Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

Ever since the new Principal, Dr. Richard took over, the school is 100 times better. There is discipline now, the school feels safe, the cafeteria food is better, and the teachers actually teach and help you. Dr. Richard also had the school painted and got lots of new equipment and got laptops for everyone so it is much better now.

This school is getting better and better. It is a diverse school that offers honors classes that my child enjoys. She loves the sports program and the small classroom sizes.

Above and beyond my expectations . It's like having a second family! I never have to worry about my children. Mr Haugen surprises the kids with random fire drills and dance songs on the way out at the end of school! Simply AMAZING! Staff is well educated from NAU to ASU to NWU! This school is united as one and strives for excellence in all areas.

This is one of the best schools I've been to. I went to Poston freshman- junior year and had a horrible experience. On my first day of senior year at foothills I already felt welcomed and at home by the teachers, staff, and students! The teacher actually care about you and encourage you to do your best and go to college. I highly recommend this school for a great high school experience!

My son is a senior this year and I am so pleased I moved him here and out of the nearby high school with the laptops. He has had a positive experience and he will be ready to face the challenge of the real world in May 2014! Thank you Foothills!

My son had spent his 1st couple of years of high school at the very reputable Basha high- however he was struggling with grades & failing in math... we moved & I made the commute to Basha thinking it was the best place for him. After much debate I agreed to let my son spend the last semester of 10th grade at Foothills with obvious consequences of returning to Basha if any of thr horror stories I had read about Foothills were true. I must let you know my son has never been more excited about going to school, he loves this school, hes friends with everyone & no joke my son who had at best a low C & had to attend summer school because he failed math is now a straight A student- this is no joke.. I am really glad I gave this school a chance against my judgement- dont read a book by its cover & remeber everything you read on the internet is not true remember the commercial?? bonjour ;)

teacher give up on stundents and no contact with parents, run away from here, Drugs are a very big problem on campus and have been brought to admin attention with no change?

I switched my son to this high school because he was struggling in a nearby large high school where there was little communication with teachers and administration. Great job Foothills, the environment is warm and supportive of the students and their needs. For those of you who are still not sure, go and take a tour, you will not be dissappointed. Your very own lap top isn't all it is cracked up to be. Students need teachers too and teachers that take the time to get to know them. It was hard for my son to get extra help in a class with over 45 students.

My son is in the non-traditional HS at Foothills, and I was really excited about it since my son struggles in the traditional school. Let me note that my son is not a drug addict or on probation, he is not a trouble maker in school in fact he is on the shy side. Yet the staff seems to treat them as second class citizens, the lunchroom staff is rude to them and the teacher instead of being encouraging seems to put them down. Not sure this is the right choice for my son.

The New Principal is amazing. Compared to other schools where I have worked, this one is doing really well. I too hear horror stories in the community about the school, but I have yet to see any major incidents. Our state scores are up and up, the staff cares about each student they have, we have access to amazing technology with smart boards in every classroom, and we offer a lot of school activites and classes (honors, AP, Engineering, Guitar, Foreign Language, etc...). It is great, all that is offered for being a small school. Most students participate in more than one activity. Students are friendly and not "clicky." Also the Special Ed. Department is fantastic. Every school has its problems, but I have to say, that this school has very few. I give it a 5!

Last modified San Tan Foothills High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.