Public charter
Students enrolled: 1,484
After care: No

American Leadership Academy - Queen Creek 5

Posted June 25, 2015
So happy with the school! My 4 kids attend, this is their 3rd year and they love it!

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted June 25, 2015
I have had 4 kids at his school and have had many outstanding teachers that I love and eh, teachers I don't love. Overall, my kids have learned that they won't love every teacher, but they can succeed in every class with communication, respect and hard work.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted June 25, 2015
I think the home work load has been good. I have a pulse on my child's understanding of where they are at in a class by watching them complete their homework.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted June 25, 2015
Yes! Students are expected to dress well, speak well, and interact positively with each other as well as teachers. My kids have re-learned many great traits while at this school, that we support at home. Respect is definitely one of these traits.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted June 25, 2015
Absolutely!! My kids aren't just getting an education. My kids are learning to be awesome people because they are surrounded by caring, concerned, pro-active adults.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted June 25, 2015
We have 4 kids at ALA QC for 3 years and have had a wonderful experience with morals and values, fairness and definitely integrity. If I have ever questioned anything, I have investigated, called and gotten to the bottom of issues quickly. All concerns have been addressed and resolved.

Posted April 11, 2015
I've been attending ALA for about 4 years now since the 7th grade. At first I liked the program and what it had to offer but it all went down south when I began my sophomore year. Not only did they fire 2 of my teachers due to cuts I also had to get my schedule changed without my permission both times. ALA did not even ask me if I liked the new classes and teachers I was put into. They give out lame excuses on why teachers are being fired, if granted they even tell the students. ALA is quite possibly the most corrupt school I've ever seen. The student have had not one but TWO protest over the firing of a popular and successful athletic director. I am proud to say I was part of this. Then ALA says you parents need to sign you back in if you're caught participating. I'm sorry isn't it in the Constitution of all things to have freedom of speech and expression?! The students are fed up with ALA wasting money on new campuses and teachers that disappear on the spot cause they were "expendable". This school is filled with kids that are brainwashed into thinking ALA is great and will shun you if you think anything other than that. If you love your kids don't send them here.
2 people found this helpful

Posted March 18, 2015
My kids have gone here for 3 years and what started out as a great concept has turned into a nightmare. Like a lot of Charter Schools in Arizona, the best way to get ahead at this school is to be friends with the owner. If you are friends with him, your kids can stay out of trouble and get ahead at the school. My kids have worked hard, made good grades and stayed out of trouble, but opportunities for them have been few as I don't hold the clout of being one of the elite parents who will kiss up to the owner. After further investigating, I've seen this owner has a history of opening up schools and bankrupting them and then jumping up and moving to another state. BEWARE! Wonder why they are throwing up schools so fast??? The charter management organization that makes the money off of the building is owned by Glenn Way. The more school buildings he opens, the more rent he collects, regardless of number of children in the seats.
5 people found this helpful

Posted February 22, 2015
this school has so many problems. they fire teachers, but build 2 new schools. my kid had to get his schedule changed for the school firing teachers. he didnt even have any of the teachers that were fired.... the teachers are very rude. my sons science teacher points out every mistake and makes stupid embarrassing jokes. the class sizes are way too big or way too small. the electives are so much money. take your kid out now or as soon as possible.
6 people found this helpful

Posted February 22, 2015
I have to say, I really used to like this school. When my daughter was in the 6th grade, everything was wonderful. Of course though, this was at the Gilbert campus and it was before the school had its growth spurt. When my son and daughter switched to Queen Creek ALA, they began to notice some things. One, there is a very STRONG LDS background. Some students talked to my christian daughter, and tried to convince her to convert. At SCHOOL! I thought there was a separation between church and school. Two, they are very disorganized. At the beginning of this year, we didn't know where the bus would pick them up until the day BEFORE school started! I did not pay them an 850$ buss fee plus elective fees, for tardy information. Third, and last, They fire teachers in the middle of the year. My daughter and son have suffered from MULTIPLE teacher altercations in just ONE year! This school needs to make changes before school starts or after the school year ends not in between. I hope you read this, DO NOT send your kid here!
6 people found this helpful

23908 S Hawes Rd, Queen Creek, AZ  85142
Last modified American Leadership Academy - Queen Creek is a Charter school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
American Leadership Academy - Queen Creek Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top