San Tan Valley, AZ

Circle Cross Ranch K8 School 5

Posted October 23, 2014
I have to say when I heard Mr Solberg was leaving I was very worried. But the new assistant principal has been great. When I brought my concerns to him regarding the release of my kindergarten child he made changes to pickup procedures immediatlwy. My junior high son was bullied all last year and when I took that concern to him he placed all of the kids on a contract and there has been no bullying. My son says that the kids respect him but know if they get in trouble they are not getting only slaps on the wrist. His teachers are amazing too. They offer after school tutoring and communicate with me on a daily basis. Keep it up ccr, you have some very positive changes.

Circle Cross Ranch K8 School 5

Posted September 05, 2014
My three children go to this school and I have had no problems. My daughter forgot one of her assignments and her teacher had her call me to let me know. The teachers are strict and my kids always have homework and the curriculum is great. They are rated an A school this year.

Posted August 17, 2014
This school is terrible, most of the teachers are in their first few years of teaching, which wouldn't be a bad thing if they had tenured teachers for support and a good foundation. My daughter was in a class where the teacher had no idea how to handle discipline, bullying, or how to keep the kids on task. Her classroom was always in chaos and my daughter could not focus. They kept telling me that they were very concerned she was not going pass her AIMS tests, but then kept telling me that she wasn't far enough behind for them to give her extra help. Even after I got a diagnosis from a psychologist they still kept screwing around and dragging their feet to avoid actually giving her a 504 or IEP. Her teacher also failed to notice she hadn't turned in homework for 5 weeks.

Circle Cross Ranch K8 School 4

Posted July 03, 2014
I really liked CCR. I had a daughter in Kindergarten and absolutely loved Mrs. Garber! She was amazing! She was great in communicating with me in all things- whether discipline, academic, or simply praising my child! My daughter is, well determined and strong minded lol, but Mrs. Garber was great in being consistent and keeping the class on task. I strongly feel she not only was great in academics, but was firm and fair in discipline. A+++! My older daughter's 1st grade teacher was a little lack luster. She did not communicate with me well. She always insisted when I contacted her or through parent teacher conferences that she was doing fine, but needed to practice Math. Yet, when we would get progress reports or report cards that did not reflect. Each quarter she had dropped at least a letter grade. Very frustrating and seemed not interested in my child, but more of passing the time. I think that there is one of these in every school. Principal is nice. Very firm yet patient. Overall staff is wonderful and facilities are nice. Only issue I really had was that this year there were 3 lock-downs. Luckily nothing very serious and everything was fine still too close for comfort.

Posted February 15, 2014
My kids have been going to CCR for 3 years now and it keeps getting worse. They brought in a new principal to "clean things up" but all she has done is take away privileges. My youngest daughters 1st grade teacher was horrible and did not recognize that my daughter had a learning disability and just kept saying she was really worried about my daughter. Not once did she refer her to the school psychologist for additional testing. Then her 2nd grade teacher was almost as dumb. Finally at the end of the year she recommended that my daughter be referred for testing but only after I had spent money taking my daughter to a clinic to rule out ADHD. Since it was the end of the year, she just started getting help the second semester of 3rd grade because it took the whole 1 semester to determine what she needs help in. My son, who is in 4th grade and has been on the honor roll or principals list every semester since 1st grade, has only gotten it once this year. He has had 3 different teachers and each one gets worse. The one he has now has been a substitute in the past and this is her first year staying permanently. My son begs me everyday to home school him. Nothing good about this school.

Circle Cross Ranch K8 School 4

Posted July 19, 2013
My daughter started her first year in 2012.. She did great. She got recognized for the good and disciplined for the bad. I think the parents need to be more involved the teachers are there to teach them not babysit and teach the kids how to behave that is the parents job.. Parents need to pay more attention to their childs behavior in order for them to not be a nuisance in class... PARENT INVOLVEMENT IS THE KEY! As far as communication I think they do great in fact the school is how I found out about a water sanitation issue last year . Johnson utilities did not bother notifying us!

Posted February 23, 2012
It's a bad school. Right now I am in 8th grade and every week our principal has to hold an assembly for the 7th and 8th graders saying how bad we are. This is actually very true as the 8th grade has its bad share of students that disrupt class and always complain out loud when we get a simple assignment. Then you have the 7th graders. Plain awful. You'll never want to see them. Always yelling, always going to other classes and disrupting them, and ignoring and complaining to teachers. They make this school really awful. Because of them and some 8th graders, we are now walked to each class and cannot go to the bathroom. The bathroom wouldn't be bad, but since we are walked to classes, we can't leave! We also end up late everyday to each class because of this. Try to avoid this prison.

Circle Cross Ranch K8 School 2

Posted September 06, 2011
My son had the most amazing kindergarten teacher last year and I was so thrilled with his experience at CCR. Sadly he went from having a teacher who communicated amazingly, rewarded and disciplined students properly and was passionate about teaching, to having a teacher lacking all of the above. Any problems I had were not fixed. I was passed back and forth between the vice principal to the teacher as if I was the problem. They do NOT communicate well. My phone calls were never returned promptly, I had to call them after 24 hours of waiting on several occasions. To top it off, my son came home nearly every day with unfinished school work. His teacher didn't seem to care if he was learning or not. Im happy to say that my son is now at a much better school and I'm thrilled with what it has to offer!

Posted August 21, 2011
I think the Principal has to do something, she has improve the image of the school, discipline, and to improve the level of education there. student level is low, less involvement of teachers, administration employees care less... The Principal is the boss and she has to fix these small problems that are getting bigger month after month.

Posted July 13, 2011
The administrators are terrible. They waste the teacher's time with unnecessary menial tasks instead of giving teachers time to plan quality lessons. The principal especially, is too concerned with her image as a principal instead of making the tough choices that will benefit the students. Disruptive students are not dealt with because the principal is too afraid to do anything because it will make her look bad. The district insists on having their hands on everything involved with teaching. Teachers here are told what to teach, how to teach it, when to teach it, for how long, and how to assess students. This in turn has taken away the creativity needed to teach high quality lessons that will get students interested in learning. Is this really the way students should learn? The teachers here are amazing, but are severely limited by the districts's bureaucracy and their tyrant principal's poor leadership.

Circle Cross Ranch K8 School
35900 N. Charbray Drive, San Tan Valley, AZ  85143
Last modified Circle Cross Ranch K8 School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Circle Cross Ranch K8 School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top