Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Well, I went there science 1st grade and the teachers are very kind and hard working! Most students are very behaved and the homework is the perfect amount!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers are constantly working hard to meet the academic and behavioral needs of all of their students. After the kids take their tests, they are either placed in reteach or enrich classes for the following week - this allows them to advance to the next level in that standard or have another shot at learning the standard.

Amount of homework: Agree

I was concerned about the homework until I talked to the teacher. She explained the district policy and was glad that I shared my struggle of how long it took my son to do his homework. They really don't want kids struggling - The homework is a short practice for the students to continue practicing what they learned in class. If they are struggling, talk to the teachers. They will even tutor - for free!

Develops character: Strongly agree

This school develops honesty and integrity through honest, effective communication with staff, students, parents, and the community. I appreciate how the administration is firm, fair, and consistent in their dealings. Lastly, they are fair in a variety of ways. They strive to provide the best education for all students. This is accomplished from creating a safe learning environment, followed by fairly educating all students to allow them to achieve their maximum potential.

My kids really enjoy going to Walker Butte K-8 Leadership School. I have kids ranging from kindergarten to eighth grade. All students have an opportunity for a leadership role, either in the classroom, outside of the classroom, or both! My children are challenged to learn and if it is too hard, the teacher takes the time to either work with me or tutor my kids. The administration, teachers, and all the staff members I encounter are positive and happy. I appreciate how they are always out and about on the campus. All of the staff seem to truly love working with kids. My kids feel appreciated and safe. Go WB Coyotes!

The 4th graders this year happen to be a really rough crowd!!! A lot of bullying at this school!!! Before sending your kids to this school talk to your kids on how to deal with a bully. My son has multiple bullies and he doesn't say anything because he doesn't want to be teased by the other kids. My son would never hurt anyone but the bullying is so bad that he is feeling the need to defend himself. My older children constantly talk to me about the profanity as well. I would think twice before sending your kids here. My kids are doing much better scholastically but emotionally not.

We love this school and the leader in me program they have implemented. I can really see the difference in the staff and students since beginning the 7 habits. That being said, I keep on top of everything my children do/learn so I can help keep them accountable. I have a bunch of favorite teachers there that my kids still hold in high regard. Plus, the reading program with Mrs. Campbell has been doing great family nights that are free. Hope they do the Math night again too as my older kids really enjoyed it. The electives that my kids chose seem extremely interesting like stock market, sustainable living, and mad science. Last but not least, the athletics program is top notch. Looking forward to the different sport seasons coming up.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Most teachers there are extremely effective and honestly care about your child. There will always be those few that just collect a paycheck but I try not to let them bother me or my kids. Other parents/students love them so it must really depend on personality clashes.

Our school is a Leader in Me school where we promote leadership in the classroom, school halls, as well as practice the habits outside of school hours. We have a clean and organized, friendly environment that students want to be apart of. Our staff is welcoming and we love our students.

I love the fact that Walker Butte is transforming into a "Leader In Me" school. I can already see a difference in appearance and attitude with the staff and students every time I drop my student off to school. My student is very excited to come to school and learn. She is also bringing what she has learned from school (the 7 habit language) into our home and making sure that we follow the 7 habits too. I also like how Walker Butte holds family nights that are free. We went to the gingerbread night and had a great time as a family!

Last modified Walker Butte K-8 is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.