Public charter
Queen Creek, AZ
After care: No

Benjamin Franklin Charter School - Crismon 2

Posted May 21, 2015
This school is good if you have perfect children who loveh ours of homework. This is a very different school than it used to be. We have been here 4 years and most of the good teachers have left. The homework is 2 hours plus and if your kids have ADHD good luck. My child had to pulled out of school due to a terrible teacher and the pricipal backed her up. My DR was even angry at the situtation. I feel they only want the kids who will give them good test scores. There are some wonderful teachers still here but they keep leaving. They do have a wonderful Music teacher in MRs. R and a awesome orchestra and band program. NO school is perfect but I will be pulling my kids adn going to ALA not the same school we started at

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted May 21, 2015
I literally had to pull my son out because of how horrible his teacher was. She did not understand his ADHD or try too. After trying continually to work with her she gave my son such anxiety his ADHD Dr said we had to put him on meds just to calm him down.

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted May 21, 2015
when your 3rd grader spends 2 hours on homework at night you know there is a problem

Develops grit: Disagree

Posted May 21, 2015
I think sometimes they push too far and teh kids give up instead of trying to succeed.

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted May 21, 2015
They do not inspire those kids who are not perfect to succeed. It leaves kids who stuggle wondering why they dont measure up

Posted December 05, 2014
We transferred here from another charter school after being told my kindergartner was out of control and couldn't handle school. I had lost hope not only in school but charter schools specifically. I met with BFCS and was so impressed. I let him know the issues we were having and she assured me the kinder teachers were awesome. Sure enough.. it's been AMAZING. the teacher has not had any problems with my child the communication is great and the curriculum is advanced. I can't say enough good things about this school. My son loves coming here and it changed his entire outlook of school. I was so worried his previous school had already ruined his school experience but his teacher at BFCS has been AMAZING even on his bad days she is hopeful, positive, and reassuring. Never once have gotten a negative vibe or attitude from her. You can tell teaching is her passion. So far, any of the staff (including front desk and aides) we have dealt with has been beyond helpful. This school has been the biggest breath of fresh air for us! Mrs. Goff is his current teacher and I couldn't be happier, from what I can tell, all the teachers seem qualified and seem to love their job!

Posted October 26, 2014
My children have all attended these schools starting in K. This school in particular is awesome. My youngest child has a learning disability and also suffers from ADHD. He has always had a difficult time, but with the help of fantastic, caring teachers, including the amazing special education team and speech pathologist, he has improved. I'm so happy and grateful to have their help and support.
2 people found this helpful

Posted July 30, 2014
This school is great. My son and my daughter go to this school since kinder and never had a bad experience. Academics are on top. Now, my concern is on reviews regarding bullying. My son got bullied on this school when he was in grade one and Mr. Mc Afee (the principal back then) did a very good job apprehending the bully kid and have him apologize to my son in front of us. His parents got called and from what I heard this kid does not go to BFCS anymore. Now my concern is the change of principal. Hopefully Ms. Arnolds will do the same thing that Mr Mc Afee did to the bully and not give them free pass.

Posted July 29, 2014
My kids came from another school mid year last year and I realized how far behind other schools are compared to this school. The teachers are amazing and got my kids caught up to this schools standards. The schools standards are held at a higher level than the state and the school truly teaches a grade level higher. Something else I would like to mention is the principal Mrs. Arnold is the most amazing principal. She takes the time to know each student and truly cares about all the kids. She is always been available to talk to and is very prompt at returning calls, emails and resolving any concerns. If you are considering this school, I highly recommended it. Not to mention my kids LOVE everything about this school.

Posted April 30, 2014
I have been bringing my children to this school since 2001. All four of my children have or will received an education from K-6. I highly recommend this school and would not think of any other school they should attend. Their curriculum is beyond average and teaching skills are outstanding. Their no tolerance of violence and bullying is outstanding and is enforced. My four children have never had any issue with this because of the zero tolerance at the school. My 2 children that are no longer at this school and are onto high school have the skills needed to be at the top of their grade levels and I feel its the core of Ben Franklin that have led them to success. I would and have highly recommended this school to many other parents.

22120 E. Queen Creek Rd., Queen Creek, AZ  85142
Last modified Benjamin Franklin Charter School - Crismon is a Charter school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Benjamin Franklin Charter School - Crismon Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 64 reviews. Top