Public charter
Queen Creek, AZ
Before care: Yes
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Leading Edge Academy is a tuition free public Charter School. We are committed to providing an educational program where each child can reach his/her personal potential. Our staff has a combined experience of 145 years in education (Average: 11 yrs. per teacher). Teachers provide encouragement, respect, patience and understanding for all students. A values-based environment challenges students to grow in personal character. We received a letter grade of B from the state of Arizona for student academic progress for two years running. This is equivalent to the previously earned state label of Highly Performing School. 100% of our 2011-12 5th graders (the highest grade level on this campus) scored MEETS or EXCEEDS on AIMS Reading. Leading Edge is partnering in a 3 yr program with the Center for Student Achievement in their Quality Schools Program. You are welcome to stop by for a visit any time.
July 16, 2013

Posted September 24, 2014
My child is doing well at this school. She is challenged by the schoolwork, and has enjoyed making new friends. The staff is very professional, but friendly at the same time. They seem to have a heart for kids at this school, instead of just treating them as numbers. I like that math and reading are taught to the students' level. They test students at the beginning of the year to see where they are at, and then they receive extra help if needed. There is great communication from the school to parents as well. The only negative I see is that my child is pressured alot because our family is not religious and most of the students at this school are. They hold an optional chapel time, and the students who don't go don't have anything to do during that time but sit at their desks mostly. Also, the chapel kids come back with candy, causing the other students to feel left out. Overall, it's good school. The education, friendly atmosphere, and character training are awesome!

Posted August 15, 2014
I must admit I was absolutely amazed with this school. They have amazing family-like vibes and the teachers/staff are perfect for my children. I hear endless stories from my fourth grade son about how much he loves his class and teachers, as well as many, many others. I recommend this school for anyone if not every. However, the principal here wasn't as friendly towards my son or our family. When engaging with him face to face he seemed stressed, and somewhat rude. He had a tendency of pushing our needs aside and neglecting my daughter's conflict with another child when attention was highly needed. It was disappointing seeing such a poor leader with such an amazing staff.

Posted August 12, 2014
My child just started their second year at LEA. Once again, he is thrilled to be there and loves going to school everyday. He loves his teacher and his friends there. We are very pleased with Leading Edge and highly recommend it.

Posted August 11, 2014
I would highly recommend this elementary school. My children have been attending since kindergarten and have experienced great educational success. The small school atmosphere provides a feeling of family and belonging. Students are challenged to be kids of character as well as pushed to be their best in academics. We have no regrets about choosing LEA.

Posted August 10, 2014
I was homeschooling my children, but had to return to work last spring. My husband and I researched, toured, and interviewed several schools before deciding that Leading Edge was where we wanted our children to go. My kids have really flourished there and this new school year is gearing up to be an amazing one! Mr. Butcher is a fantastic, caring principal who knows my three children by name. Each teacher does a great job staying in touch with us about our children's' daily progress. In our family, we have one struggling learner and one gifted learner. Each are challenged or assisted according to their needs. I appreciate that Leading Edge has resources to help my children to learn and succeed.

Posted August 10, 2014
Leading Edge Academy has provided my child with a positive learning environment that is challenging and engaging. Emphasis on academics as well as strong character traits is the daily norm here. In the three years my son has attended LEA his teachers have each taken a personal interest in his success and kept my spouse and I informed of his progress, classroom happenings as well as areas of improvement when needed. I have also dealt personally with the school's principal on a discipline issue and found him to be very proactive and fair with both sides of the issue. I am very pleased with my experience with LEA.

Posted August 09, 2014
Great school. Friendly environment. Small class sizes. Have had children here for over five years.

Posted August 09, 2014
We are going into year 2 for my children attending LEA and we love it! Our kids have had great teachers and enjoyed going to school each day! I am hoping for more family events this school year! I highly recommend this school!

Posted August 09, 2014
Leading Edge Academy has been great for our kids. We have four kids in the school and have been there for six years. We have referred countless amounts of families to that school. Our kids were at other schools around Queen Creek in San tan valley before we found Leading Edge Academy. For my living I work with leaders of government and corporations. I seek out the opportunity for my children to have the best education possible to become great leaders. Both leaders and teachers at leading-edge Academy pay close attention to my children and inform me daily and weekly of both advances and potential problems regarding my children. After much diligence and research I have no doubt that Leading Edge Academy is the best school with the best teachers and leaders in Queen Creek and Santan Valley!!

Posted August 09, 2014
I have had my kids here for 4 years, I have to say my kids love it. The teachers know my kids by name. I pulled them out of a another nearby charter school after a bad experience and the difference in my kids was like night and day. The home work is not too time consuming but it still challenges them. The teachers seem happy in this school and they really seem to love their job. I also feel that they don't nickel and dime you to death like most public and charter schools around this area. I really have no complaints about the school. It is not as fancy as other schools around but the character of the school makes up for that.

Leading Edge Academy Queen Creek
4815 W. Hunt Highway, Queen Creek, AZ  85142
Last modified Leading Edge Academy Queen Creek is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Leading Edge Academy Queen Creek Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top