San Tan Valley, AZ
Students enrolled: 1,755

Posted August 04, 2014
This is easily the best HS to choose from in the San Tan Valley area. Since the new principal and admin took over last year, things improved significantly. They have great academics and programs for kids who are failing and they are building good sports programs too. Yes the student population has increased since word has gotten out about how much the school has improved, but it is nothing that is out of control. I was concerned about rumors of overcrowding but took the principal, Dr. Richard, up on his offer to visit the school. Everything is fine, plenty of time for kids to eat lunch, plenty of room in classrooms, and many great teachers and engaged students from what I saw. I am pleased with this school!

Poston Butte High School 2

Posted July 29, 2014
This school is now overcrowded and the busses are packed. Not all the students are receiving their lunches during their lunch time and the Principal completely denies it. They encourage Juniors and Seniors to go off campus for lunch, but there is nothing, I mean nothing, within walking distance and they are just asking for traffic accidents. PBHS has told my child that he failed two classes and now are saying he failed neither class. I know schools have it tough, but denying the issues is beyond disappointing. Our children deserve the truth, to be cared for, to be listened to and receive a quality education.

Posted June 26, 2014
This will be my son's junior year. Although his freshman year wasn't the greatest, the school has completely changed. The school has improved on academics, and this year the athletic department is upgrading on the development of their sports teams.

Poston Butte High School 3

Posted May 08, 2014
I think the new administration team is great since the new principal took over. There may be a few who are unhappy, but that is what happens when a fair and consistent policy is applied to all and the due process rights of everyone are respected. The bullying issues have been fixed tremendously compared to last year. I also find the front desk receptionist and customer service to be much improved and the culture and climate on campus is absolutely wonderful and friendly. There is a reason why this school won the 2014 spotlight on innovation award. It is a good school now, its been turned around for the better!

Posted March 23, 2014
With the new Principal, Dr. Richard, the school has turned around totally. It is so much better now. The atmosphere is better and kids feel safer. It is nice knowing that the principal cares about the students and that he wants us to be successful.

Posted February 03, 2014
Poston Butte is the only high school in the area that I would recommend to anyone. We have a growing number of advanced placement courses in many subjects, and amazing options for electives. Many schools offer little to no support for the performing arts, which I am a part of, but Poston Butte, especially this year, ahs shown so much encouragement and interest in what we are about. Performing Arts are very important to a great number of students and for some are the only reason they want to come to school and try hard at what they do here. Poston Butte has changed my life. We are a family and we stick together.

Posted November 19, 2013
WOW! That is all I can really say! I never thought that a simple change in leadership could make SUCH a huge difference. Our new Principal, Dr. Richard, and his entire administration, they are amazing! The school is fun now, and safe, and everyone is passing and things are so much more positive than last year. Just check out the website, the facebook page, the school twitter and the "Untamed Entertainment" youtube page and see for yourself all of the awesome!

Posted August 16, 2013
Our new Principal, Dr. Richard, is quickly making a HUGE difference. He also hired some great new assistant principals, the whole culture on campus has changed to a very positive one. I and all my friends love coming to school now. Dr. Richard is always around and available and he is very encouraging and positive. It is MUCH better than last year!

Poston Butte High School 2

Posted April 02, 2013
Lack of administrative support. Common sense is often not used. Complete revamp on how this school is ran is greatly needed. My children as well as other do not like the lunch that is served. More care in this area is needed. Children need food fuel to help be more successful in school. More parents need to be involved. Text books need to be an option for students especially when there are restrictions with the use of the computer. Not all student will follow the rules and alternative measure needs to be implemented. Also, sending students to sweep for not having their ID needs to be readdressed. Like I mentioned earlier the entire school policies needs to be re-vamped.

Posted January 09, 2013
This school is amazing. My son gets such a great learning experience. There are excellent teachers that stay almost everyday for about two hours just for tutoring. The principal is very nice and a strong leader for this new school. One of my, and sons, favorite aspects of this school, is the growing number of challenging academic programs. I would recommend this school to anyone.

Poston Butte High School
32375 North Gantzel Road, San Tan Valley, AZ  85143
Last modified Poston Butte High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Poston Butte High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top