Public charter
Sahuarita, AZ

Posted November 21, 2014
Great Expectations Academy is a very well organized school. The first day I brought my grandson there, about 1 month ago, everyone went out of their way to help him get settled in. He just loves his new teacher because she pays attention to the kids in her class and isn't on her cell phone texting or playing on Facebook like his past teacher. He loves having PE, Art class, Music class and having a real library. Leaving Air & Space Academy in Sahuarita was the best thing we could have done for him. He really, really enjoys going to school and never complains like he did in the past 2 years. I sure hope parents and grandparents enroll their children in this school if they have that chance. It sure beats the "in house" fighting that was happening in his past school. Happy kids makes for better learning and no more stress. I'd give this school 6 stars if I could!

Posted November 09, 2014
I am a retired teacher who has taught twenty-eight years. I taught in a traditional public school south of Green Valley. For the past five years I have been a substitute teacher at Great Expectations. I have taught in all grade levels(K-8). I am tremendously impressed by all aspects of this school. The students are polite and highly motivated to learn. They are respectful to teachers and other students. The administration takes the effort to know all the students by name and maintain a friendly atmosphere in the office. All teachers are highly skilled in their field and have great programs to teach the skills needed and to motivate their students. Any parent not happy with their child's public education because of a poor learning environment or skills not being taught effectively, I recommend Great Expectations.

Posted October 03, 2014
This school is fabulous! It has moved from a "B" school to an "A" school. Administration is fantastic! Could not imagine having my child attend anywhere else... Thanks for all you do GEA!!

Posted October 03, 2014
My child has been at the school for 7 years, and I could not be more pleased. Great administration and wonderful teachers! Thanks for caring about our kids and keeping their futures in the forefront of your minds.

Posted August 07, 2014
This school is excellent. I have been to several education facilities in the Tucson area and I have been so impressed with all aspects of GEA. There are actively engaged parents, attentive administrators, and caring educators. This, coupled with a relatively small class size, allows for an excellent educational experience for students as well as a great place of employment for teachers. There is a lot of freedom for people to find their groove that simply isn't afforded anywhere else. GEA bleeds empathy (and gecko blood) for all involved - try and find that at a bigger school (you won't).

Posted July 26, 2014
Love this school. My child just began her 2nd year here and loves it. The academics are rigorous, the teachers and staff are kind and caring, and the administration is truly top notch. After seeing some recent reviews mention teacher turnover, I investigated. All but one of the teachers from last year were asked to return, and the one who didn't come back was only a part-time paraprofessional. The year before, one teacher was let go, one left due to illness, and one retired. Sounds reasonable to me.

Posted July 25, 2014
Fabulous staff, wonderfully safe campus, strong academics, and an administrative team who is not afraid to rid itself of ineffective teachers!

Great Expectations Academy 1

Posted July 21, 2014
Highly disappointed! Was looking forward to the smaller environment, however, was completely shocked by my experience. When looking into schools initially, I spoke with the principal in an effort to learn more about the differences between charter schools and l public schools. He was unable to answer any of my questions (told me to look online). I decided to continue on as I looked forward to other seemingly positive aspects of the school and was disappointed when it came down to the first day of school as my child's teacher was not only unfriendly but rude, there was no supervision of the play area (which consisted of drastic age differences, resulting in some little ones getting hurt; not a school official in sight). When these issues were communicated to the principle he was uninterested. My last chance was discussing my concerns with the director; possibly the worst, most unprofessional experience I have ever had in my life. I had heard previews reviews about unprofessionalism but was SHOCKED to experience it myself. I will say that the office staff was friendly and professional.

Great Expectations Academy 1

Posted July 21, 2014
I cannot say very much about working at this school because I do not want to give away who I am . I will disclose that what I did see when I worked there was disheartening. This school has lost so many great teachers. I would never work for another charter school again. While there may be many good ones, this one is not. I only wish that more people would share their negative experiences. regarding this school in an effort to warn others because if you are presented with any obstacles at this school, rest assured you will be met with hostility.

Great Expectations Academy 4

Posted September 18, 2013
Great Expectations is a wonderful charter school. What drew my husband and I in years ago, was the small class size and attention the students were given. We were worried about larger class sizes like some of the schools in the area. We hoped and prayed we got in and when I got the call that we did, I jumped for joy! My oldest has been at the school now for 3 years and my youngest just started kinder. We are still in love with the class sizes, the parent involvement, the extras they get and more. I love seeing art and music still in the school when so many schools are dumping them first. I love that students are being challenged and helped and not being forgotten about. The staff is always so friendly and helpful and truly do care for the students. They know all the students' names which make for a more friendlier and homier environment. We are looking forward to many more wonderful years at Great Expectations Academy! Check out the school...you won't be sorry that you did!

Great Expectations Academy
1466 W. Camino Antigua, Sahuarita, AZ  85629
Last modified Great Expectations Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Great Expectations Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 50 reviews. Top