and our community.

Posted January 17, 2012

We love EDUPRIZE! Our children have been at EDUPRIZE since the doors opened. At the time, at our neighborhood school, my 1st grader had been in a class with 35 kids. She was above grade level, but was not being challenged due to the fact that the teacher had to spend more time keeping the large class under control than actually teaching. The next year when EDUPRIZE opened we decided to move our now second grader to this exciting new school. We were amazed! By the end of first quarter our child had had jumped an entire grade level in reading and was excelling in other areas as well. Most of all the was happy to be there and was excited to go to school. The next year our second child entered Kindergarten and we were once again amazed at the teaching and acedemics as she began reading just after a few months. We now have all three of our children attending EDUPRZE and wouldn't change school even if we moved to the next city. Next year our oldest will be entering Jr.High and we are excited about the new sports program offered as well as the extra curricular clubs such as band and choir. Our children are very lucky they have the opportunity to a great school like EDUPRIZE!

Posted December 15, 2011

Eduprize has went from a school that really cares about students to one that cares more about $ and they make it very clear that they want to be known as a school that is excelling so if your student struggles academically and needs extra help this is not the school for you, they will be left behind.

Posted December 4, 2011

I recently reviewed this school 9/11/11, since then I pulled out all my children. I felt that There priority is financial 1st rather than the children first. They have the tops program there that condences the day in a 5 hr day removing recess and lunch and the chidren only have a 10 min snack/break and for the school thats great because they can fit another batch of sudents for the second half of the day so there enrollment doubles. However for the kids thats not so great unless the parents can contribute a lot of time at home with home work. The tops program seemed to be ok in the younger ages but when my daughter entered the third grade she was not able to absorb the information because it was moving to quickly and a lot of the work was brought home i was spending an average of three hrs a night helping her with her homework. That was too much for me to do having 6 other children to take care of. So i moved them out of the school and put them in another charter scholl near by and all of my children are so happy and there grades have improved from the extra time they have to absorb the info. I wish I had done this sooner rather than try to squeeze them in the eduprize box

Posted September 6, 2011

When the Queen Creek campus of Eduprize opened, a lot of people cheered. The quality of schools in our area is awful and Eduprize is markedly better. However, the school grew to a huge size very quickly and I think it got too big for itself to the point where it's a one size fits all institution. Academically it is excellent but the individualized care is lacking, so if you have a gifted child, or a child that is behind, this school is not for you. There are several kindergarten classes (I think 10+ at last count?) and it's impossible to get to know the teachers your kids are moving up to for the next grade too, which speaks to the size of the school. Unfortunately, academics are not everything, and a school where the whole child is appreciated and nurtured was more our preference so we moved our children out. It was a good school in the beginning couple of years (if you get the right teacher - there are some unfortunate hires there), but the lack of diversity and individualized curriculum were enough to make us seek a different charter school in the area where we have been much happier.

Posted May 12, 2011

I am overall very happy with our experience so far. I was attracted by the hands on, process learning that integrates state standards as well as several areas of curriculum allowing creativity and a unique memorable learning experience. Children are given the opportunity to be creative and there is individualization of reading and math. I am a huge fan of the TOPS program. The greatest strength is their goal to get parents involved through volunteering. Parents contribute to their child's learning at home but also directly by helping in the classroom. This parent-teacher-child connection is what sets this school above others. I think their carpool drop off system is great btw. There is room for improvement in AIMS scores and I would like to see Spanish offered for grades 4 & up. Just this week the school sent home a sheet asking for feedback from parents. They seem open to listening and the teachers we have had seem to have their heart into teaching even if they have slightly different methods.

Posted April 25, 2011

I love this school. My child began kinder in the middle of the year, we came from a public school in another state...My child has learned at such a faster pace and has still had more hands on then the other place. The kids seem to be collectively more well behaved and the motivation system to excel is great. The homework is difficult, but the children seem challenged to complete it and given the tools to do so by the teacher before they come home. The SAM books are great, so are the monthly and yearly home reading goals...it seems like a lot but it's really not. They really segment things down so kids can learn a lot over the course of the year but aren't burdened by a ton of things all at once. They take incremental steps toward yearly goals, which are well planned. Overall, love the school. Hope to see sports at the Junior High by the time my kid gets there but love the school.

Posted April 2, 2011

To the parent who commented that they've never been to a site where so many teachers have rated their school, well I bet you've never been to a school where so many teachers care!
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted April 1, 2011

This is hands down the best school in all of San Tan Valley . After trying several public schools and being shocked at the way the children act and no discipline and being afraid to send your children there i felt blessed to find eduprize where you can tell parents that put their children in the school really care. My children love it we feel safe and the school has many wonderful programs. Mrs. Fatka is a wonderful teacher my daughter has had her for 3rd and 4th grade and she is her favorite teacher ever!! we also have a son that went to kindergarten and 1st grade. i would absolutely recommend this school!! And I am a very picky parent...

Posted March 4, 2011

Drop-off and uncaring feeling are concerns. 1. 3 double drop-off lanes of car traffic for kids to cross...with minimal safety aides. Kids are only feet away from cars. 2. No safety barrier between cars and school sidewalk - mostly un-attended drop-offs. 3. Use of child door locks are NOT "encouraged" for drop-off. Aides are instructed by management to only initially help kindergarten kids out of cars in the beginning of the school year...parents are instructed not to get out of their car. 4. Aide interaction is about moving the car more than helping your child. More of an issue with younger children leaving their parents. 5. Single lane access to school so driving off-road to get around very long lines of cars is common. 6. Been mistakenly called 2 times this year asking why our child is not in school...after dropping them off at school ourselves! Reason for writing this is after 2 years of repeated safety complaints or disconnected aide/management interactions...nothing changes. Only a lawsuit will eventually get their attention. When you run a school for children yet parents are shown their child is not the priority...something is wrong.

Posted March 4, 2011

Im amazed to hear such negative comments! I moved to Arizona 3 years ago, for the sole purpose of my son going to this unbelievable school. I heard about this school, came and visited and then moved my family to Arizona when he was offered a spot at this school. I can say that the aides do an amazing job of moving cars through carpool safely with the help of the teachers. Everyone is always very professional and friendly. I feel sad for those that have had a negative experience at this school. I can't even comprehend the schools that they must be accustomed to, if Eduprize isnt a 5 star school. My son has 22 students in his class right now; much different from what I have heard of the neighborhood public schools. Nothing is going to please everyone; but as for me, I could not ask for anything more. My son is safe, he is being challenged, his AIMS scores were amazing last year, the school has wonderful teachers that love their job, and Eduprize hasnt laid off 1 teacher since it opened. That gives me peace of mind in an economy where many schools are laying teachers off and splitting their classes up in the middle of the school year

Posted March 1, 2011

I'm bucking the trend here & not gush re: Eduprize. When you have a situation where a child has been called a name by a teacher in front of students, it is clear whose camp the admin. is in. I ask parents to consider that if the staff are blindly defending the teacher, who is advocating for your child? I was told that even though many kids witnessed the insult, none would be asked b/c it wouldn't be "appropriate" & that "teachers are only human." I contend that not interviewing them is inappropriate..it puts all power in the hands of the teachers & zero in the students'. It puts in question that if indeed their policy is not to ask others to get to the truth, who does that empower in cases of assault, abuse, and neglect? This "defend the teacher at all costs" is a dangerous game to play & puts our children at risk for abuse at the hands of the "we don't investigate" policy. And while name-calling of a 5 year is a minor infraction, it doesn't feel that way when it's your child whom is scared of one of the very people whose job it is to protect her. What (in)action would be taken if something serious were to occur? Fair warning: They're on the teacher's side, not your child's.

Math

The state average for Math was 69% in 2013.

251 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 75% in 2013.

251 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

210 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 77% in 2013.

211 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 79% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 56% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 79% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 85% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 52% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 58% in 2013.

73 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 72% in 2013.

73 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Source: Arizona Department of Education

• In 2010-2011, this school was designated "Highly Performing".
  • In 2009-2010, this school was designated "Highly Performing".
  • In 2008-2009, this school was designated "Excelling".

Asian 2% 3%
Source: NCES, 2010-2011

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 6%N/A46%
Source: NCES, 2010-2011

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

4567 W. Roberts