Benjamin Franklin Charter School - Crismon campus

Charter | K-6 | 850 students

Our school is best know for its academically focused, well-rounded education.

Sweep tile

Posted March 1, 2014

I was so thankful the day we received a call that there was a spot open for my son to come to school. We had gone to our neighborhood school and my son didn't like it, and never would talk about his day. From the time we started BFCS he has not stopped saying how much he loves school. Both our children go to this school and we just love the education they are getting. I can not say enough about our principal, teacher's, staff, and the friends we've all made.

Posted January 13, 2014

My son has been attending BFCS since kinder and I have been impressed since day 1. I researched and toured many schools and BFCS made the top of my list for so many reasons. The teachers are excellent and do what they can to make sure your child succeeds. I have seen 1st hand that the school has zero tolerance for bullying. The principal is very involved as well and easy to find/talk to when you need to. The new campus is amazing and I am so thankful we now have a closed and secure campus. The front office staff is very personable and friendly. The curriculum is top notch and my 3rd grader is doing things that a lot of schools don't teach until later on. I look forward to my younger children starting Kinder.

Posted November 30, 2013

In response to the parent that posted about bullying and our principal-Nothing could be further from the truth. I am sorry for your experience, but it is my experience that things are not always as they seem. Many times what a child tells his parents is not the case. Our school has 0 tolerance for bullying. And you can rest assured that all students that have anything to do with bullying will be reprimanded for it. Our principal has 15 years of teaching with EXEMPLARY standards and reputation. She will leave no stone left unturned when it comes to matters of the school, and ALWAYS students come first. I am not sure what incident you may be referring to, but clearly there must be a misunderstanding. If you feel your child's needs have not been met, I implore you to talk to our principal. I am SURE that you will get desirable results if your concerns are warranted. I could not ask for a more efficient, loving, and highly professional principal for our amazing school.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted November 21, 2013

My son has attended BF Crismon for 2 years, and while we were impressed with the first year, this one has been lackluster. The school has moved to a much improved new site, and has brought with it a new principal who seems to lack common sense when it comes to disciplinary issues. While my child is verbally bullied, he is suspended for defending himself while the tormentors disappear into the playground crowd. It's so frustrating and it negates any good academic achievements he makes when he spends so much time away from school. The school does not promote a bully-free culture, and seems to ignore it when it happens. While the academics are above standard, I'd rather have an emotionally healthy happy child.

Posted September 27, 2013

Benjamin Franklin Charter School Crismon Campus is a wonderful school. My children have been attending for 6 years. The above grade level curriculum keeps the students challenged. The school does not focus on teaching to the standardized tests like most schools. They focus on educating the children. We have had good teachers who really want their students to be successful. I like that they enforce a modest dress code and we are not constantly being asked to sell things for fundraisers. There is daily homework but I believe it only prepares the students for the more rigorous junior and senior high schedules.

Posted July 30, 2013

MY DAUGHTERS LOVE THIS SCHOOL! WE'VE BEEN AT BEN FRANKLIN CRISMON FOR 4 YRS. THE CURRICULUM IS CHALLENGING & KEEPS OUR KIDS FOCUSED. BTW, in response to the previous comment, "who's Mr. Lee"?? That's not the name of the principal or any of the teachers! Maybe u hv the wrong school.

Posted July 9, 2013

I am the principal of this school. In response to the previous reviews, I know that our school does not allow people to volunteer in classrooms unless you have a student enrolled. We do not control our population of students. Students are enrolled on a first come-first served basis. Mr. Lee has never been the principal of our school.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted March 20, 2013

We LOVE the Crismon Campus. We have had all great teachers for all of my kids in the 4 years that we have been there. I love how disciplined this school is when it comes to learning. I love the curriculum and feel the teachers are very helpful. I disagree with some of the comments about bullying. I've had a kids bullied on the bus and another in class. I feel the teachers did a fabulous job helping out and making my daughter feel safe in class and on the playground. My son was being bullied on the bus and that did take longer to get taken care of but it did. We are moving and are so sad to be leaving this school. It has been a great experience and we hope to return.

Posted January 30, 2013

We loved the school when my son started K here. Put him in another charter school for 1st grade because of the distance from home. Didn't care much for Cambridge Academy, so we put our son back in Benjamin Franklin Charter for grades 2 and 3. We moved to New England, where the public education is among the tops in the nation and was happy to see our son adjust well, I believe due to the preparation given to him at BFC. Fortunately no bullying problems and the teachers were fantastic. They also have a great fund raising event and winter concert. Struggle with afterschool enrichment due to parent volunteering. We particularily liked that the school was strict and disciplined and also enforced dress code. This school is not for students who have no discipline and are too casual.

Posted November 13, 2012

We have loved the Franklin Charter Schools for a very long time- for the very first time in years, this is the first time we have had any problems with a teacher (6th grade)- LOVE the curriculum and the influences (kiddos) around my llittle ones attending- when a teacher is the the main focus in the class room influencing these students, expectations of a "loving" environment needs to commence in all class rooms- When a teacher tells their students they take the joy out of teaching and needing to quit her job because of talkitive students??? WOW. Some students at this age struggle with self esteem as they are entering young adolescent phases don't need to hear such things- I am saddened and the teacher makes the whole difference in each grade- I do not reccomend this teacher to anyone out there- The school itself is wonderful- this teacher needs to find herself a different career-

Posted September 24, 2012

They don't know how to deal with bully situations at all especially the teachers and the principal. The victims of the bullies are the ones that get in trouble when they try to defend themselves. Bullies get away with a lot while victims of bullies are deemed troublemakers. The bus drivers are consistent with keeping bullies from others. Often victims are kicked off the bus and are left confused as to why. Teachers are pretty good in regards knowing the materials which is good and it is accelerated for those that are smart. Attend this school at your own risk.....

Posted February 28, 2012

I love this school!!! It is not for people who want an easy ride. They raise the bar for both students and parents. The structured but loving environment was exactly what my son needed!

Posted November 4, 2011

We absolutely love the BenFranklin-Crismon Campus! Our son has been there since Kindergarten. The academic program is accelerated and the teachers/principal are dedicated to the students. My son loves going to school and loves his teachers. This program encourages students to learn the material...not just memorize it for a test. We are blessed to have a program that teaches students in a way that allows them to think through a problem -- not just have one pop up on a computer screen.

Posted May 25, 2010

Started my oldest child in 2nd grade at BFCS in Gilbert, Loved this school and staff. We moved to the BFCS Power campus because it is closer to our home. I LOVE this school too. There Curriculum is accelerated. If the child drops below a "B" Teachers tutor them until they are back up. The children wear conservative dress code or uniforms. The kids are taught virtues, values and patriotism and they are well mannered. The school only has one fund raising event .. the Fall Festival. They supply the children with the necessities for school, papers, books, pencils etc. Ask yourself why the public schools keep having fund raisers? Why do the parents have to buy supplies for the class? Where is all the MONEY? We get taxed & what happened to all the Lotto money?!!

Posted May 5, 2010

I am gald I can say that not only my husband and I love Benjamin Franklin Charter School (Crismon Campus), my kids do as well! The structure in the classrooms, back to the basics education and the over all learning environment is set for success! Every staff member there is geared for the for the accademic and self advancements in every student from Kindergarten to 6th grade! With all this my kids look forward to going to school and hate it when they have to miss! I hope I never experience the day where they dread going to school! Benjamin Franklin Charter School is like family, always there for your kids best interest! Blessed to call them my kids school!

Posted May 3, 2010

My son started this school a few months into the year and really struggled at first. His teacher did a wonderful job to catch him up to the rest of the students. He is only in Kindergarten and it is amazing the things he is doing. My 4 year old daughter can not wait to be joining him at school.

Posted April 13, 2010

Because the class are great, the staff are very good at their job, and overall my son loves it and talks about school all the time!!

Posted March 2, 2010

My children have attended Benjamin Franklin Charter School (Crismon Campus, in Queen Creek) for the past 8 years. I have had all three of my children attend from Kindergarten on, and my oldest is now participating in their Jr. High program. The overall program is time-tested and proven to be effective. We have found that Franklin excels in providing a well-rounded education, creating a positive learning environment for all types of students, and teaching core values. The teachers, principal, and office staff are amazing, hard-working, and dedicated. They are devoted to providing the very best education for all of their students. As a parent, I have spent countless hours in my children s classrooms and watched all different kinds of children learn how to be wonderful students and succeed in their education. This program works! I am so grateful to have found this school for my children.

Posted February 25, 2010

I am so pleased with Benjamin Franklin. My two daughters attend the one in Queen Creek, and we have only good things to say about the school. My kindergartener recited the preamble to the constitution after attending for 1 month... amazing. I love the patriotism that is emphasized. I appreciate the high acedemic standards, the opportunities for parental involvement, and the dress code. The teachers are all wonderful, and the principle is amazing. So grateful for this school.

Posted April 2, 2009

Franklin is a great school where the students are very successful. Teachers and principal are great. Great discipline, and overall great school

Math

The state average for Math was 69% in 2013.

85 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 75% in 2013.

85 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

118 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 77% in 2013.

118 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 79% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 56% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 79% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2013.

Source: Arizona Department of Education

• In 2010-2011, this school was designated "Highly Performing".
  • In 2009-2010, this school was designated "Performing Plus".
  • In 2008-2009, this school was designated "Highly Performing".

Asian 1% 3%
Source: NCES, 2010-2011

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Music teacher(s)
PE instructor(s)
Nurse(s)
Special education coordinator
Speech and language therapist(s)
Teacher aid/assistant teacher
Foreign languages spoken by school staff Spanish
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Special education / special needs

Health & athletics

• Nurse(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Gym
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")

Gifted & talented

• 8:30 am
School end time
  • 3:00 pm
  • Coed
Is there an application process?
Fax number
  • (480) 987-3517

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Direct instruction
  • Gifted / high performing
  • Teacher-run
Bi-lingual or language immersion programs offered

Level of special education programming offered

• Audiovisual aids
  • Cafeteria
  • Gym
  • Internet access
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")
  • Music room

School culture

Dress Code
  • Dress code
Bullying policy
  • This school has a bullying and/or cyber bullying policy in place.
  • Attend parent nights
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Coach sports teams or extracurricular activities
  • Join PTO/PTA
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Volunteer in the classroom

Apply now

Planning ahead

Students typically attend these schools after graduating
Benjamin Franklin High School