3-5 & Ungraded
Sahuarita, AZ

Sahuarita Intermediate School 5

Posted November 13, 2014
I taught at that school for many years and can attest to the quality of teachers there at that time. I know two of the fifth grade teachers there now who are superior instructors. I also know of a 4th grade teacher there who was a student teacher of mine. He is one of the best teachers I have ever known in my 42 years of classrooms. I am saddened by the remarks of some people about this school. Negativity never improves anything-it only causes bad feelings all the way around. Constructive criticism is always welcomed but meaness should be avoided at all costs.

Posted November 12, 2014
If you want your child to learn & be academically challenged, look towards GEA. Some of the office staff at SIS are very rude, in particular the school secretary. The Principal is not child or parent friendly & is known to bully parents & children. She's more interested in running the school as a miniature boot camp academy rather than a normal school where children learn & play. The children can't talk in a normal walk to and from the cafeteria. The cafeteria monitors scream at the kids "ten minutes", while eating lunch. Forget any complaints you have against office staff as personal family relationships carry more weight at SIS. Yet children are disciplined with detention if they are one minute late; they target certain children who arrive right at or a minute before 2nd bell, while others they like will skate with no tardy or detention. Academics & electives; there is no challenging programs for the gifted, art is only for some classes & AIMS is left for the end of the year so kids are feeling the stress while still having all the end of year projects. There's only a handful of good teachers, however curriculum is at the mercy of the Principal. Good Luck!

Sahuarita Intermediate School 2

Posted June 23, 2014
There are teachers who speak badly of their students to other students, which is quite immature and unprofessional. Children are getting left behind. Students who are struggling in math and reading are only helped if someone "chooses" to help them. Other than that, they will fail. The students are not doing things as other schools are doing, such as spirit week, celebrating holidays, etc. It is ran more like a boot camp or military school, than an elementary school. These children have no creative outlets. It's structure, discipline, and more structure. I have no qualms with saying there needs to be both of those in play, but there also needs to be consistent ways for the children to express themselves. If not, they act out towards each other, to staff, and to themselves. There needs to be changes at this school because I do not understand how programs such as Art, are only available to one grade, and not the entire school.

Posted September 19, 2012
OH MY GOD, I HEARD SO MANY BAD STORIES BUT I HAD TO SEE IT ON MY OWN AND THEY ARE TRUE, IT FEELS MORE LIKE MIDDLE SCHOOL THEN ELEMENTARY YOU WILL NEVER SEE ANY PARENTS IN SCHOOL THEY DONT TRY TO GET YOU INVOLVED, THEY DONT INVEST IN THE SCHOOL VERY BAD LEADERSHIP AND THEY DO NOT CHALLENGE YOUR KIDS AT ALL

Sahuarita Intermediate School 2

Posted September 25, 2010
I moved from Texas and my child started school there from k to 2nd. 3rd and now hes in 4th at s.i.s. I am disappointed that they dont have challenging/gifted programs because he was in one when we lived in Texas. My child complains hes bored at school everyday and he complains about his teacher. His teacher has rules that I found was not right or fair to the children.

Posted September 14, 2010
My son entered the school with an IED and the previous speach teachers at the Sahuarita Primary had even suggested teachers to meet his needs. Instead, he was put in with possibly the worst teacher there according to numerous parents and a fellow teacher we've talked to. The principal told us they had no right to suggest a teacher and won't help us. Over the past 2 months the teacher has proven disorganized and our son tells us he's bored. He has almost no homework compared to every other teacher and is falling behind. The teacher gives various contradicting excuses, and refuses parents in class (red flag). We're looking for a new school. In fairness, or daughter had decent teachers there.

Sahuarita Intermediate School 4

Posted February 19, 2010

Sahuarita Intermediate School 0

Posted August 08, 2009
My child is starting his second year at SIS and I am somewhat satified with this school. My son is enrolled in the Discovery program and it appears that the Sahuarita school district has problems retaining an instuctor for this program. My son was not challenged in his regular class but was challenged in the Discovery program. The Sahuarita administration needs to invest more funds in this program or incorporate some of the discovery programs charateristic in the regular classes. Two hours per week is not sufficient.

Sahuarita Intermediate School 4

Posted February 06, 2009
This school has been a great experience. It has a well established positive reinforcement system and teacher interaction. I love that it is only grades 3-5 so that the focus is only the needs of this age group. The teacher communication is great, as well as, communication from the school itself. It is also a great place for children to prepare for higher learning, as responsibility is expected. My children love this school and their teachers. The class sizes are a bit large, but I think that is almost everywhere right now. The level of homework is appropriate and definitely a reinforcement of class learning.

Sahuarita Intermediate School 3

Posted September 30, 2007
The classroom sizes are around 30 students in grades k-5. Many of the children in each class have learning disabilites and behavioral problems. There has not been an aid in any of the classes my children have attended. The children with special needs have an aid for their help. The teachers are great (with a few exceptions). The principals and leadership of the school are awesome. The school just needs more funding to accomadate for all the children in this rapidly growing school district.

Sahuarita Intermediate School
350 West Sahuarita Road, Sahuarita, AZ  85629
Last modified Sahuarita Intermediate School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sahuarita Intermediate School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top