PK-8 & Ungraded
San Tan Valley, AZ

Posted February 17, 2015
Our school is a Leader in Me school where we promote leadership in the classroom, school halls, as well as practice the habits outside of school hours. We have a clean and organized, friendly environment that students want to be apart of. Our staff is welcoming and we love our students.

Posted February 17, 2015
I love the fact that Walker Butte is transforming into a "Leader In Me" school. I can already see a difference in appearance and attitude with the staff and students every time I drop my student off to school. My student is very excited to come to school and learn. She is also bringing what she has learned from school (the 7 habit language) into our home and making sure that we follow the 7 habits too. I also like how Walker Butte holds family nights that are free. We went to the gingerbread night and had a great time as a family!

Posted February 13, 2015
Walker Butte K-8 is an excellent school. My child loves being a Walker Butte Coyote and has a lot of pride in his school. The teachers are caring and kind. The administration has great communication and are always around on campus. There are a lot opportunities for the students, such as: activities, clubs, sports, tutoring, and parent nights.
6 people found this helpful

Posted February 13, 2015
Walker Butte is a very well staffed school. My children attended Walker Butte and my last is graduating this year. I can attest that neither of my children would have been as successful in high school had it not been for the education they received at Walker Butte. Walker Butte has changed for the better over the years and with it now being a Leader In Me school, I have seen changes in the behavior of the students who are now attending.
4 people found this helpful

Posted February 13, 2015
Walker Butte school has really improved. The new Leader in Me program has my children excited about coming to school. They even use some of the terms at home. "You need to think win-win" my daughter often says. The inside of the school looks fresh and inviting. My kids love their teachers.

Posted February 13, 2015
Walker Butte is a Leader in Me school. With this, the kids are taught to live the 7 habits on a day to day basis. The values that my kids learn prepares them to be a responsible individual and leaders in their own craft as well. I like the parent-teacher communication and the way teachers modify instructions to accommodated gifted kids. The administrators are approachable and address concerns in a timely manner. I like the activities that I can bond with my children like the Reading Night, Math night, student led conferences and different assemblies. I can perceive this school getting an A rating in a year or two.

Posted February 13, 2015
Walker Butte is a great school! I have had the privilege of working with amazing students for well over a decade. Walker Butte strives to meet the individual needs of students as well as focusing on group achievements. I enjoy when alumni come back to visit and share their success stories. I am especially pleased when they come back to work at the school! Mrs. Gates Teacher Librarian
3 people found this helpful

Posted February 13, 2015
Love the Leader in Me at Walker Butte. Staff and administration pays special attention to the success of my children.

Walker Butte K-8 1

Posted October 09, 2014
The school is way under standards. The teachers are not giving enough attention to students to make sure they retain the information, do not check with practice exercises and they rush the students. Tutoring is a joke. Transportation is a problem as well. I am not happy with the kids at this school.

Posted April 11, 2013
I like the parent communication. I liked getting newsletters from teachers telling what my kid was going to be taught that week. I also like the Principal. He is always approachable and will sit down and talk with us. I think the teachers are doing the best they can. Schools have had a lot of budget cuts and teachers are working hard despite this.
5 people found this helpful

Walker Butte K-8
29697 N. Desert Willow Blvd., San Tan Valley, AZ  85143
Last modified Walker Butte K-8 is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Walker Butte K-8 Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 74 reviews. Top