School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

I am pleased to welcome you to Combs Traditional Academy, home of the Knights! We believe we are the premier choice for K-6 education in San Tan Valley and would like to invite you to tour our campus. Our small school environment emphasizes responsibility and respect, where we strive to know each of our children by name and develop positive relationships while also providing a rigorous academic focus. Contact us today to arrange for a school tour!
January 08, 2015

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

Develops character: Strongly disagree

The principal is rude and seems to not be a great leader after witnessing many situations where he was unprofessional with other parents.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

My daughter's teacher was grumpy and obviously not happy with her job but my son's teacher was great!

Amount of homework: Strongly disagree

The school work was not explained enough for my children or the neighborhood children to understand, I offered to sit in and see the lesson plan the teacher explained that it would be a distraction and she not got back to me about meeting after class.

After being informed by my children that the principal was mean and yelling at the children I honestly ignored their concern since it can be stressful been around so many children all day long, It wasn't until after i witnessed this first hand that i was not okay with it. The principal is completely unprofessional. He yelled at me when i approached him to let him know that i had notified that staff that i was picking up my daughter and i could see her boarding the bus. As soon as i walked up to him he yelled at me and told me that i needed to move out of the way. When i tried to explain that he was loading my daughter on the bus he cut me off and told me that he was busy, fortunately my daughters teacher was there to intervene and explain what was going on to him. He never apologized and he had many opportunities to do so. Also, if you plan on being involved, or having lunch with your child it is frowned upon at this school.

My Daughter has been attending Combs Traditional Academy since Kindergarten and she loves it. I have been extremely impressed with the staff, teachers and principal. They have pushed my daughter to excel and have been there to support her and us to ensure her success. Anytime I have had concerns, all I have to do is email and pending the issue I get a quick email response or phone call to hear my concerns and offer advise. As a mom with her first child in school this has made the transition into school and each grade there after much easier. I have never seen anything to cause concern on how the staff/principal/teachers handle various situations that present themselves throughout the day. I've volunteered at the school on several occasions and the teachers and staff have always treated the students with the up most respect. I highly recommend this school to anyone that is dedicated to their child's success and learning experience.

Absolutely love this school and its staff! It's a fun, safe learning environment for my kids!

I love this School!! The teachers and Staff are top Notch!! The Teachers are very helpful and are always willing to find extra to guide the students but communicate great with the parents if there is an issue. The Principal is Awesome and you will never find a better principal out there. The curriculum is absolutely great however if your child has a hard time grasping or learning a year ahead and can't keep up then this is not the school for you. The previous 1 star review that was written is a BOLD FACE LIE. The teachers are there to help and educate and the staff is excellent. If the Parent isn't willing to find out what is needed to help or you can't be there to help your kid then yeah my kid would be miserable too and not understand what is going on or what to do. The teachers are extremely professional and I have yet to come across one who isn't willing to talk to and help my children or who has been rude or unprofessional. I will always recommend this school above all other schools in the area and definitely against public schools. Take this and other reviews at face value you won't find a better school out there and if you do that's your preference but those schools are bigger with big class size and your child would always get lost in the shuffle. Definitely check this school out and see for yourself.

Absolute worse school my Daughter has ever attended. When we first moved to AZ I relied on this website to look for a new school and enrolled her based on reviews. The teacher was so rude and irresponsible, constantly late or called in. They always had to split her class and put them in different classes. My child told me the Principal always yelled at them I didn't believe it till I witnessed it myself during a school function in front of other parents volunteering. My child would also come home not knowing what to do on her homework even though the other side of it was done correctly and she let me know that her teacher was in a rush so she gave her the answers. When I tried to discuss my concerns the teacher was rude and so unprofessional, completely felt uncomfortable leaving my daughter their so I did not re-enroll her. I would never recommend this school to anyone and can't understand how they have good reviews it was a miserable experience.

Combs Traditional Academy is an excellent school that instill student responsibility, rigor, and academic excellence. Combs Traditional Academy has a excellent cadre of dedicated professionals who are extremely serious about the importance reading, writing, mathematics, and science. My child has been attending Combs Traditional Academy since kindergarten. My child is now in the second grade and since kindergarten has loved every single educational instruction given by each teacher and has enjoyed every classroom experience. At present, our child is receiving a quality education from one of the best second grade teachers in Arizona. Therefore, as a parent who is a strong believer in education, I am very pleased with the level of dedication, the level of education, and the level of instruction Combs Traditional Academy has provided thus far to my child of color.

Last modified Combs Traditional Academy is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.