San Tan Valley, AZ
Students enrolled: 1,089

Posted January 25, 2015
I got bullied in the beginning of the year , the school did nothing about it my parents won't let me move .. We tried other schools bus' won't drive out here .. Nothing I can do.. I'm never happy going in to school or coming out .. Depression hits me hard .. Their are people who smoke weed everyday continually , & all the do is suspend them every time .. Nobody ever gets expelled plus they don't care if they get suspended .. Because they dont like school anyway there parents force them to go.. I do not recommend your children going to my school. & this is my school & I can't even be proud .. Makes me so miserable having to go here

Posted December 07, 2014
This school made my son miserable. It hurt me to drop him off to this prison everyday. Kids get in trouble just for laughing. When they get in trouble they have to go to the office and copy cores ( school rules). None of the administrators smile. A kid should enjoy school, have good memories of school, they won't get that here. They even make sure finals are the very last days of school instead of free time to relax, say bye to friends and sign year books. This is because,as one admin. said, "this is middle school we don't have parties". That is not what was wanted. The students are allowed no fun or laughter. They also get no respect from the staff. Punishments don't fit the crime either. They are either too harsh or too lenient it depends on who you are. Your guilt also depends on who you are and who supposedly witnessed the "crime". If you are thinking of sending your child to this school , DON'T! Go watch the kids going in or coming out and look at their long faces, that will tell you a lot. I think admin. Get away with it because kids are here only 2yrs. So instead of dealing with admin. Kids taken out or maybe the kids don't tell what is happening. Hopefully, it will stop.
2 people found this helpful

Posted February 17, 2014
This school isn't all too good, the students here aren't being taught the way they should be...i think this anyway. Students who need help during class and need the help should actually get the help they need instead of the classic " do it yourself, figure it out ". They should at least get some help out of it. The teachers here are disrespectful towards students....and they wonder why students are disrespectful back. And they don't really say anything about bullying, they say they are a bully free school and if there is any bullying the bully would be expelled....they aren't doing a very good job about bullying. I personally don't like this school

Posted July 19, 2013
Nothing to know about the score is at their special education department is in need of new EVERYTHING! They make excuses for every little reason why they can't accommodate. They refused to hire more people to assist with children in need of help. They refused to allow in outside help to counteract their lack of services. They do not properly educate the rest of the teachers as to the situation the student might be going through. They are so do not utilise advisement of the parent as to handle situations or any tools given to them

Posted June 12, 2013
Mr. Darcangelo is supposed to be the new PE teacher at JO Combs Middle School in San Tan Valley Arizona. I found complaints about him when I typed his name and football coach to Google so my husband sent him a text. Mr. Darcangelo was upset and left messages until midnight on a Tuesday night. And when my husband couldn't call him until he was home from work Mr. Darcangelo sent a text message calling my husband a coward !!!!! Parents should be allowed to ask about complaints when they're about their children's teacher. It's not right for a teacher to call a parent a coward because he wants to ask the teacher's side of the story. Is he trying to hide something? We have a Christian home and name calling sets a bad example for our kids. I don't think I want Mr. D teaching our children Phys Ed or coaching them on football after this.

Posted May 05, 2012
The teachers don't care about the students at all. Kids act like animals, disrespect the teachers, and somehow never get expelled or suspended for their actions. It is not a school environment here, more like a trashy daycare. They have poor ways of handling the behavior, by simply sending out a mis-behaving child out into another class room. This does not only disturb one class room, but the other. The front office people are especially rude, and will take their time with each and every tiny thing that they do, to assure that you are late for class. The problem at this school is the crazy children, that need a much better discipline routine. Horrible school. I dreaded every single day of going there. Do not send your kids here.

J. O. Combs Middle School 4

Posted August 01, 2011
i like the teachers and education given here. most of the teachers are really nice, i do have to say im not a fan of the 7th grade language arts team, the teachers talk to students with no respect, and act like there dumb, there also snobby and stuck up. but besides that i felt that it was a very great school, the principal is very involved with making the students day fun, and taking into consideration any of complaints that students may have.

J. O. Combs Middle School 4

Posted April 19, 2010
The school is under new administration this year and it has come a long, long way. The students are receiving far better discipline and education that in years past.

J. O. Combs Middle School 5

Posted June 05, 2009

Posted May 30, 2009

J. O. Combs Middle School
37611 N. Pecan Creek Drive, San Tan Valley, AZ  85140
Last modified J. O. Combs Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
J. O. Combs Middle School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 39 reviews. Top