PK-8 & Ungraded
San Tan Valley, AZ

Posted October 09, 2014
The school is way under standards. The teachers are not giving enough attention to students to make sure they retain the information, do not check with practice exercises and they rush the students. Tutoring is a joke. Transportation is a problem as well. I am not happy with the kids at this school.

Walker Butte K-8 4

Posted April 11, 2013
I like the parent communication. I liked getting newsletters from teachers telling what my kid was going to be taught that week. I also like the Principal. He is always approachable and will sit down and talk with us. I think the teachers are doing the best they can. Schools have had a lot of budget cuts and teachers are working hard despite this.

Walker Butte K-8 2

Posted April 08, 2013
I'm an 8th grader at Walker Butte & to be honest going to school is like a roller coaster ride. There's good parts & awful parts. I love 3 out of my 4 teachers. However, the immaturity level is insane. These kids are in for a smack in the face when they get to high school! Also, they rush kids into classes far too advanced just so that they look better & smarter than other schools. I was a geometry student & I had to bus to & from the high school for math which sucked because Poston's teachers are 10x worse! Not to mention I was failing the class & had to drop out. Now I'm back in the class I took last year & the teacher makes me feel stupid, unaccomplished, & unwelcome. I also must mention that the guidance counselor is a total space cadet! Also, thanks to the assistant principal for not giving me a copy of my eligibility packet like she promised for days, I can't try out for high school cheer. This school is so broke & they waste their money on ridiculous things. Also, there was a teacher who cussed in front of my parents at my little sibling's parent teacher conference. (Did I mention that prison food is healthier and more filling than the school lunch?)

Posted February 15, 2013
I agree ... School aid is way under qualified. They like to make you feel like your an inch tall if you complain about her. She must be related to someone to still be working there.

Posted February 15, 2013
Great Teachers and staff but horrible school aid care. She almost put my child in intensive care and acted like it wasn't a big deal.

Posted February 15, 2013
My daughter loves her teacher. You can tell she really cares. However, they need to get new school nurse. She is condescending and wont take responsibility for her mistakes. My daughter, 9 yrs old, said the school nurse made her cry and felt very uncomfortable. Not a very happy parent now :-(

Posted February 15, 2013
Ya know, she did the exact same thing to my child as well. Why don't they get rid of her?! I remember there e was a post about a diabetic child she neglected but it was removed. Guess they don't like hearing the bad

Walker Butte K-8 2

Posted July 18, 2012
My son attended 2 yrs in the K-2 area. I noticed mistakes that had been on GRADED homework; so obviously neither teacher properly does what is expected of ANYONE WORTHY OF HAVING A LICENSE TO TEACH. If parent is highly involved, and reviews every asssignment and test that comes home with them: They will easily get onto the honor roll. DON'T EXPECT THE TEACHERS TO DO EVERYTHING...WE AS PARENTS HAVE AN OBLIGATION TO OUR KIDS TO KNOW & REVIEW EVERYTHING WITH THEM. I consider this to be just a tiny bit below "AVERAGE" because many improvements need to be made. There are children being beat-up and abused by other students on campus. No discipline ever occurs, but any student can tell you of something they've personally witnessed. Just ask.. it's TRUE! Teachers often pick "pets"; and then tend to ignore other students. Then they will turn a "bilnd eye" to the children who are failing. Teachers seem pre-occupied, self-absorbed, and with a lack of experience or sound moral charachter (One or another). My son did very well there academically; but i think it is mostly due to the HOME-SCHOOLING he recieved from me while in attendence at this school.

Posted April 21, 2011
I am a mom who not satisfied with this school at all. This school has such a bad reputation between students and teachers. There is no daily/weekly reward system put in place school wide for these students who work hard, other than the honor roll, and not everyone gets on the honor roll. The teachers grading system is awful. Some are hard on their students when it comes to school work, while other teachers lack at not enough participation with the students. The PTA is awful. I've never seen an activity, or any involvement of the PTA at the school. There is an extreme shortage of parent volunteers. The Principal is not very good, and his office staff are extremely self centered. Their special needs department needs a make over, it's terrible. The 7-8th grade students who play sports, are extremely cocky. They are known to be extremely rough, and they manhandle other teams with out getting fouls called on them. Students hardly ever use the cross walks. Students are crossing all over the busy streets of the school. If you do not stop, the kids flip you off, and yell at you as you drive by. I would stay far away from this school as possible. I'm getting ready to move on out.

Posted April 08, 2011
I'm an 8th grader currently attending Walker butte K-8 school, Ever since ive moved to this school in 5th grade, this school has been not only a terrible influence, but has ruined my middle school experience. The childern that attend this school are; rude, perverted, and have no respect for anyone, most importantly the younger grades. The teachers are lazy and do little to keep children under control. they have had a mold infestation, the hygien is incomprehensably disgusting, and the students themselves awful, now its not there fault, the elders who shape them are at blame, who are? the teachers, the parents, and the principal. Now i can GAURENTEE that ive learned more in my 4th grade year in a public downtown chicago school than i learned in 5th+6th grade combined! the guidance counselar does nothing to help the children, only to collect the paycheck, the principal doesnt steer us in the right direction, rather just observe classrooms all day. the higher up staff jumps to conclusions and they are at fault for some bullying that happens here. anonymous source? doesnt exist here. theve revealed students names who has been bullied. the classrooms are crowded, ty to the band+libr.

Walker Butte K-8
29697 N. Desert Willow Blvd., San Tan Valley, AZ  85143
Last modified Walker Butte K-8 is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Walker Butte K-8 Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 66 reviews. Top