San Tan Valley, AZ

School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

I am pleased to welcome you to Combs Traditional Academy, home of the Knights! We believe we are the premier choice for K-6 education in San Tan Valley and would like to invite you to tour our campus. Our small school environment emphasizes responsibility and respect, where we strive to know each of our children by name and develop positive relationships while also providing a rigorous academic focus. Contact us today to arrange for a school tour!
January 08, 2015

Posted May 31, 2015
I love this School!! The teachers and Staff are top Notch!! The Teachers are very helpful and are always willing to find extra to guide the students but communicate great with the parents if there is an issue. The Principal is Awesome and you will never find a better principal out there. The curriculum is absolutely great however if your child has a hard time grasping or learning a year ahead and can't keep up then this is not the school for you. The previous 1 star review that was written is a BOLD FACE LIE. The teachers are there to help and educate and the staff is excellent. If the Parent isn't willing to find out what is needed to help or you can't be there to help your kid then yeah my kid would be miserable too and not understand what is going on or what to do. The teachers are extremely professional and I have yet to come across one who isn't willing to talk to and help my children or who has been rude or unprofessional. I will always recommend this school above all other schools in the area and definitely against public schools. Take this and other reviews at face value you won't find a better school out there and if you do that's your preference but those schools are bigger with big class size and your child would always get lost in the shuffle. Definitely check this school out and see for yourself.

Combs Traditional Academy 1

Posted May 15, 2015
Absolute worse school my Daughter has ever attended. When we first moved to AZ I relied on this website to look for a new school and enrolled her based on reviews. The teacher was so rude and irresponsible, constantly late or called in. They always had to split her class and put them in different classes. My child told me the Principal always yelled at them I didn't believe it till I witnessed it myself during a school function in front of other parents volunteering. My child would also come home not knowing what to do on her homework even though the other side of it was done correctly and she let me know that her teacher was in a rush so she gave her the answers. When I tried to discuss my concerns the teacher was rude and so unprofessional, completely felt uncomfortable leaving my daughter their so I did not re-enroll her. I would never recommend this school to anyone and can't understand how they have good reviews it was a miserable experience.

Posted January 10, 2015
Combs Traditional Academy is an excellent school that instill student responsibility, rigor, and academic excellence. Combs Traditional Academy has a excellent cadre of dedicated professionals who are extremely serious about the importance reading, writing, mathematics, and science. My child has been attending Combs Traditional Academy since kindergarten. My child is now in the second grade and since kindergarten has loved every single educational instruction given by each teacher and has enjoyed every classroom experience. At present, our child is receiving a quality education from one of the best second grade teachers in Arizona. Therefore, as a parent who is a strong believer in education, I am very pleased with the level of dedication, the level of education, and the level of instruction Combs Traditional Academy has provided thus far to my child of color.
2 people found this helpful

Message to families
SCHOOL LEADER
Posted January 08, 2015

Posted January 05, 2015
I love this school and how small the classes are. This is our 2nd year and my daughter loves it. I teach Art Masterpiece and many parents are involved with all the schools activities so it makes it fun getting to know them as well as the teachers and principal.

Posted September 17, 2014
Excellent School! Very organized and great learning environment. Would definitely recommend this school for other parents.

Posted February 24, 2014
I absolutely love CTA! - Involved teaching staff my son s teacher is always open and available for quick meetings and takes the time to provide attention to each individual s needs. - Top notch principle he is at each event, knows my entire families names, and is approachable, yet respected, by the students. My son sees him as a role model and someone to look up to (verse fear, as I have seen at other schools) - Great admin staff - Small school all teachers know all of the students and you get to form relationships (verse being a number) - Challenging curriculum I would strongly suggest you understand the learning environment before you make the move to a school like CTA. Be ready for your child to be challenged and very focused. My son seems to have more homework and higher standards than peers at other schools. My constructive feedback is: - I personally don t care for the combo classes and hope this changes in the future - Would love to see a before school program at this location (current it is at another local school and kids are bussed over) - Would like an increase on the security fence to be inclusive of the play area

Posted January 21, 2014
Combs Traditional Academy- I am so proud of how my son is doing at this school. He has always struggled with confidence and his teacher Ms. Hrubec is always so helpful and finding ways that will help him succeed. I am very Thankful for the school and how hard all the teachers work at Combs Traditional Academy .

Posted January 21, 2014
I am very happy with this school. I've seen it grow and evolve over the past few years. It stands out as a great school, with great mentors and teachers. My only constructive feedback falls with the AM before school program being at a sepertae location

Posted January 21, 2014
This school is One of a very limited number of schools in the state of Arizona that has one of the Best Top notch educations and teaching for Az.. I love this School I would drive from super far just to continue my daughters education here. My son will go there next year as well. The Staff is Awesome. The teachers not only care but they want your kid to succeed. The Principal is one of the best I have ever met in the educational system. The school has a small enrollment which makes the learning even more fun and challenging. My Daughter is learning like how I used to learn when I was a little girl growing up in the south. CTA is a Gem, a diamond in the ruff. Check it out it is worth your time and I can't say enough awesome things about them!!

Combs Traditional Academy
37327 N Gantzel Rd, San Tan Valley, AZ  85140
Last modified Combs Traditional Academy is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Combs Traditional Academy Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top