Bad
Good

I have had 3 students at Combs High. My family has been with this school from the beginning. Combs has grown tremendously. This school has really grown in to a great place to have your child attend. If somebody talks bad about Combs, I bet they have not experienced the school themselves and are only living off of the baseless rumor-mill from several years ago. The academics are on par with the state average. The student population is smaller than the surrounding public high schools. The football, basketball, and baseball teams are consistently in the playoffs. The basketball team even made it to the state championship game. You hear of all the accomplishments of the wrestling team, the marching band and the drama club at the state level. My kids mention how there are less issues with fights and teen pregancies than they learn about from neighboring high schools. I appreciate the strict guidelines of dress and attendance/tardiness that Combs commands. These are great values that my family holds important. Combs has earned the right to a good reputation now that they have had 4-5 wonderfully successful years since they opened 6 years ago.

I like the teachers at this school. The principals leadership seems good as well. I do not like the 2 day tardy for semester rule and your child has to go home and then return 2nd hour.

I have been impressed by the great strides this school has made since its inception, just a short time ago. The culture change at the school has been noteworthy. Perfect size school to meet the needs of my 2 children (senior, sophomore).

This is the best school I have ever been to. There are never any fights, the teachers are fantastic, and the students are kind. I would never go to any other high school.

The music program continues to stand out as the best one in the area, with the marching band taking top honors in each of their competitions this season. The football program is now headed in the right direction as well, playing better ball and building on fundamentals. The school administration continues to solidify discipline and holds students and teachers accountable. The teachers are highly qualified, and enthusiastic, and after a few years experience since the school opened, are not backing down on expectations for student work or behavior. Definitely on the right track. Happy to send my kid here.

After recently attending Open House night, I have to say that I'm extremely impressed with this school! The credentials of the teachers are amazing. The teachers are very enthusiastic and seem to really love teaching. I was also surprised (in the best possible way) about what a nice facility this is. They have the best of everything. These kids are so lucky to be going to such a great school!

It's only been a couple weeks, but so far we're very happy. This school is state of the art, the teachers are great and my child reports that he loves his classes and the students are friendly. He also has no issues at lunch.

We have moved our child because of the poor standards this school has. There are kids who do not get to eat lunch because of the long lines and the staff does not seem to care. if there are problems on campus the janitor is the one to handle instead of security or teachers. The athletic teams do not work as a team, they are more like individuals than anything.

We moved into Combs back in Sept. There are the normal grumblings of things I don't like, but that's going to happen at ANY high school. The big thing for me is communication - Combs HAS to get better at sharing information via the web, phone calls, newsletters - whatever. Just let us know what's going on!! I know that they now have a FB page www.facebook.com/combscoyotes - so that s a start! What I can't stand is the true lack of parental involvement. This is our children's high school experience... why are these parents simply being bystanders?! We have the power to get involved and make these four years productive and fun! We also need to get the community to believe in Combs!

Combs high is probably the best high school I've had the pleasure, and displeasure, of going too. It has it's ups and downs, but what school doesn't? We're still growing and finding our footing. We have more AP and honors courses than both Poston Butte and Queen Creek, and we have a great upstart Journalism program that has already had students writing articles that have been printed in our local newspaper. We're a campus full of caring individuals, a knucklehead here and there, but thats life. I hate too see our school written off as horrible just because of a few things a small majority of the student body do. When deciding where your child should attend, and if you actually care about the learning quality instead of just listening to all the negativity, do a little research about this school. We've got a great program, and a sports program working it's way up. I personally love what we have here and can't wait to see how it develops even after I graduate.

Last modified Combs High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.