Public charter
Queen Creek, AZ

Posted August 15, 2015
As a teacher of this school, I find the last two comments just heartless. The two women that work for us at the reception desk and in the office are amazing. Ms. Liz is one of the most dedicated and is the hardest working person I have ever met. She is the heart and soul of that school. I have worked at other schools and I have never met anyone that compares or even comes close. She puts the students and their families before hers. Her job is not an easy one, but she makes sure that we get what we need and that the students are taken care of like they were her own. I believe that a person should think hard before they write comments that could hurt another person. I do not think there is a more dedicated or competent person that could do her job and I know that there is a lot of parents whose children attend Cambridge that feel the same way. We love and appreciate you Ms. Liz. Shame on those who do not know you and what you have done for the students and the school but feel the need to criticize!

Posted August 13, 2015
The teachers were always nice and helpful. The administration is under qualified and a total disaster. The principal is also a teacher which I don't see how that can work and they always seem to be scrambling. The facilities are a mess. My son was always sick from a lack of sanitizing restrooms and such. In the last 2 years they took away music and now art, so Middle School has no electives, and the sports programs are a joke. We decided to pull our son. This school is falling apart. I don't recommend it!

Cambridge Academy East 2

Posted August 10, 2015
The website and reviews are full of lies. This school no longer offers art (which we were told during our tour would be), it also no longer offers music at the 5-8 grade levels. There are extremely limited sports offered. There are no computer labs, no languages taught and the art teacher was let go so only K-4 grades get art that is taught by the regular teachers. The office is totally disorganized and the principal divides her time between teaching her 5th grade class and being a principal so her class does not get her full attention. You pay cash for many fundraisers but I'm honestly not sure where that money gets spent or who it goes to. We fell for the bait and switch routine and now I'm stuck trying to decide what to do after the school year has already started and my kids are the ones that have to pay for it. Other than the small class sizes and the teachers that are doing the best they can with what they are given, this school is such a disappointment.

Posted December 05, 2014
Terrible experience. My kindergartner was sent home 3 times in one week for things like "poking holes in a childs eraser" There was very little contact from the teacher and when I would contact her she would complain and say "she's never had to deal with this before" which I find hard to believe coming from a kindergarten teacher. Their structure seems solid but they do not have the resources or care enough to discipline and mold your child. I got to the point that I just assumed we were always going to have issues and that school would be a struggle for us because she had me convinced that my 5 year old was beyond her control. I have waited 5 weeks to write this review to be sure I was not poorly rating a school for doing everything they could to work with my hyperactive child. He has been in another charter school for 5 weeks now without a single issue. IMO: if you cant resolve a situation where a child poked a hole in an eraser... you don't belong teaching! When I withdrew him they got exactly what they wanted and not once was I contacted by a principal or teacher to say "we will miss him" or "sorry to see him go" This is not the type of experience ANY child should go through.

Posted August 18, 2014
My kids have gone here since kindergarten. They are now on the middle school level!! Over the years they have had some amazing teachers and some not so great teachers. The front office is wonderful with handeling situations that have come up over the years!! They are quick to deal with things and I love that they are always open to talk about concerns!! I am happy to say the not so good teachers were not asked back for the following year!! They have many opportunities for the students to be involved!! My favorite thing is the small classroom sizes!! It is nice going to a school that has a small town feel to it!! All the teachers and staff know my kids and remember me as well!! Way to go Cambridge!!!

Posted May 09, 2014
Let me start off with the positive. Great principal and vice principal! Always pleasant, great with the children and always willing to make the time to speak with you. The receptionist is very temperamental and seems to be very selective on who she will help. When she does answer the phone she is not pleasant. The couple of times that I have had to interact with her she made me feel that I was more of an inconvenience. I feel bad but I have to agree with the other posts. The great part is that the teachers are amazing and my kids love going to school. I am pleased with everything that they have been learning and feel that it is above all other schools in the area. The little things that they do really make you feel like a part of the school. I also taught so I am familiar with the level my children should be at. I love the fact that it is a small school and the fact that it is like a small town where every knows each other. This school does the very best with the resources it has but the main thing is that they have the children's best interest at heart. Only improvements I would like to see is maybe a better playground and instruction of musical instruments.Otherwise GREAT JOB.

Posted March 05, 2014
Great school! Great sports and coaches!! Small class sizes!! Amazing teachers!!! Only problem is no security up front and always crazy and I would have to agree the woman at the front desk is ALWAYS TEXTING on her phone and can be rude. If the children have to leave their cell phones in their back packs, she should leave hers in her purse or drawer. Not a great representation or example.

Cambridge Academy East 4

Posted February 24, 2014
+Excellent Teachers +Great Principal(s) +Great Curriculum +Great Community +Great Extra Curricular Programs +Decent Sports Program -Okay Funding -Okay Outside Equipment -Okay Arts Program -Terrible Transparency

Posted February 13, 2014
We are very happy with this school and the quality of education our children are getting. Cambridge is small, but that's one of the things we like about it. Our children are truly loved by the entire staff! When we had them at another school in the area, they were just a number. I decided to write this review because it seems like the only people who write reviews are the negative people who complain wherever they go. No school is perfect, but what I have noticed about the principal at Cambridge is that she takes action to solve problems when they arise. I have seen poor teachers replaced mid-year. Other schools won't do this. They'll leave a horrible teacher in the classroom and make excuses for them. The teachers are great at Cambridge or they wouldn't be there. Along with all of these things, the curriculum, parent involvement, sports program, and all the other activities are fantastic! We are proud to be a part of Cambridge Academy!

Posted February 09, 2014
This school has quickly become a joke. They put a family member in there as a science teacher. My child was sent home with a high school level packet for a science fair and absolutely no direction. The other teachers, especially Mrs. Neider and Mr. Robbins tried to help and we did appreciate that. Next the principal says don't worry about it and that the packet will be remade. Friday the teacher (if you can call her that) called my child lazy and told the class they weren't to listen to the principal. Friday night we get an email from the principal saying don't worry again. My child is hurt and confused. Up till now it was the teachers keeping us there. Honestly, we'll finish this year but we won't be back.

Cambridge Academy East
20365 E. Ocotillo Road, Queen Creek, AZ  85242
Last modified Cambridge Academy East is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cambridge Academy East Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 42 reviews. Top