Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Benjamin Franklin Charter School - Crismon 5

Posted November 28, 2015
This school was established over 20 years ago. It's consistency in curriculum, standards, and ethics had continued to produce amazing results. This school has never compromised its values, and as a result, it has been going strong all this time. Students that attend this school are well advanced when they enter high school. Not only do they excel in academics, but the high standards that this school upholds, sets the stage for them to be kind and productive adults. What more could a parent want?

Benjamin Franklin Charter School - Crismon 3

Posted September 22, 2015
because as a parent and not a worker at the school I rate the services my child gets from the teacher... it is not unfair to rate something that you think is right... then if teachers are going to rate their own work place is and unfair because is a bit like cheating, they are not the majority they are the ones giving the service not getting it... (is like a store i get sandwiches for my whole crew and if I don't good service or bad treatment then I rate them low) and if we cannot voice our opinions on the school webpage on anywhere then how are we supposed to ask and comments about things. In another note we have been saving all the notes of the homework my son does and unfortunately feel the teacher is trying to fail him, I can't believe that because a few spelling words missing the whole homework is counted a zero. but we'll see what teacher's got to tell me on the PTC.

Grateful to: School leader

Posted September 15, 2015
To Ms. Arnold, our principal, for helping us to acheive the high standards that this school's philosophy upholds. It is a constant effort, and we continue to strive to be the best. I want to thank her for the passion she has for our school, the love she has for our students, for her values, and for her example.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted September 13, 2015
Teachers at this school go through rigorous training and meetings. BFCS hires teachersand those that uphold the school values, and are highly qualified. It is a team effort, teachers can only be as effective as the parents allow. If it is not followed through at home, there is not much teachers can do. As a teacher, I am so grateful for parents that are involved in their child's education!

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted September 13, 2015
The amount of time spent on homework is by grade level. Accomodations are given for any special needs. The typical amount of time for a 2nd grader to spend on homework is 45 minutes. The parents are told to please not let them spend more time on their homework, than their alloted time per grade level.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted September 11, 2015
Respecting students is mandatory in our school. Our teachers and staff must model the behavior they expect from their students. BFCS carefully selects its teachers and all of its staff members that hold the important virtue of respect and integrity.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted September 11, 2015
Our students are taught compassion and empathy through constant acts of service. They are taught unity as a school, classroom, and community members. This school encourages all acts of kindness and compassion for all. It is demonstrated on a daily basis by all of the staff and administration.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted September 11, 2015
Through monthly virtues, and constant communication with the students. Students are rewarded for acts of kindness, honesty and service, mostly through intrinsic motivation. We have a "Positive Discipline" plan set in place. Our students do things because they thrive on positive praise and encouragement.

Benjamin Franklin Charter School - Crismon 5

Posted September 10, 2015
I really feel the need to reply to the recent negative posts on here. They seem to be all from the same person. I would like to ask her, why does her son still attend this school? My question to this parent on the Reading Log issue is..."How is the teacher supposed to record what the child reads at home?" The reading log is for a parent to keep track of books read. This is given to the parents on the first day of school or at the Open House. Parents sign it and return the bottom portion. There is a packet given to each parent with every expectation CLEARLY stated. There are weekly newletters, and constant emails (and phone calls when needed). The requirement is 200 pages each quarter. This is a grade, and teachers rely on the ability and honesty of the parents to log their child's pages read. This is then turned into the teacher. As far as HW not getting home, it is very difficult for a teacher to check 30 backpacks to make sure that their HW folder has all their HW in it. For those children that constantly forget to take their HW home, the teacher checks their backpacks. It has been the case that before the child goes home, the folder is put back in their desk by the child. This has happened many times, especially when there is a notice in their folder, or they simply do not want to do it. As far as the HW coming back to school, it is the parent's responsibility to see that it does. With that said, there comes a point where the child needs to be held responsible for their actions. This is why HW discipline notices and behavior notices exist. Hopefully, the child can develop an understanding of the importance of being responsible and following rules. The teacher can't do it all, it is a team effort. If parents do not care to do their part, or blame the teacher for everything, what kind of future is left for the child? How can they become productive and responsible adults? This school is amazing. You will not see many schools with high standards that have lasted 20 years. Children who have attended BFCS, are above grade level when they enter High School. Our students love our country, are respectful, courteous, and HAPPY. I am grateful to be a part of it. Our ranking speaks for itself.

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted August 20, 2015
I think the teacher forgets to tell the kids to take this or that papers home, sometimes I don't get something I am supposed to know. is it my fault ... no!, neither is my kid's fault.. he is just a little kid... and kids forget... so I hope teacher gets better at remembering to HELP the kids, and make sure they got all that they need for home, so they don't get bad grades. I believe teachers should be a second help for parents in the school, after all most of them have children of their own.

22120 E. Queen Creek Rd., Queen Creek, AZ  85142
Last modified Benjamin Franklin Charter School - Crismon is a Charter school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Benjamin Franklin Charter School - Crismon Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 81 reviews. Top