Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Sahuarita Intermediate School 3

Posted May 05, 2016
Lots of kids, big classes. The teachers and staff try their best with the resources and parental support they have.

Sahuarita Intermediate School
Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 05, 2016
My 4th grader's teacher is Mrs. Charles. My daughter says she is the best teacher she has ever had. Mrs. Charles is always happy to help and answer questions, and students never have to worry that they'll get in trouble for not understanding something the first time. Mrs. Charles treats everyone fairly and there's always a smile on her face. My daughter says, "If I could have Mrs. Charles until high school, l would say YES!!!!!!!" Thank you, Mrs. Charles, for teaching my daughter well. She has flourished academically and personally with your support and encouragement. You're the best!

Sahuarita Intermediate School 4

Posted March 20, 2015
To begin with, I have to refute certain things other posters have stated. There is a gifted class. Your child has to be tested and reach a specific score, 95 or 96, I think. The school does welcome volunteers. Personally, I have had the principal actually check me into the school to volunteer, and have always found her to be very friendly. There is some foundation to the office staff not being overly friendly. This is true. For better or worse, their experiences with parents probably contribute to their attitude. They do have spirit week as well as celebrate holidays, it's just not like it was when I was a child - a whole day event. They celebrate at the end of the day. Lastly, we have only been here for a year, so it's not like I have any axe to grind, any personal relationship with any of these people or any bias. Nor am I a teacher. I am just stating what I have seen. Realize that schooling 600+ kids is tougher than the 2, 3 or 4 they may have at home. Realize the numbers are exponentially greater and chaos amplified.

Sahuarita Intermediate School 5

Posted November 13, 2014
I taught at that school for many years and can attest to the quality of teachers there at that time. I know two of the fifth grade teachers there now who are superior instructors. I also know of a 4th grade teacher there who was a student teacher of mine. He is one of the best teachers I have ever known in my 42 years of classrooms. I am saddened by the remarks of some people about this school. Negativity never improves anything-it only causes bad feelings all the way around. Constructive criticism is always welcomed but meaness should be avoided at all costs.

Posted November 12, 2014
If you want your child to learn & be academically challenged, look towards GEA. Some of the office staff at SIS are very rude, in particular the school secretary. The Principal is not child or parent friendly & is known to bully parents & children. She's more interested in running the school as a miniature boot camp academy rather than a normal school where children learn & play. The children can't talk in a normal walk to and from the cafeteria. The cafeteria monitors scream at the kids "ten minutes", while eating lunch. Forget any complaints you have against office staff as personal family relationships carry more weight at SIS. Yet children are disciplined with detention if they are one minute late; they target certain children who arrive right at or a minute before 2nd bell, while others they like will skate with no tardy or detention. Academics & electives; there is no challenging programs for the gifted, art is only for some classes & AIMS is left for the end of the year so kids are feeling the stress while still having all the end of year projects. There's only a handful of good teachers, however curriculum is at the mercy of the Principal. Good Luck!

Sahuarita Intermediate School 2

Posted June 23, 2014
There are teachers who speak badly of their students to other students, which is quite immature and unprofessional. Children are getting left behind. Students who are struggling in math and reading are only helped if someone "chooses" to help them. Other than that, they will fail. The students are not doing things as other schools are doing, such as spirit week, celebrating holidays, etc. It is ran more like a boot camp or military school, than an elementary school. These children have no creative outlets. It's structure, discipline, and more structure. I have no qualms with saying there needs to be both of those in play, but there also needs to be consistent ways for the children to express themselves. If not, they act out towards each other, to staff, and to themselves. There needs to be changes at this school because I do not understand how programs such as Art, are only available to one grade, and not the entire school.

Sahuarita Intermediate School 5

Posted October 25, 2013
estoy muy contente con los maestros y el aprendimiento que mi hijo esta tomando .

Posted September 19, 2012
OH MY GOD, I HEARD SO MANY BAD STORIES BUT I HAD TO SEE IT ON MY OWN AND THEY ARE TRUE, IT FEELS MORE LIKE MIDDLE SCHOOL THEN ELEMENTARY YOU WILL NEVER SEE ANY PARENTS IN SCHOOL THEY DONT TRY TO GET YOU INVOLVED, THEY DONT INVEST IN THE SCHOOL VERY BAD LEADERSHIP AND THEY DO NOT CHALLENGE YOUR KIDS AT ALL

Sahuarita Intermediate School 2

Posted September 25, 2010
I moved from Texas and my child started school there from k to 2nd. 3rd and now hes in 4th at s.i.s. I am disappointed that they dont have challenging/gifted programs because he was in one when we lived in Texas. My child complains hes bored at school everyday and he complains about his teacher. His teacher has rules that I found was not right or fair to the children.

Posted September 14, 2010
My son entered the school with an IED and the previous speach teachers at the Sahuarita Primary had even suggested teachers to meet his needs. Instead, he was put in with possibly the worst teacher there according to numerous parents and a fellow teacher we've talked to. The principal told us they had no right to suggest a teacher and won't help us. Over the past 2 months the teacher has proven disorganized and our son tells us he's bored. He has almost no homework compared to every other teacher and is falling behind. The teacher gives various contradicting excuses, and refuses parents in class (red flag). We're looking for a new school. In fairness, or daughter had decent teachers there.

Sahuarita Intermediate School
350 West Sahuarita Rd, Sahuarita, AZ  85629
Last modified Sahuarita Intermediate School is a Public school that serves grades 3-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.