Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Develops character: Neutral

I feel the school definitely puts the LDS students first, and feel like an outsider at any school event.

I love this school, and my kids love this school. My only complaint is the subtle, to not so subtle LDS undertones. My elementary children do not feel it so much, but my high school son definitely feels the split. There is obvious favoritism, but it also makes it hard to be a parent volunteer or chaperone. When trying to volunteer, it is very obvious, not necessarily by the staff, but the other parents, that my help is not needed. All in all, if that's the worst I have to deal with, it's still better than any other school in QC. IMO

BIGGER is not always better. My family attended ALA QCE for its first 2 years. The first year was great. However, last year was one disappointment after another. In just 2 short years, this small campus added on 8 classrooms and more than 200 kids with no increase in shared common areas or to the support staff. It is jam packed. The campus has a hectic and unorganized feel. Adding to the frustration, communication from the school has been untimely (and incomplete) causing a HUGE stress on families trying to make last minute schedule adjustments to attend student activities/celebrations. Last year, there were lots of teachers who chose to leave mid-year, upsetting many kids in the process. It makes you question, why a considerable number of the teaching staff would make such a drastic choice. There is no library, no computer lab, and no music room. Instead of investing in the teachers and academic experiences of the kids, this school is more focused on investing in its fleet of buses. The enormous expense of busing has ZERO academic payoff. This school is not thinking of the big picture. Be careful and make sure to ask plenty of questions prior to choosing ALA QCE.

My children have attended ALA for two years. The teachers are excellent and provide a high level of education, however, the politics at this school are out of control. There is a favoritism to the LDS faith. The school prides itself on a "no bullying policy" but it is not enforced and instead the principal does not seem to have a firm understanding of how the school even operates. My children have gone from loving school to begging daily not to return. There is also a huge safety issue at the school. There are adults coming and going without signing in or even being checked for ID at all hours of the day. If you pick your kids up from parent pick up afterschool forget it, it is complete chaos!! I would not recommend this school to anyone and will be pulling my children at the end of the year.

This is our 2nd year at ALA and it has become very disappointing. Our first year we were so very fortunate to have Miss D. She was an amazing teacher, my daughter loved learning and loved school. Unfortunately the teacher we got for 2nd grade has been a horrific experience. The teacher verbally abuses them by saying things like "you are the reason I don't want to come to work in the morning" and demeaning the students in front of the whole class. After 4 months of complaints to the administration, nothing has been done. When I finally try to withdraw my daughter, then the administration tries to offer to move her to a different teacher. I had been requesting this for 4 months but repeatedly told they could not. Why don't they fire the teacher, why are they going to let all the other students suffer. It is very disappointing that the administration will allow its students to be verbally abused. It's very obvious that they know what is going on and it even proves it by their willingness to move students to other teachers. Other parents have also pulled their children from the school because of this teacher. I cannot stand by any school who would allow this

ALA Queen Creek has great rating and test results, but the politics in this school are not in the best interest of the students. I was recently informed that several employees were laid off from the school. The school laid off well qualified, experienced and long term employees and decided to keep much less experienced, some coming directly out of high school strictly due to the less experienced employees having family members on the staff. This is extremely unfair to the students and the parents who put there trust into this school. I am in no way attempting to take credibility from this school, but believe the parents should know the poor politics of this school will directly effect the education of these students.I am not affiliated with any of the employees who were laid off from ALA Queen Creek.

I love this school, the teacher, the parents and overall sense of community. I am especially pleased with the curriculum, ethics that are taught and how each child is in charge of how well they do. I also love that they offer art, music, PE, and many after school activities to the kids. I am humbled to send my children to such a great school.

The teachers and support staff at ALA QC are excellent. Being the inaugural year for this campus, there have been many bumps and obstacles which had to be overcome. Anytime I had questions or concerns the staff were more than willing to listen and resolve the situation with me. I appreciate the ethics and values we teach our children at home, are enforced in the daily activities at school. They instill a positive learning environment for all students, as each individual is held accountable for their own actions and words. This instills a strong work ethic and relationship with others, which is valued in the work place. Most schools would not be willing or even able to enforce this.

Last modified Ala QC Elementary School is a Charter school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.