Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

My son has attended this school since 1st grade when we moved into the neighborhood. I was worried at first because the builder told me his daughter started here as a 5th grader and struggled for the first year, but was doing great as a 6th grader. He has never had an issue with his classes. He has always been an A/B student and loves coming to school. I love most of the teachers he has had over the years and I love the support staff. I was so happy to see him receive real grades from day one and not 0's and S's like the other schools my older children went to.

Develops character: Strongly agree

My son exhibits these behaviors daily because of the 7 Habits that are taught here.

Great teachers! Very supportive environment. The staff here makes it a priority to ensure that students are experiencing success.

ALA caters to one type of learner. It is NOT an open minded place. If you like diversity and chances for everyone keep looking.

ALA-STV has turned my kids' ideas about school around they attended the flagship elementary school in the Higley school district and had such horrible experiences that we pulled them out to homeschool for a semester. Both our kids were extremely nervous about returning to school in July...but fast forward to today (March) - both of my kids told me they were happy to be going back to school after Spring Break! The teachers here are exemplary in every sense. They truly care about their students, and every teacher provides free tutoring at least once a week. Both of my kids have IEPs and the experience with ALA-STv's SPED Department has been superb. We are so grateful for this school!

My family absolutely loves ALA. The principal is very involved and available should an issue arise. Early in the year we had issues with my child s teacher; however, it was resolved and is now striving. I recommend ALA to everyone I know. Great values and promotes leadership. My children are more advanced academically than others their age attending public schools. If there is an issue, communication with teacher and Principal is the best way to resolve. Parent involvement is crucial in the success of any child s education. Overall impressed.

I am so pleased with the progress that my boys have made at this school! Both boys entered at below level academics, and within two years are now testing above grade level! Thank you ALA staff!

We are extremely disappointed in this school. The behavior of the students is disrespectful and lazy. The work load for each grade is completely ridiculous. First graders will have 5 major tests in one week (with no notification home or study sheets) and the older grades coast by with a minimal work load. We spend 2 hours a night working with our younger child (because of the tests) and only 30 minutes to an hour for the older. Parent involvement is too much. They bully the administration and teachers and promote bad behavior with excuses for their children. Avoid this school at all cost.

This is an "A" rated school. The staff is very dedicated. I love that they teach and practice "The 7 Habits". My children are learning how to be leaders by problem solving and working together. The are learning how their choices effect themselves and others. The teachers that my children have had are very dedicated and willing to work with me to help my children where they need the help. The staff and school district are constantly trying to improve the school and take input from parents on how they can become better. I also really like that they require uniforms. This school has been the best fit for my children.

Last modified Ala San Tan is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.