Posted August 21, 2014
This is one of the best schools I've been to. I went to Poston freshman- junior year and had a horrible experience. On my first day of senior year at foothills I already felt welcomed and at home by the teachers, staff, and students! The teacher actually care about you and encourage you to do your best and go to college. I highly recommend this school for a great high school experience!

Posted August 04, 2013
My son is a senior this year and I am so pleased I moved him here and out of the nearby high school with the laptops. He has had a positive experience and he will be ready to face the challenge of the real world in May 2014! Thank you Foothills!

San Tan Foothills High School 4

Posted July 27, 2013
My son had spent his 1st couple of years of high school at the very reputable Basha high- however he was struggling with grades & failing in math... we moved & I made the commute to Basha thinking it was the best place for him. After much debate I agreed to let my son spend the last semester of 10th grade at Foothills with obvious consequences of returning to Basha if any of thr horror stories I had read about Foothills were true. I must let you know my son has never been more excited about going to school, he loves this school, hes friends with everyone & no joke my son who had at best a low C & had to attend summer school because he failed math is now a straight A student- this is no joke.. I am really glad I gave this school a chance against my judgement- dont read a book by its cover & remeber everything you read on the internet is not true remember the commercial?? bonjour ;)

San Tan Foothills High School 2

Posted March 22, 2013
teacher give up on stundents and no contact with parents, run away from here, Drugs are a very big problem on campus and have been brought to admin attention with no change?

Posted June 04, 2012
I switched my son to this high school because he was struggling in a nearby large high school where there was little communication with teachers and administration. Great job Foothills, the environment is warm and supportive of the students and their needs. For those of you who are still not sure, go and take a tour, you will not be dissappointed. Your very own lap top isn't all it is cracked up to be. Students need teachers too and teachers that take the time to get to know them. It was hard for my son to get extra help in a class with over 45 students.

Posted May 26, 2012
My son is in the non-traditional HS at Foothills, and I was really excited about it since my son struggles in the traditional school. Let me note that my son is not a drug addict or on probation, he is not a trouble maker in school in fact he is on the shy side. Yet the staff seems to treat them as second class citizens, the lunchroom staff is rude to them and the teacher instead of being encouraging seems to put them down. Not sure this is the right choice for my son.

Posted February 03, 2012
The New Principal is amazing. Compared to other schools where I have worked, this one is doing really well. I too hear horror stories in the community about the school, but I have yet to see any major incidents. Our state scores are up and up, the staff cares about each student they have, we have access to amazing technology with smart boards in every classroom, and we offer a lot of school activites and classes (honors, AP, Engineering, Guitar, Foreign Language, etc...). It is great, all that is offered for being a small school. Most students participate in more than one activity. Students are friendly and not "clicky." Also the Special Ed. Department is fantastic. Every school has its problems, but I have to say, that this school has very few. I give it a 5!

Posted August 16, 2011
So far this school seems to be better than I had expected. I heard horror stories and kids going to other schools just because of the bad rumors, I am glad I choose to send my kids here! Funny how alot of these other kids who went to other schools are coming back to Foothills just after one week of school!! Kudos to Mr. Schenks what a positive role model for these boys!! The new principal is top notch!!

San Tan Foothills High School 2

Posted May 18, 2011
I think this school has so many better days ahead now that a new principal is coming in the Fall of 2011! However, the new principal has a big mess to clean up. The current principal has not been supportive of teachers and the current administration have ignored teachers and are not consistent at all with school rules and discipline and have an amazing way of turning things around to make it look like anything bad that happens is the teachers' fault. The new principal has a wonderful reputation with high morale, consistency, and competence! I see better days ahead!

Posted January 23, 2010
This school is going in the right direction, but as a parent of both a son and a daughter at San tan foothills, I am more and more unimpressed with one of the principals, Mr. Edwards. He seems unwilling to deal with issues and follow through on many of the school rules. I would also like to know what happened to the rule about electronics like cell phones and headphones. The administration looks the other way on this and the teachers aren't backed up with this! My daughter told me that kids are using these things all the time and the principals don't even care. But I make sure my kids follow this rule, even if the admoinistration doesn't have the stones to do what they said they were going to do.

San Tan Foothills High School
1255 West Silverdale Road, Queen Creek, AZ  85243
Last modified San Tan Foothills High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
San Tan Foothills High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top