Posted June 23, 2014
There seems to be a lack of leadership, communication, and overall follow through with administrators and staff at this school. There are teachers who have no business "teaching" our children. I have even wondered if these select educators are in fact even educators. I do not see where I as the parent, should be doing the job of the teacher. I have prepared my child for school, given them the tools they need, the teacher must pick up somewhere and do their job. There is a level of protection for those teachers, as well as the teachers who are bullies. The student is not the priority, their attendance is, as that is where the school makes their money. I truly wish the education of the student was the priority, and changes would be made to make that a true statement. So far, this is miles away from what I have seen. I can only hope there is a change so future students can have a better chance at success.

Sahuarita High School 2

Posted February 25, 2014
I have to be honest SHS has a weak academic and athletic program. I have two children that have attended. One was bored out of his mind, never had homework, STRAIGHT A'S 2 YEARS TRANSFERRED TO SAL POINT FOR COLLEGE PREPARATION. I just feel that the school is overly concerned with performance hence it has dumbed down the curriculum to boost its numbers, Its a shame. The Athletic program is a joke!

Sahuarita High School 4

Posted November 27, 2013
I have two daughters graduated from SHS. Both of them won national awards and are doing great in college. Our son is still a sophomore there. All there also have a lot of opportunities to get involved in club activities at school that are open to all students. For those who complain about this school, try harder to get involved. To succeed you need to put some work and commit to it. You have to put some effort to gain the benefit.

Posted May 02, 2013
Worst school I have ever been to. Horrible disciplinary actions, they treat every student as if they were a prisoner. Would not recommend to anybody.

Posted April 23, 2012
By far the worst school I have ever been to. The school wastes so much money on things they do not need, such as monitors, cameras, and other useless gadgets that they say are helping to make the campus a "better place." The school should be concentrating on supplying books for the classes. Every classroom I have been into had worn and out-of-date books. The majority of students who graduate from this school will be unprepared for college. Besides the AP and honors course teachers, it seems as if the staff could care less about their students' education. Try to avoid going to this school.

Sahuarita High School 5

Posted April 27, 2011
My sons have had an amazing experience at Sahuarita High School. My oldest son is graduating and is off to Purdue. By the way Purdue only accepts 1 in 6 applicants ( who prepared my son for this challenge if not for Sahuarita teachers and staff). My younger son is in ROTC and doing very well although we have run in to two teachers this year that think grades are not that important and my son does since he wants to attend the Air Force Academy. Overall I think Sahuarita is much better than the schools my sons attended prior. Thank you Sahuarita High and let us continue to reach for excellence!

Posted April 26, 2011
I have had nothing but problems with this school. I have been in the military for nearly 19 years and have done a lot of moving. My daughters have attended 8 different school districts (to include DODDS) and have always excelled. I have NEVER had to deal with a school like this one. Like other parents, I find that the school doesn't return calls/emails. I have to walk into that office if I want ANYTHING done. I get the "roll of the eyes", but I only speak to the principal or vice now about everything. Teachers enter grades into the automated system "at their leisure" and don't necessarily grade assignments until weeks after they're turned in/due! My daughter is choosing to go live with family members in another state to get away from this horrible school and I can't blame her. Thank you SHS for putting my family through so much stress and heart-ache. Thankfully, I will retire before my other daughter gets to high-school. Parents- You are the ONLY ones who can advocate for your children. The staff will not hear anything your student has to say. Be prepared to battle (give them about 3 chances before going to the superintendent, that's when they'll hear YOU). Avoid if possible!

Posted March 17, 2011
This school basically fails on a scale of one to ten. i have been going to this school for 2 years and it hasnt gotten better.last year i tried to get ahead with summer school and my principal said NO. Wat kind of person doesnt want a student to get ahead in studies?! The "monitors" are a waste, and overall i have just had a bad experience there. our football team is 0-10! so if you are looking to excell in that area. you wont. but if you like easy work, pointless rules, and staff that really dont care i encourage you to go to sahuarita high school. Oh and this is why the kids are bad. cuz the school is horrible!

Sahuarita High School 5

Posted September 09, 2010
This school is really good, allthough it might not be the best one. I moved to this school from Puerto Rico knowing very little English. I learned English in two years and even though I still make mistakes I gotten a lot better. Also people has to be grateful, in Puerto Rico the school should get a -10 out of 10 (exept for the school of rich people); some of the public school had pests, absent teachers for months, the English horrible, no opportunities, very little electives (most schols 4-6), , no buses for transportationonly 1 option for food, and there was no clubs and only basketball and volleyball teams. I believe people is not grateful enought to realize what you have until you lose it. I present this by own experience. Before judging your school compare it to some place where people are not as lucky as you.

Sahuarita High School 0

Posted May 13, 2010
police and principal dawgs people in hallways. Also, staff up front should be fired .

Sahuarita High School
350 W Sahuarita Rd, Sahuarita, AZ  85629
Last modified Sahuarita High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sahuarita High School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 63 reviews. Top