Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

The school has had bad ratings all over many school rating sites for many issues the biggest one being bullying. From flat out ignoring that the bullying is happening to blaming the victim rather than the bully. Unfortunately my child had to experience this first hand. Seems being in a new district and a new principal has done nothing to fix this. Recently removed my kid from this school when he was being verbally (pretty strong and expletive laced language) and physical bullying. Teacher did nothing and we heard not a single word from the school. At their previous school Walker-Butte we we told immediately if there was bullying with any of our kids. Bullying happens but I'm not going to keep my kids in a school when one of their jobs is to ensure a safe learning environment for all students

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

I only had a problem with two teachers, the rest were very proactive but even they cannot battle this alone

Amount of homework: Agree

The homework was fine, the education was lacking and now she is a few quarters behind everyone else now that she switched schools but what do you expect when the teachers are allowed to show their Facebook during educational time

Develops character: Strongly disagree

They are told to lie to parents about how they are bullied instead of solving the problems that usually end in violence.

There are so many things wrong with this school! Horrible place to educate your child. Don't believe their lies. Severe behavior students assaulting other students and that is ok . These students are never removed from the classroom. Don't send your kid here for their own safety! Run away as quick as you can!

**** GREAT EXPERIENCE*** My kid has attended San Tan Elementary since K, and he is currently in First grade .his Teacher for kinder garden "Mrs. Hill" was great he responded to her and went in prepare to First grade. Now he has Mrs Lugo for 1ST GRADE . she is such an amazing teacher keeps kids motivated and really cares about every kid in her classs room. The truth is that if you are looking for a good school I would recommended San Tan Heights Elementary, but more than recommend that we all as parents keep involved and participate on our kids education by assisting our kids with their homework and focusing on finding our kids learning abilities. many parents here write bad reviews on this school but when it comes down to being involved on school actibities the schoool offers to parents to help our kids with developing their strenghts maybe only 10% of the parents attended.

So disappointed. There are too many issues to even begin listing. I doubt I have enough space on here and I'm sure people would not have enough time to read everything. On top of all the issues I have experienced this school year alone, now the school will be going to a 4 day school week. After looking at the calendar for next school year and seeing just how much time my children will be spending in school, I think it's time we look to another school. Just during the month of October, my children would only attend school for 9 days! What do they expect the kids to learn with only 9 days of teaching? So sad to see how much this school has gone downhill in recent years.

The staff at this school is devoted to the students that they service. The new administration works hard to improve this school on a consistent basis. Kudos to them for always doing right by children

San Tan Heights Elementary is a hidden gem. This is not the San Tan Heights Elementary of years ago, this is a new and improved school. The Prinicipal; Mr. Moncibaez and assistant Principal; Mrs. Hall are working hard to change the image of this school and raise the bar in academics, teacher accountability, student/parent accountability, after school programs and more. You can't take the "ratings" of a school and run with it, there are so many things that go into a schools "ratings" that are not dependent on the teachers and/or staff. This is a public school that is required to welcome every student from every back ground, no matter what and help make them succeed. There are good teachers at bad rated" schools and there are bad teachers at good rated" schools. You won't find a perfect school out there, be proactive, be a part of your child's education and that doesn't mean sitting at your computer and name calling. I can say I have always volunteered at my children's school, there is not a better way to see the inner workings of a school or a better way to truly know and understand who is teaching your child.

Most unprofessional people I have ever dealt with. There are more excuses than answers to problems. When there was a lockdown at the school, parents like me were waiting at the gate to get our kids and no one ever bothered to tell us there was a lockdown. Some parents got a phone call, others did not get anything or got a call HOURS after the fact. There was no explanation as to why we were all standing around waiting for our kids and they were not being brought out. There are cases of bullying that go unaddressed or if it is addressed, the child behaving poorly is rewarded in an effort to get them to behave. If you are looking for a free babysitter for your unruly child, this is definitely your school!

Last modified San Tan Heights K-8 is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.