Bad
Good

My kids are loving this school so far! They look forward to going every day, and come home telling me about interesting things they learned and about good times with friends. The school really makes and effort to provide a wonderful education. They make it a priority to provide help for students who may struggle in certain areas so they can move forward to be successful as the year goes on. The staff is very professional, friendly, and helpful. The teachers and principal are great too. The campus is 6th through 12th, but the older students seem to be kind to the younger ones and include them in activities which is awesome! The only thing that I see as a draw back is chapel. My kids do not choose to go, so they have to just sit at their desks with nothing to do at that time. Also, the chapel kids are given food treats when they go, causing the other kids to feel left out. I think the school should offer a couple of elective classes during chapel, and that food treats should not be given as incentive to attend chapel. Other than that, I feel lucky that my kids are able to attend such a great school.

I am pleased with the education and environment my daughter enjoys everyday at school. She is doing very academically and has been recognized for character several times. I feel it is important for children to be in an environment that supports good character as well as academics. There are schools that focus on academics but look the other way when a child is mean, negative or bullying. When I drop my daughter off at school or pick her up, the staff knows her by name and I see the principal daily greeting the student and encouraging open communication. I am pleased that staff member seems happy to be at school, care about the children and provide a positive learning environment.

This school's HS AIMS scores just came in and they had 100% pass Reading, 90+% pass Writing and 80+% pass Math! All above state averages! Not sure how they did on Science test! My son passed ALL 4 sections of AIMS as did many other students. Great start LEA.......Congrats!!!! New staff and new principal making great changes and great gains. Couldn't be happier.

If you want your child in a big school with all the bells and whistles, don't look to LEA. But if you want a small school where teachers know your students names and have small class sizes, LEA is perfect. The new principal is dedicated to the school and the school has a family type atmosphere. The school does need to upgrade some things though and more parental involvement and participating is needed. But overall this is a quality school where your kids can thrive. Most teachers care a lot about the students. Our kids succeeded at the school and were not left out as many kids are in the bigger schools.

Leading Edge is a school with much potential. They are still lacking the changes needed to accomplish this. They need additional space for classes and sports facilities. Seems funding only goes to other leading edge campuses. Year has had many changes yet cannot figure out what to do to make this school great. Small size nice but not retaining students to grow school due to lack of funding and commitment from leaders. If changes are made this campus could improve for future

There is no better place to send your children than to Leading Edge Academy. My children have attended this school for two years now and they LOVE going to schoo! I feel confident they are receiving the best education and I am thrilled to have the option to to have them attend here. Leading Edge has exceeded my expectations on all levels and I see a difference in my children's education, character, etc. The principal and teachers are so kind and attentive. My family could not be happier. Thank you Leading Edge!

My kids attend 5th grade at Leading Edge and they love it! The teachers are very helpful. My son has special behavior needs and the teachers are eager to assist him in any way possible.

This school is more concerned with getting state funds than they are teaching character of academics. Teachers are not allowed to control the students because the administration does not want to lose any students. Students can harass the teacher, lie, curse, and even openly defy the teacher without even a single day of disciplinary action by the administration. Good teachers who try to control their classrooms are let go with no explanation. It is a very bad and even scarey environment. Of course some children of staff members can get by with any type of bad activity, but no repercussion. Do not send your children here.

I am new to the area and my child started going to leading edge this year. It has been less then 2 weeks since the first day of school and my child as well as myself couldn't be happier. I have never had such amazing teacher communication in previous schools so this is a nice change. If the school year continues to go the way it has so far, I will definitely be staying with this school. Thank you to all of the teachers!

My children have attended Leading Edge Academy for years, and we have been nothing but satisfied. The two office ladies are extremely helpful, and every teacher goes above and beyond for the students. We couldn't be more pleased!

Last modified Leading Edge Academy San Tan is a Charter school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.