Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)

My children have been transfer from Val Vista Academy to this school after Thanks Giving Day. American Leadership Academy is a really great school. We like the structure, teachers, principle... It has a positive environment for my kids.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

The home is design base on repetitions. Kids could be able to do their homework with a little or no assistance form a parent

My child was bullied the whole school year. The teachers nor the dean of students did nothing to protect my child. I would never send my child here again. Please beware of the school.

Develops character: Disagree

in the constant attempt to say they are teaching great principles they never really get around to it and they don't have enough examples of good practice on campus.

Children were bullied. In a school that prides itself on helping kids feel safe. Teacher bullied one student and nothing was done. Students bullied both of my kids at the JH and HS. Nothing was done.

American Leadership Academy (ALA) is amazing! They teach the 7 Habits of Highly Effective People regularly, which is AWESOME! Administration and teachers are always trying to think "win, win," and "think first to understand, then to be understood". They are great to work with and teach kids skills that will help them all of their life! They have even improved the uniforms to add a few more options and instead of having to have a patch or logo embroidered permantly on, they have come up with magnetic pins so that your child's uniforms are more versatile without always having to have the school logo on when they want to wear their shirt elsewhere. The atmosphere of comradory and sense of community is unparalleled in my previous experiences. They will listen and resolve any issues to the best of their ability. Great environment of leadership, integrity, and respect for all parties. If you put in those attributes, you most definitely will get those outcomes. Can't rave enough about ALA! Hope you join our awesome community, if these are things you are looking for! I hope you find the perfect fit for your family! P.S. We started at the San Tan campus the year it opened and LOVED it! When the Anthem campus opened we switched since my hubby drives right by there for work and could drop them off for me. This year we switched to Ironwood so they could establish stronger peer relationships earlier since they will be going there for JH/HS soon anyway. So we have had experience at several locations and have loved them ALL.

There is no communication at all, not even amongst themselves. You are told one thing by one Administrator and another Administrator tells you something else about the same issue but nothing ever trickles down to the actual people involved. The Administrators and many students are very cliquish and if you are not with them they are very judgmental. Instead of just seeing people as different they act superior and judge you as being wrong. The buses are horrid. There is no or non working air conditioning and buses are overcrowded. For the most part though the teachers they hire are of high quality but how long will they stay?

Today we took our two children on a tour of ALA. At first they were not very excited about going, but the minute we stepped through the doors we felt like family! Teachers were in their classrooms getting set up for the new school year, and they were all interested in our children and what their desires and goals were for the upcoming year. ALA exceeded our expectations! Before we walked out, the girls had done a 180 and were ready to shop for school uniforms. They are SO excited to be a part of the ALA family!

Amount of homework: Agree

The academic program centered around learning and working at home is impeccable and second to none. I believe homework is a key element to life skills, and too much of it can be a deterrent to growth. This school got it just right.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The highest expectations is given of students and I believe it elevates the entire educational experience.

Last modified American Leadership Academy - Queen Creek is a Charter school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.