San Tan Valley, AZ
After care: No

Posted July 10, 2014
This school is pathetic. If your children have special needs, they will bully you and then actually force you into going to a worse school like Walker Butte. Joanne Pike is an sad example of a leader and is very unprofessional in the way she handles problems. The principal would make up incidents that took place just to send him home. When I asked to speak to witnesses to the incidents, there were none. The staff did many other things to bully my son to the point to where he hid under tables in the office and would tell me that they were mean to him. I have a second child that is going into kindergarten that they didn't even want to attend there, even though he passed his kindergarten assessment. What did they do to make sure that he didn't go there? They forced his older brother to go to Walker Butte without our permission. How did we find out the district automatically enrolled our son without our permission? Through papers that stated he needed to go to Walker Butte for meet the teacher night! There wasn't even an IEP sent stating the changes that were made. This is the worst school I have ever seen. They are unprofessional, abusive, and admin needs an overhaul.

Posted May 22, 2013
my school i dont wana menchtion the name (copper basin) isnt were you wanna have fun we are supposed to have fun but not really the staff is really mean one first grade teacher is s ofriken mean she yells like 30 seconds then gives a 5 minutes long right in front of me some kids almost cry i want to kick her in the face.

Posted May 21, 2013
This school has a high rate of bulling. The administration really does nothing about it. They say oh we have not seen this or its the first I have heard but its not. The special ed teachers are good but the programs suck. They give you alot of promises but only follow through when you stay on them.

Posted September 11, 2012
Someone needs to look into the staff turnover. Are they not hiring the right people? Are they not mentoring their new teachers enough? Are they making unreasonable demands on teachers and students? I think so.

Posted May 15, 2012
This school is horrible the staff dont care about the student!!!!! and they dont teach well i recemend you not to put your students here

Copper Basin K-8 5

Posted March 15, 2012
My kids have gone to Copper Basin since it opened. The school as well as the district have done a fantastic job adjusting to the challenges placed on them by budget cuts, low parent participation, and a lack of education support from the state. I have seen my children enjoy learning and love their teachers.The staff does a wonderful job of supporting kids that need help and challenging kids that are gifted learners.FUSD Superintendent , Dr. Nine, really cares about ALL the kids in his district. He can be seen at any number of academic and sporting events throughout the community. The teachers have nothing but great things to say about Dr. Nine. Great school! Great district!

Posted January 09, 2012
Where to start? I have worked as faculty at a H.S. and several colleges. It is typical to place the blame on parents and students. Then, the school does not need to take responsibility for their downfalls. I withdrew my son from Copper Basin today. He has attended since kindergarten. He is in 3rd grade. We really did try to make it work, even with lack of transportation, the printed internet pages for homework, and the rude behavior of staff. I am appalled by Florence refusing to let us incorporate. They stood to lose 1 million but actually stood to lose over 10 million for the schools. There was embezzlement 2 years at Walker Butte. We can wait around for the district lines to change or we can jump on our legislators to help redraw those lines even though we are not incorporated. I chose AZVA (online school) because I work from home as a professor online and can do this. Copper Basin YMCA offers a program in connection with AZVA for 4th grade and higher. The fact is that my son was not learning and he was bullied over the years. I've seen other children pushed and punched on the playground. AZVA is a great program and I know my son will learn in a good environment.

Posted December 15, 2011
Epic joke of a school! Keep your kids away at all costs!!!! We are removing our child immediately!

Posted June 08, 2011
I think this school needs the state to come in and really look at what is happening. They are not promoting life long learners, they are teaching to the tests. Shame on you Copper Basin.

Posted May 20, 2011
In the 3 years that my children have been going to this school I have watched the decline in staff. Every year my son had stared with a teacher and inevitability his teacher leaves and another in brought in mid year. I completely disagree with having 2nd graders changing classes like high school kids. My kids get so confused and I often get notes that they went to the wrong class at the wrong time. The vice-principal is a master manipulator of words and always tries to twist your words and put all the blame on the parents. Even when a teacher admits to being the one who was doing the name calling to a 9 year old boy in a room full of people contributing to group bulling with other students of that boy. BAD administration BAD teachers!

Copper Basin K-8
28682 N. Main Street, San Tan Valley, AZ  85143
Last modified Copper Basin K-8 is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Copper Basin K-8 Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 70 reviews. Top