Desert Mountain Elementary School

Public | PK-5

Posted May 3, 2010

Awesome school, awesome teachers!! Keep up the good work!

Posted May 3, 2010

An amazing school that is very family oriented. I can walk into the office and the girls behind the desk easily know what children belong to me and know their names. They're personable. And not only do they focus on the best education that they can give my child with the best teachers they can get their hands on, they also do a great job keeping our kids safe.

Posted May 3, 2010

Desert Mountain Elementary is a school that not only teaches but cares about the students. Its a place that works together with the community to make it the best school around!

Posted May 3, 2010

I love this school! I feel very much at home here. The principal, staff and teachers know my family by name. My son is very happy here, too. I feel he is well taken care of.

Posted May 3, 2010

Everything is great! Teachers care and are in tune with the children. The principal knows all the kids' names and is very involved. Front office is friendly and helpful. PTO is awesome; there are events all the time that the kids love.

Posted May 3, 2010

The Teachers, Staff and Kids are Awesome! It is an amazing school with lots of caring people and great spirit! It is an excelling school every year and Desert Mountain should WIN! It is the best school in our community!

Posted May 3, 2010

The staff and teachers are excellent and are aware of my child's needs both academically and personally.

Posted May 3, 2010

Desert Mountain Elementary is great! The Principal and Staff are excellent. Any concerns that may arise are promptly addressed and resolved. The teachers care about the children, and their progression. There is a great atmosphere, and the children love going to school. Everyone is friendly, and know the children and families by name--amazing! I know they work hard to make this an excelling school. Thank You!

Posted May 3, 2010

Very attentive and friendly staff. My son is in the 1st grade and this is the 5th school in 3 states he has attended. WE LOVE DME!!!!

Posted May 3, 2010

The teachers and staff at Desert Mountain Elementary are amazing. They are all so hard working and dedicated to the students! I've been so impressed with how much interaction I have with my children's teachers!!

Posted April 27, 2010

Great school, great staff. Parents are very involved and they do a lot of fundraising to achieve school goals. Extremely happy that our daughter is enrolled in this school!

Posted April 22, 2010

Desert Mountain Elementary School is the best! The teachers and support staff are wonderful and they really give the students the support they need to learn and grow!

Posted April 22, 2010

The experience and expertise that the staff and faculty have is tremendous.The principal is wonderful and has a professional take on all matters.

Posted April 21, 2010

I have had my child in other schools and I was told my child had troubles learning because she couldn't stay still at this school she has come with so many good things to say about her school and what she is learning I'm so proud to have her there and I love her teacher because she has brought out the best in my daughter I rate this school a 20

Posted September 1, 2009

When you have a quality public school in your town it is easy to take it for granted. Three of my kids have atended DME and with the exception of one teacher-- we have found the teachers to be excellent. We looked at private schools and charter schools but in the end we didn't find anything better than what DME had to offer. This school has developed a track record as an excelling school and that speaks for itself. This is an all around great school because of the high quality of its administrators and teachers.

Posted June 25, 2009

I love DME! For kindergarten, my son went to a montesori school and when we moved into Queen creek I decided to put him into public school. When he arrived here he was behind academically. When he finished this past school year he was either at or above grade level. The teacher he had, who I thought was absolutely wonderful and always answered any questions I may have had and would even call me if she thought that my son might have forgot to mention to me. Mr. Shultz is great! I love how he interacts with everyone and doesn't just sit behind his desk. He makes it known that he is here to make sure his school is performing above and beyond the standards and thats why DME was an excelling school this year! Thanks to all the teachers and DME for being such a great school!

Posted April 2, 2009

I think this schools is wonderful. The fact that Mr Schults takes the time to know his kids is a possitive in my book not a negative. The teachers are great and both my kids have learnt so much this year which is why this is an excelling school. Kids learn better when they are having fun and Mr Schultz allows our kids to enjoy school which helps them learn more. My childrens education and being taught well by their teachers is top priority for me but I also want them to enjoy school and they love it. If you want the ridged no fun schooling then go private but if you want your child to learn and enjoy themselves at the same time then this is a great shcool.

Posted June 27, 2008

This school is horrible. I had lived in Gilbert before and when we moved I was disappointed. Everything was not right. My child would not learn anything. We chose to put him in a private school.

Posted July 21, 2007

I have been very pleased with the quality of teaching at Desert Mountain. I have three children. Two years ago I pulled my children out, only to come back with a much better appreciation . I am very pleased to be back. The Principal, the techers, and the support staff are all awesome.

Posted October 30, 2006

To the parent who posted a comment about Mr. Schultz playing the name game... tell me how many schools out there has the Principal ensure children are safely put in their parents car each day after school and greats them curbside each morning? Hmmm .. I've even told him that the staff should be doing this - not the Principal but whatever .. with a Masters degree and myself personally having many conversations with him I think our childrens education is his priority. If you feel there is a problem with the staff a big reason is the low wages our district pays and the exploding population of children being crammed into our schools. Sure there are outstanding teachers scattered through each grade at DME. The ones that need to be booted are 'tenured' a term they hide behind so making them get fired is impossible. Volunteer sometime! DME is A+

Math

The state average for Math was 69% in 2013.

95 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 75% in 2013.

95 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

91 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 77% in 2013.

91 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 79% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 56% in 2013.

Source: Arizona Department of Education

• In 2010-2011, this school was designated "Excelling".
  • In 2009-2010, this school was designated "Highly Performing".
  • In 2008-2009, this school was designated "Excelling".

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 2% 3%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 19%N/A47%

Fax number
  • (480) 987-5914

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Targeted Assistance program (TAS)

Apply now