San Tan Valley, AZ
Students enrolled: 1,004
After care: No

Posted June 21, 2015
I have had 3 students at Combs High. My family has been with this school from the beginning. Combs has grown tremendously. This school has really grown in to a great place to have your child attend. If somebody talks bad about Combs, I bet they have not experienced the school themselves and are only living off of the baseless rumor-mill from several years ago. The academics are on par with the state average. The student population is smaller than the surrounding public high schools. The football, basketball, and baseball teams are consistently in the playoffs. The basketball team even made it to the state championship game. You hear of all the accomplishments of the wrestling team, the marching band and the drama club at the state level. My kids mention how there are less issues with fights and teen pregancies than they learn about from neighboring high schools. I appreciate the strict guidelines of dress and attendance/tardiness that Combs commands. These are great values that my family holds important. Combs has earned the right to a good reputation now that they have had 4-5 wonderfully successful years since they opened 6 years ago.

Combs High School 4

Posted October 16, 2014
I like the teachers at this school. The principals leadership seems good as well. I do not like the 2 day tardy for semester rule and your child has to go home and then return 2nd hour.

Posted October 15, 2014
I have been impressed by the great strides this school has made since its inception, just a short time ago. The culture change at the school has been noteworthy. Perfect size school to meet the needs of my 2 children (senior, sophomore).

Posted March 19, 2013
This is the best school I have ever been to. There are never any fights, the teachers are fantastic, and the students are kind. I would never go to any other high school.

Posted October 28, 2012
The music program continues to stand out as the best one in the area, with the marching band taking top honors in each of their competitions this season. The football program is now headed in the right direction as well, playing better ball and building on fundamentals. The school administration continues to solidify discipline and holds students and teachers accountable. The teachers are highly qualified, and enthusiastic, and after a few years experience since the school opened, are not backing down on expectations for student work or behavior. Definitely on the right track. Happy to send my kid here.

Posted August 22, 2012
After recently attending Open House night, I have to say that I'm extremely impressed with this school! The credentials of the teachers are amazing. The teachers are very enthusiastic and seem to really love teaching. I was also surprised (in the best possible way) about what a nice facility this is. They have the best of everything. These kids are so lucky to be going to such a great school!

Combs High School 4

Posted August 16, 2012
It's only been a couple weeks, but so far we're very happy. This school is state of the art, the teachers are great and my child reports that he loves his classes and the students are friendly. He also has no issues at lunch.

Posted May 09, 2012
We have moved our child because of the poor standards this school has. Kids miss lunch because of the long lines, problems on campus are handled by the janitor not the security or teachers (which I have personally seen turn and walk away ignoring a fist fight), athletic teams do not work as a team but as individuals, principal is not "present" on campus and rarely seen in congregated areas, like the cafeteria or in classrooms, and parent involvement is almost non-existent. There are a few dedicated teachers on campus who are struggling under poor leadership and there is little to no accountability about the safety of the teaching staff or students by the leadership or the district itself- this is alarming. I m not aware of the situation", seems to be the rehearsed line. There is not proper supervision of the student body and students are getting hurt. Personally I would not expect my child to be patient and wait until this school decides to get their act together.

Posted January 10, 2012
We have moved our child because of the poor standards this school has. There are kids who do not get to eat lunch because of the long lines and the staff does not seem to care. if there are problems on campus the janitor is the one to handle instead of security or teachers. The athletic teams do not work as a team, they are more like individuals than anything.

Posted May 28, 2011
Strong leadership & setting a good example would be a good start. the principal is not "present" on campus. Rarely seen in congregated areas, like the cafeteria or in classrooms. Parent invlolvement is most definetely a huge factor in a student's success. Not blaming teachers, they are a few dedicated on campus. What I'm saying is that they are struggling under poor leadership. Have called & interacted with the Principal & distrcit. The lack of concern & accountability about the safety of the students is alarming. " I'm not aware of the situation", seems to be the the excuse. A student had his head pounded into the concrete after school on campus, was left with a bruise on his brain. This should have never elevated to that degree, had there been proper supervision. There was not a staff member in sight. Don't think it's wise to ask your child to wait until this school decides to get their act together.

Combs High School
2505 E. Germann Rd., San Tan Valley, AZ  85140
Last modified Combs High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Combs High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top