Red Rock, AZ

Red Rock Elementary School 5

Posted September 23, 2013
Red Rock School has been great for my kids. They started in 2nd grade and kindergarten. They love knowing everyone and the fact that most students will help others out. They bad reviews must come from parents that did not get their way or one of those parents that blames any problems the kid has on the school and does not look deep inside their parenting abilities and the fact that the child takes Zero responsibility for themselves. Living in a smaller community and having my children be able to be part of a family school is great. They are doing very well in education and social part of school. The teachers know almost every kid in the school and assist each other in educating and making the kids better human beings. They are great at teaching responsibility, even though some kids will never learn, and how to better themselves through education and social learning. the sports programs are up and coming as well as the local sports programs. All in all we could not have hoped for a better situation for our children and ourselves.

Red Rock Elementary School 5

Posted January 13, 2013
Red Rock Elementary has been a awesome school for my daughter to attend. The teachers and staff work hard to encourage a atmosphere of learning. They are also working on developing more athletic opportunities for the children to participate in.

Red Rock Elementary School 4

Posted April 04, 2012
I am not sure why all the bad reviews? I enrolled my two children here, one of them with special needs. The staff and the services for him have been outstanding! They are very accommodating to special needs and communication is really great with the teachers. Also the teachers really look out for the safety of each child. My daughter LOVES the art class and comes home every day talking about it. Her being in 6th grade that is a plus! The only down fall is not having a full day Kindergarden. I think that would be even better. There is no aftercare. They do have to wear a collared shirt and whatever on the bottom. Hopefully soon they will change that and also the food they serve. I wish they would offer more choices and offer a salad bar for the kids.

Red Rock Elementary School 4

Posted February 17, 2012
The school size allows staff to give one on one care, looking out for the safety of it's children and the ability to adapt to the needs of the students as they arise. I have seen absolutely wonderful and dedicated teachers here but like every other school I know some are more excellent than others! It is a clean and beautiful school ready to grow as our community does. I love the year round schedule though I had concerns at first! My child has attended since it opened and I'm a huge fan!

Red Rock Elementary School 1

Posted March 05, 2011
The school has gone downhill under the current leadership of the principal/superintendent. Her lack of leadership has negatively affected the school, including some of the facility. There are some quality teachers but they are not permitted to differentiate instruction to a student, which limit what the teacher can do and keeps students at a status quo. My children have become lazy with their work as they are not challenged and very bored with the material. These are highly gifted students with so much potential. The sports programs have been minimized, which now the kids do not have an outlet for their abilities. Therefore, discipline problems increase and children are left unmotivated. With small class sizes this should be an excelling school, not just performance plus, as they so much brag about. They can change the schedule to whatever but until they change the standards and expectations students will not perform any better. The school gets only what they expect from students and that bar is not very high. If they want excelling students than teach them to excel....This is why my children will be removed next year into another school district.

Red Rock Elementary School 3

Posted November 28, 2010
I loved the school when we first moved into the community a couple years ago. Even though there were only a few schools that participated with the after school sports programs, my kids looked forward to participating. I think that they have a good pool of teachers but they are overwhelmed with no planning session time and having to take on more responsibilities. There is not a designated challenge class this year, which can be a negative factor for new families with gifted children. The communication between the school and families is a negative. The school does not educate parents on other issues or concerns, so parents could talk to their children at home. However, Teacherease is great for communication between parents and teachers on student progress. Half day kindergarten is another negative for the school. Sports are a great mechanism for keeping our kids engaged and out of trouble but ours is very minimal. However, I do appreciate the dedicated teachers who extend their time so our children can have something.

Red Rock Elementary School 2

Posted March 10, 2010
we pulled our child out of Red Rock because of many unfavorable situations. I do not see the administration as being open to the parents sharing in the education of their children. We were told that this is the way Red Rock has done things for almost 30 years.

Red Rock Elementary School 0

Posted January 06, 2010
This is my childrens' first year at Red Rock My students are excelling. The teachers are dedicated and available at all times. My children love the PE, art and music program. They thoroughly enjoy all the programs that are offered as well as the academics. I hope to see these programs continue because the students surely benefit.

Red Rock Elementary School 0

Posted December 18, 2009
I pulled my kids out of this school after one year. Most of the teachers are good, the problems come from the administrators. The children are not receiving an education, they are being trained to pass the AIMS and similar tests. The facilities are beautiful, it's only one year old. I suggest they change their antiquated methods and get a new superintendent that compliments the modern facilities.

Red Rock Elementary School 1

Posted November 23, 2009

Red Rock Elementary School
33656 W. Aguirre Lane, Red Rock, AZ  85245
Last modified Red Rock Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Red Rock Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top