Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Everyone is very nice made my son feel welcome he loves the school and so do I.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

How can they when the staff doesn't practice those values. Been lied too, no integrity and caught red handed not being fair and lacked integrity to even apologize.

Great teachers, great principle, love this school! Always have best interest of our kids in mind, keep up great work Copper Basin.

The front office staff in absolutely great. Anytime I had a question, they were there to answer it. The problem I had was with the teacher. I NEVER received accurate grades from my child's teacher because by her own admission, she was to busy to keep grades updated. 3 times, I looked on the online family link site to keep track of grades and when report cards came out, the grades DIDN'T match! I never once had a parent/teacher conference with my child's teacher. I still have no idea what my child's grades are at this point because I have not received her report card in the mail yet. How do you keep teachers that cannot fulfill the basic requirements of their contracts? The other issue I had was the fact that the teacher could not control her own class. I understand that most of their work is done electronically however, when you have kids taking weekly spelling tests, why is the rest of the class loud, rowdy and obnoxious so that it makes things more difficult for the other kids to take their tests. The teachers answer to this, have your child bring in headphones so they can hear better. It should be more like, how about you control your class so that things can get done. I was actually a little disappointed with regards to the teacher aspect of things and I really hope that they obtain more qualified teachers in the future.

There are a couple of good teachers but a couple isn't good enough. The school nurse is absolutely wonderful and intelligent. Front staff are helpful and nice. Having said that education isn't the priority and I'm not quite sure what is. My son started well and the year progressed he actually lost IQ points. The teacher actually sent home spelling words that were misspelled omg. My children have had many items stolen and never found. Bullying is a sport. You're either bullied or the bully. Special needs help that's an absolute joke. Kids use drugs right in class and spend the rest of the time with there cell phones under their desks doing God knows what. Hoe can children learn if they're on the phones or high. Unruly children with severe infractions are left in school to continue their disruptive behaviors at the expense of other students. Some other parents have moved their children for the children's safety and education. How can a school allow children to get away with this so much so you have to move your children and they get to go being so disruptive I think they should make them move. Thank God we are moving away I feel like we failed our children by allowing them to attend as long as they did. We are fixing that now. Don't take your kids here.

I was skeptical about enrolling my daughter here because of the negative reviews. It seems like this school must have had a huge staffing change? After taking a tour my concerns were gone. Everyone was so friendly and welcoming and the school was colorful and clean. My daughter has learned so much here! I'm very happy with her kindergarten teacher Mrs. Kirchhoff. I feel like she is learning and being loved at school everyday. The principal is very kind as well.

My children have attended Copper Basin for 4 years now and I have seen the school do nothing but improve the staff and the programs. The schools rating is now an "A" and the principal is up for a major award. My kids teachers have all been friendly and helpful and anytime I have had a concern or question the office staff and teachers have been there to help. They have a great Title 1 program with one of the best teachers I have ever meet (Mrs. Bolton). Also the front office staff is very knowledgeable, friendly and helpful.

This school is pathetic. If your children have special needs, they will bully you and then actually force you into going to a worse school like Walker Butte. Joanne Pike is an sad example of a leader and is very unprofessional in the way she handles problems. The principal would make up incidents that took place just to send him home. When I asked to speak to witnesses to the incidents, there were none. The staff did many other things to bully my son to the point to where he hid under tables in the office and would tell me that they were mean to him. I have a second child that is going into kindergarten that they didn't even want to attend there, even though he passed his kindergarten assessment. What did they do to make sure that he didn't go there? They forced his older brother to go to Walker Butte without our permission. How did we find out the district automatically enrolled our son without our permission? Through papers that stated he needed to go to Walker Butte for meet the teacher night! There wasn't even an IEP sent stating the changes that were made. This is the worst school I have ever seen. They are unprofessional, abusive, and admin needs an overhaul.

We moved here the beginning of May of 2013, so my daughter went to school only for 4 weeks to finish 2nd grade. Those 4 weeks she was miserable because she was "the new kid". Now in 3rd grade she knows more of the children & has a lot of friends. However the class sizes are unbelievable. In those last 4 weeks of her 2nd grade class she was bullied and every friend she has was not going to continue school at Copper Basin. Almost every single parent I spoke with in the end of the school year for 2013 or over the summer was pulling their child & transferring them elsewhere. The 3rd grade teachers are fantastic & I would not change them for anything. I said I would let her go there for this entire year & see what happens, but at this point I am seriously considering transferring her elsewhere where the teachers can give the students the attention that each of them need.

Last modified Copper Basin K-8 is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.