Public charter
Queen Creek, AZ
After care: No

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted August 20, 2015
I think the teacher forgets to tell the kids to take this or that papers home, sometimes I don't get something I am supposed to know. is it my fault ... no!, neither is my kid's fault.. he is just a little kid... and kids forget... so I hope teacher gets better at remembering to HELP the kids, and make sure they got all that they need for home, so they don't get bad grades. I believe teachers should be a second help for parents in the school, after all most of them have children of their own.

Benjamin Franklin Charter School - Crismon 3

Posted August 20, 2015
I worry so much about the child being outside for so long... so I drive my kid after 8:05 get there and they are still on the back. I know some kids are playing from 7:30 a. m out there. but then they stand there from 8:00 till 8:30 waiting to for the principal or somebody else to finish they boring talk. they should limit the talking to welcome, a quick flag ceremony and then sending them inside. the talk should be done by the teachers in the classrooms. Principal please cut the exaggerated talks!.

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted August 12, 2015
because teacher doesn't communicate clearly and forgets. she should make sure kids have it all in their folders before sending them home... its their job.. otherwise they should let me be there too.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted August 12, 2015
he read 15 min. or 30 min. then a 1 min. timed read. then a 2 min. timed math. then then practice skip counting then some 15 or less little easy problems... so homework is super easy... basically my son finish all in 30 minutes or less. np big deal.

Develops grit: Agree

Posted August 12, 2015
so far teacher is hurrying the kids to get their work done. (and again the review needs more words)

Develops empathy: Disagree

Posted August 12, 2015
because teacher send me a note saying.....:"I don't want to disappoint him, so far he is doing good." obviously no one should disappoint a child... no matter what they do. I get the feeling she doesn't encourage the kids.

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted August 12, 2015
because of the excessive way the dress code is. and the so many points the children have to accumulate. principal speech is too long. coldness of the staff.

Benjamin Franklin Charter School - Crismon 3

Posted August 12, 2015
I rated 3 only because they didn't let me talk to the teacher right after the flag ceremony, I waited on her to ask her one question. so rude and dumb. when I left messages to do the same thing they didn't pass it on. another thing is the principal talks too much during flag ceremony, is not a stand up show, it's hot outside and the kids get tired waiting in line formation for 15 minutes or more. I asked her about that and her replay was that the kids are playing outside at 7:30... well yeah parents have work too, and playing is not the same as standing, boring they could faint there.. if they only could manage to do it inside the gym. it's not that impossible. Another thing is that recently teacher send my sons school work for ME to review it and fix it!!!, Isn't she supposed to do that?!!!, and asked us to keep a log on the pages the kids read... I have no clue on that!, And I check my kid back pack every day!, she is the one who is supposed to keep the count cause she is the one who asked for it and I send the yellow slips with all the pages read daily. starting to get confused and frustrated with this teacher, maybe she is too old to teach. my son is a mellow kid, who was tutored on math for 2 months before school started, and homework is done is 20 - 30 minutes, math, reading, skip count. spelling and phonograms. so homework for us is not a problem. I just pray that the teacher has a good manner, heart and patience to teach the kids. and not to fail them for something dumb like having not enough points.

Benjamin Franklin Charter School - Crismon 2

Posted May 21, 2015
This school is good if you have perfect children who loveh ours of homework. This is a very different school than it used to be. We have been here 4 years and most of the good teachers have left. The homework is 2 hours plus and if your kids have ADHD good luck. My child had to pulled out of school due to a terrible teacher and the pricipal backed her up. My DR was even angry at the situtation. I feel they only want the kids who will give them good test scores. There are some wonderful teachers still here but they keep leaving. They do have a wonderful Music teacher in MRs. R and a awesome orchestra and band program. NO school is perfect but I will be pulling my kids adn going to ALA not the same school we started at

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted May 21, 2015
I literally had to pull my son out because of how horrible his teacher was. She did not understand his ADHD or try too. After trying continually to work with her she gave my son such anxiety his ADHD Dr said we had to put him on meds just to calm him down.

22120 E. Queen Creek Rd., Queen Creek, AZ  85142
Last modified Benjamin Franklin Charter School - Crismon is a Charter school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Benjamin Franklin Charter School - Crismon Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 72 reviews. Top